**** Official East Stirlingshire vs Rangers Match Thread ****

2 minutes ago, SimshillBear said:

Cheers, I agree it was never in doubt but it's always good to get the job done early. :uk:

Absolutely, playing Motherwell first was a bit of a blessing. Get a bit of revenge and breeze through the other teams. No disrespect to them of course. But we've gotten back to the stage where teams like Annan, Stirlingshire, Stranraer shouldn't be causing us problems. 

At the same time, there's no need to embarrass them simple 2 goals to kill it off and go about business conserving energy and avoiding injury. 

It's always a worry that players could easily pick up an injury on this type of surface and that only 3 subs can be used for this match.  It will be interesting to see our managers team/subs selection for this game.

Think Fotheringham and Tav will return to the team.  Probably rest Hill and bring back Wilson, just demonstrates the need for another CB because if he leaves out Hill then Kiernan would need to play as there is no other cover.

13 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Friday, 22nd of July at Ochilview Park

19:45 Kick Off
Live on BT sport (On air at 19:15)

League cup Results so far

175px-Rangers.png            200px-East_Stirlingshire_FC_logo.svg.png

Rangers:                               East Stirlingshire:

W/2 L/0 D/0                                  W/0 L/0 D/1

Goals For : 4                                  Goals For: 1

Goals Against : 0                            Goals Against : 3
      (6 Points)                                         (0 Points)         

Likely to be the debut of Joe Dodoo for us and a bit of squad rotation as well.

Likely to be a line up off

Wes 

Tav  Wilson Hill  Wallace

Holt          Barton      Forrester

O'halloran      Dodoo      McKay

Subs being

Barton > Kranjcar

Waghorn > O'halloran

Halliday > Holt 

0 - 3 (Dodoo, O'halloran, Kranjcar) 

**Fun Facts**

• Rangers and East Stirlingshire have met 10 times, this will be the 11th. All 10 times so far have been Victory for Rangers
  • East Stirlingshire was founded in 1881, making it Younger than Rangers by 9 years but older than Celtic by 7 years
  • In 1974 East Stirlingshire hired a manager by the name of Alex Ferguson, where he won 9 matches, drew 2 and lost 6.
  • East Stirlingshire share their ground with Stenhousemuir FC. 

**Last Meeting**

The last time Rangers and East Stirlingshire met was the 27 April 2013. The game would end in a 2-4 victory for Rangers, with Robbie Crawford and Ian Black picking up goals as well as David Templeton picking up a double. For East Stirlingshire both goals came from Quinn, the first being a penalty. 

Our squad was: 

Neil Alexander, Andrew Mitchell, Emilson Cribari, Kyle Hutton (subbed off for Smith),Seb Faure, Ian Black, Lee McCulloch, Robbie Crawford, David Templeton, Andrew Little (subbed off for Stoney), Kai Naismith (subbed off for Luca Gasparotto). With Fraser Aird and Andy Murdoch being unused subs. 

The guys who usually do these don't make such rookie errors as saying East Stirlingshire have drawn 1 out of 1 so far but have 0 points. Tut tut tut... :pipe:

1 hour ago, TheCutch said:

The guys who usually do these don't make such rookie errors as saying East Stirlingshire have drawn 1 out of 1 so far but have 0 points. Tut tut tut... :pipe:

First time come on :disappointment:

Be neighbourly :lol:

40 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Can someone please explain? I clicked on "like" and got a dialogue box saying something about not being able to do something to this poster but the "like" was registered. Serious question from a technosaur.

There's  cap on how many likes you can give if that's what you mean. 

After 20 likes you can't like any thing else until the next day. If it keeps up might wanna ask the mods or admin :541:

52 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

First time come on :disappointment:

Be neighbourly :lol:

There's  cap on how many likes you can give if that's what you mean. 

After 20 likes you can't like any thing else until the next day. If it keeps up might wanna ask the mods or admin :541:

Can't be that. First time on today and the "like£ registered. Unfortunately, can;t remember the exact message but it apparently related to that poster. It was TheCutch and my "like" is still showing. but thanks anyway. I appreciate any help offered.

2 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Can't be that. First time on today and the "like£ registered. Unfortunately, can;t remember the exact message but it apparently related to that poster. It was TheCutch and my "like" is still showing. but thanks anyway. I appreciate any help offered.

He"s blocked you for not showing up to a dogging meeting? Maybe? I dunno. 

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye. I'd say it's on a par with Alloa's "pitch". 

It's Stennys ground which means its also a bit of a walk as well to it:lol:

The last Alloa game last season (1-1) drove through by myself without a ticket and got one there, what a disgrace that pitch was - almost as bad as the frozen fuckin pies :belm:

1 hour ago, giffnockger said:

The last Alloa game last season (1-1) drove through by myself without a ticket and got one there, what a disgrace that pitch was - almost as bad as the frozen fuckin pies :belm:

Never forget the game they beat us 3-2. 

Probably my worst ever moment following Rangers. 

Surprsingly we played decent stuff that night on the ice rink...