Another rangers hater outed

soulboy

12 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Of course the BTC played its part in damaging us, it was a potentially massive liability of a business that Minty was trying to sell. Online blogs and other nonsense? No chance.

We're not where we are because of random tarriers posting stuff online, we're where we are because of years of financial mismanagement from a chairman who couldn't be arsed unless it was his name on the line, an interpretation of tax law that was 'creative' at best, and the aforementioned mismanaging chairman selling us to a shyster because we'd become too much of an inconvenience to him.

Forgive me for not blaming our enemies for where we are now, but I'm not letting the people that got us in the shit off the hook that easily. 

BTW did you know that the BTC Blog won the Orwell  prize? 

The Orwell Prize is Britain’s most prestigious prize for political writing. Every year, we award prizes for the work which comes closest to George Orwell’s ambition ‘to make political writing into an art’.

But we do much more than that: we take political argument around the country

The Orwell prize In 2012 the Rangers Tax Case Blog won the Orwell Prize, the judges citing was as follows:

‘The 2012 Blog Prize showed that not only could blogs comment on current events, they could drive stories forward. Rangers Tax-Case takes what might be a dry topic – the tax affairs of a sports team – and shows how a striving for transitory success has severely distorted sporting, legal and ethical boundaries. Displaying focused contempt for those who evade difficult truths, and beating almost every Scottish football journalist to the real story – Rangers Tax-Case shows how expertise and incisive writing can expose the hypocrisies the powerful use to protect themselves from the consequences of their actions. It is a worthy winner which not only proves that independent blogging is as healthy as it ever was, but also offers a mirror in which our times are reflected.’

Please do not continue with the argument that this type of blog did not and could not affect the opinion of people not close to events, with regard to the club. It influenced enough people to win prizes for fucks sake.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

That shows how thick you are. It's nothing to do with a pissing contest but more how idiotic you are to suggest that someone who has spent so much on Rangers actually hates them and mostly everything about them.

It's all you have though when you disagree with someone, pitchforks, haters and paranoid Protestants should be the title of your book if you ever release one.

It's not catchy enough - I'll call it 'hello! hello! we are the bully boys' and dedicate it to you and your ilk who want to browbeat folk who disagree with them! 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It's not catchy enough - I'll call it 'hello! hello! we are the bully boys' and dedicate it to you and your ilk who want to browbeat folk who disagree with them! 

That straw man you're building, it's getting bloody huge!

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

I agree with the point that the language used should have been toned down a bit. the article could be just as hard hitting without going for emotive phrases like "out Unionist way of life" and "sectarian bigot". If anything, that is papish behaviour of sorts.The real evidence speaks for itself without trying to play on people's emotions.

McPhee is a cunt though and deserves to be outed.  

Agreed 

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

BTW did you know that the BTC Blog won the Orwell  prize? 

Please do not continue with the argument that this type of blog did not and could not affect the opinion of people not close to events, with regard to the club. It influenced enough people to win prizes for fucks sake.

I did know that, yes. Although the blog prize has always been a bit of a joke, IMO. 

The argument that the blog didn't influence people was with regards to buying the club, with it actually going on to damage. I don't think that anyone considered buying the club, and then thought "oh, but that blog says they're fucked, better leave it" and that's why Whyte took over. That's nonsense. 

You've now taken to creating your own points, that I never raised, and are now trying to disprove those. I've no idea why you're so determined to be considered right in all of this.

I'm in the minority, I accept that. I'll continue to blame David Murray for the mess that we're in, and you continue to applaud internet vigilantes for revealing the identity of some blogger and convince yourself that it's retribution.

6 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I did know that, yes. Although the blog prize has always been a bit of a joke, IMO. 

The argument that the blog didn't influence people was with regards to buying the club, with it actually going on to damage. I don't think that anyone considered buying the club, and then thought "oh, but that blog says they're fucked, better leave it" and that's why Whyte took over. That's nonsense. 

You've now taken to creating your own points, that I never raised, and are now trying to disprove those. I've no idea why you're so determined to be considered right in all of this.

I'm in the minority, I accept that. I'll continue to blame David Murray for the mess that we're in, and you continue to applaud internet vigilantes for revealing the identity of some blogger and convince yourself that it's retribution.

tumblr_mypj3wmUV71rzik3go1_250.gif

To you last point - I dont think I have once in all my posts said that I am happy with outing people on the Internet. In fact I havent even discussed it on this thread or any other. I was responding to a specific point made re social media influencing people. So to paraphrase you - you continue to make stuff up as you go along and convince yourself you actually have a decent argument.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Probably in the same way you are 

2 minutes ago, The New Era said:

86,000 posts CP, BP9, WW. Do they have a normal life? Do they attend Rangers games?

Most of their input conflicts with normal Rangers Fans opinions.

At the very least a new moderator is required for this site.

I actually think these guys are hired or encouraged  deliberately to stir debate .It's no bad thing but it's frustrating at times when you see some of this stuff ,it clearly upsets the mood of most of the guys that have suffered the last 4 years with what appears at best to be patronising garbage 

7 minutes ago, Bears said:

If you're right, it puts you in a much worse light.

If.

Which do you prefer?

??? Whoosh - right over my head - I'm just a simple chap ( no laughing at the back) and I have no idea what you are trying to say. 

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

You might be in here on an Internet forum but I'll bet the vast majority of fans blame DM for the mess. 

Hating Rangers is a past time for many and some wee fud spouting shite about us on the Internet will have zero effect on us, but we like them outed cos David Murray won't tweet, blog or post - so it's the next best thing. 

For me, I wouldn't give them my breath or time. 

6 minutes ago, The New Era said:

86,000 posts CP, BP9, WW. Do they have a normal life? Do they attend Rangers games?

194 posts wants to join in with the personal digs and not the argument! I don't know about the other posters but I think I joined in 2007 - were you even born then? 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I actually think these guys are hired or encouraged  deliberately to stir debate .It's no bad thing but it's frustrating at times when you see some of this stuff ,it clearly upsets the mood of most of the guys that have suffered the last 4 years with what appears at best to be patronising garbage

9 minutes ago, The New Era said:

Away with that uber fan nonsense. I suffered the last four years like everyone else on here. The fact that you have your devil and I have mine doesn't change that. 

It doesn't mean the last four years didn't hurt, it doesn't mean that administration didn't break my heart, and it sure as hell doesn't make me any less of a Rangers fan.

Cushy and I disagree, and that's just that. But some of you are just at the wind up. 

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Away with that uber fan nonsense. I suffered the last four years like everyone else on here. The fact that you have your devil and I have mine doesn't change that. 

It doesn't mean the last four years didn't hurt, it doesn't mean that administration didn't break my heart, and it sure as hell doesn't make me any less of a Rangers fan.

Cushy and I disagree, and that's just that. But some of you are just at the wind up. 

(tu)

However,  BP9 has some issues i think...

10 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

You are enjoying it puff cake ??

23 minutes ago, The New Era said:

I almost have that number all on my own!

Mainly due to my shite work life but I assure you that it's possible to maintain a normal life and attend games with high post counts ;)