Dave King Post-Match Interview & Reaction

Significant investment? 

Couple a paper banners round the stadium doesn't cut it. 

You've got £14mill minimum in ST money and you can't give a tenth of that to the manager for a decent CB, which again is glaringly obvious. 

Dissapointed in the cup final report but still banned fans anyway? Nae bother. 

I can't find too much to moan about with that interview tbh...I could moan..But I don't feel very negative today...So I will keep Positive and try not drag up the feelings of disgust I had last week as regards the lads getting banned..Onwards and Upwards Rangers..:D

So.......we are in Premiership to 'compete' and he thinks we can compete with Celtic and he wants European football at the end of this season.  He was disappointed with the result today,

MW thinks (is on record) as believing his squad can be 'more than competitive'.

Being there or thereabouts at or near the top of the league having won a European slot at the end of the season seems to be the tacit objective.   Great if somehow we can finish above Celtic and win the league.  

Well Dave maybe the Support are looking for a bit more oomph than that from the Chaiman who alluded to £30m of investment, who recognised that c£30m talent left Ibrox (and we've not replaced with that value of talent by any stretch of any imagination), and who has just seen 42k+ ST sales.      Like perhaps a line that says we'd regard it as not being good enough unless we are challenging for the title right to the wire and with a realistic chance of winning it.......and to achieve that the Board will look to acquire some additional players of a calibre that will boost the chances of achieving a title win.

I think DK - and to a degree MW - are really saying that of course we will set up to play to win the league but realistically we can't afford the sort of players that make that a much stronger possibility so its down to lets just try our best and see what happens.   Oh, and forget the references to £30m investment.   That was just a useful reference to help get control of the Club and as for replacing £30m of lost talent, well that's down to growing from the Academy or buying players with potential like JD where the payback on the investment is over a much longer period of time.     

DK needs to deliver the financial resources for MW to get a decent CB and a goal scoring CF before the transfer window closes.