Why Jordan Rossiter is fast becoming our star summer signing

The Dude

Shorts pulled up to his armpits; shirt tucked in; plain black boots, sensible haircut. Jordan Rossiter is a throwback to what footballers once looked like. The 19-year-old Scouser made another impressive appearance in light blue against Peterhead in Tuesday night's League Cup win over Peterhead, adding to an ever-growing list. Although his signing was overshadowed by those of Niko Kranjcar and Joey Barton there is a serious case for it being the best piece of business conducted by Rangers over the summer.

READ MORE: http://www.shoot.co.uk/why-jordan-rossiter-is-fast-becoming-rangers-best-summer-signing/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called it when we signed him that we could expect big things from him.   I also pickd him in my "player you hope to see a lot of"(paraprhased thread title) as my one to watch.

I think he can go on to be a huge player for us, i just am not sure we can hold on to him for any length of time.

Rumours were that liverpool were looking for about an 8m development fee from English clubs for him, so IMO that's a good starting point for any potential offers for him ( which I think will come)

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can't say I seen that tbh. Tuesday at that time I was at Ibrox. It's a fair shout though. He looks very much like an old-school footballer, a bit like Gerrard when he broke through, I don't doubt more than a few folk have noticed it. 

2 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

I'm more concerned about wether he can adapt or not.

Adapt to? I can't say, having lived in both, there's any noticeable cultural difference between Glasgow and Liverpool or that Scottish Premiership football will be a step too far for him. 

The signs that his work ethic and tackling ability already on display before Tuesday.   The two through balls he played were genuine sit up and take note moments.  The lad looks something special to me.  Sensible hair cut included  

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Adapt to? I can't say, having lived in both, there's any noticeable cultural difference between Glasgow and Liverpool or that Scottish Premiership football will be a step too far for him. 

I was making a joke about the thread that was started ages ago which ridiculously asked said question

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Can't say I seen that tbh. Tuesday at that time I was at Ibrox. It's a fair shout though. He looks very much like an old-school footballer, a bit like Gerrard when he broke through, I don't doubt more than a few folk have noticed it. 

Fuck sake, Dude! Our very own Melania Trump!

Just now, .Williamson. said:

The jury is still out on him fitting into our team 

Id go as far to say he suits our style more than Barton or Kranjcar do (at their respective ages) I'm not convinced Barton has the kegs to play alongside Kranjcar ahead of Rossiter and, tactically at least, I'd drop one of those two before pulling Rossiter out the side. 

Defensively he offers more than Barton or Halliday do in that role and I think he may have forced Warburton to rethink things a little tbh.