Neil McCann

ready1873

In a time of Advocaats big name spending he was probably a bit under the radar when we signed him , but played as big a part as any of them . As previously mentioned , piggery and Dunfermline games always spring to mind because of their importance , but there was always a bit of excitement whenever he got the ball in most games. 

He's also a rare breed of pundit that gives Rangers an honest assessment and probably the only one I take notice of. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, don logan said:

Great wee player but missed an absolute sitter in the Champions League which would have took us to the group stages and that's my abiding memory of him.

Was that not a UEFA cup tie v Dortmund ? 

3 hours ago, gmcf said:

In a time of Advocaats big name spending he was probably a bit under the radar when we signed him , but played as big a part as any of them . As previously mentioned , piggery and Dunfermline games always spring to mind because of their importance , but there was always a bit of excitement whenever he got the ball in most games. 

He's also a rare breed of pundit that gives Rangers an honest assessment and probably the only one I take notice of. 

Spot on Bud, when you compare him to the likes of stuttering sutton you wonder why they even have a say about us, never mind a full time job ....:power_of_anguish:

18 hours ago, don logan said:

Great wee player but missed an absolute sitter in the Champions League which would have took us to the group stages and that's my abiding memory of him.

Mate surely ur abiding memory is the piggery?? I wasn't there but always remember we had sky and watched it then I recorded the highlights and watched it that many times it started going wonky and jumping lol great times 

Lovely striker of the ball, he had a very short backlift when crossing the ball which gave him a great advantage as defenders never worked out when the cross would come. He was also a team player and chased back and woked his baws off for his team mates.

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

Was that not a UEFA cup tie v Dortmund ? 

45 seconds in, my fine fellow.

:( Guess that's why he's the one putting the crosses in on most occasions.

Don't give up the day job, Neil.

6 hours ago, Billythebear77 said:

I'll alway remember him scoring at the piggery when we won the league there, running behind the goal celebrating!, great wee player, who left too early IMO, Southampton I think he went to?

When he scored his second to put us out of sight and runs round the back of the goal to celebrate with us. As he passes them his bottle goes a bit. Funny as fuck ?

I didn't quite appreciate him as much as I should have back then because of the amount of quality we had. Look back at his contribution it'something else. Cant think of a better crosser I have seen since. A top bloke and Ranger.  

14 hours ago, Inigo said:

45 seconds in, my fine fellow.

:( Guess that's why he's the one putting the crosses in on most occasions.

Don't give up the day job, Neil.

Cheers mate , remember it now (tu) 

I was even there , on another frustrating European night :(