English Football

Clemdog

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What do you make of that? I’d be raging tbh if that was Rangers.

The Premier League told all clubs that they had to respect the two week break but the FA scheduled replays during the break.   Klopp is playing hardball with his stance.   

Whilst I respect him giving regular first teamers’ a break he has players coming back from injury who haven’t played for ages who need game time and could be included in a team that would be more than strong enough to progress.   

Personally I value the FA Cup and am a bit pissed off with Klopp’s approach.   If the league was close I could understand the situation more but it isn’t and Klopp has the option of selective rotation in league games to keep players fresh.   54000 at Anfield will certainly be taking it seriously. 

Will create an excellent atmosphere in the replay with 8000 Shrewsbury fans,  and the home crowd getting up for it, probably more like a European night.    Not a tourist or corporate whopper in sight. 

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

The Premier League told all clubs that they had to respect the two week break but the FA scheduled replays during the break.   Klopp is playing hardball with his stance.   

Whilst I respect him giving regular first teamers’ a break he has players coming back from injury who haven’t played for ages who need game time and could be included in a team that would be more than strong enough to progress.   

Personally I value the FA Cup and am a bit pissed off with Klopp’s approach.   If the league was close I could understand the situation more but it isn’t and Klopp has the option of selective rotation in league games to keep players fresh.   54000 at Anfield will certainly be taking it seriously. 

Will create an excellent atmosphere in the replay with 8000 Shrewsbury fans,  and the home crowd getting up for it, probably more like a European night.    Not a tourist or corporate whopper in sight. 

I completely get where Klopp is coming from. He has clearly been told to respect the break but is then asked to play the replay during the break.. shambles from the FA and a giruy from Klopp. 

7 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Cup replays are depressing.

Good for a wee club in terms of revenue but brutal for fixture congestion

I liked Linekers take on it, he said if it went to a penalty shoot out then the small teams have a 50/50 chance of going through and therefore have a chance of an even bigger team and more money in the next round.