English Football

Clemdog

28 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Burnley’s first win at Old Trafford for 57 years.

Their first win and shut out for 100 years.

Man Utd are fucking terrible for the amount it cost to build that team.

Sympathy vote how he's not been sacked yet. I hate them so loving it 

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 21:58, McEwan's Lager said:

Xhaka standing like a spare prick at a wedding playing everyone on there. Don’t think I’ve ever disliked a footballer so much in my life.

Sad thing is, he really thinks he's a great player. Huge ego, not matched by talent.

Annoys me, but Ramos is the player outside Scotland I despise.

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 22:13, STEPPS BOY said:

Chelsea are terrible..

i’ll be shocked if Lampard is still manager this time next year.

I said at the time, he should have stayed and learned his craft with Derby for another 2-3 yrs. Of course the English media fawned all over the appointment, cannot remember one brownnosed pundit saying it was too early.

Chelsea are doing fine.

He hasn't bought a single player, despite losing the best player in the squad, and has blooded a lot of youngsters. They sit fourth in the table, this time last year they were 5th (albeit with better points). Qualified for the next round of the Champions League too.

I think this time last year they also had their worst league defeat against Bournemouth since Liverpool beat them 5-1 at Anfield in the 90s.

22 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Chelsea are doing fine.

He hasn't bought a single player, despite losing the best player in the squad, and has blooded a lot of youngsters. They sit fourth in the table, this time last year they were 5th (albeit with better points). Qualified for the next round of the Champions League too.

I think this time last year they also had their worst league defeat against Bournemouth since Liverpool beat them 5-1 at Anfield in the 90s.

Not saying he is a car crash, he's been OK. Still think he took it 2-3 yrs too early.

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

Will get pelters, but tbh never rated him as a player Decent, but for me vastly overrated/hyped.

Ferdinand was class. He absolutely strolled playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world and that’s no easy feat.

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Him and Vidic in their prime were unstoppable

Him and Vidic, Carvalho and Terry and Campbell and Toure were all unreal partnerships.

You just don’t get partnerships like that in The Premiership anymore. I know everybody says this about “their generation” but the overall calibre of defenders is nowhere near as good as it was 10-15 years ago. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Him and Vidic, Carvalho and Terry and Campbell and Toure were all unreal partnerships.

You just don’t get partnerships like that in The Premiership anymore. I know everybody says this about “their generation” but the overall calibre of defenders is nowhere near as good as it was 10-15 years ago. 

Had this discussion in the Team Of The Decade thread I’m sure mate, but it’s mad how bad it is compared to then. Genuinely only Aguero/Druyne/Silva even gets close from the 10s into the 00s