Player strategy

Snakeater

Did anyone else think that with less than 24 hours to go of the transfer window that we would only have signed one centre back by now and it would have been 37 year old Clint Hill?

Im struggling to believe that Warbs and Weir couldn't have identified that as our biggest weakness within the squad?

I would have thought that would have been our biggest outlay rather than another centre forward. Regardless of whether Senderos signs or not it smacks of last minute buys which don't please me seeing as how bad we still are defensively.

I hope we manage to pull couple players on loan or something from down south and maybe that's why it's a bit quiet but it is concerning giving the closing off the window shortly.....

I honestly believed we were going to bring in a load of up and coming youngsters and a couple of more experienced stars.

Instead it has been bargain bucket signings and a bunch of washed up guys that used to be someone.

And Warburton was obsessed with midfield yet again despite the gaping hole at the back and the lack of out and out strikers at the club. 

2 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Nae center back by the end of play tonight and its warburton oot!!  :p20:

No but its going to theow up more questions than answers and who is going to answer or do we go down the DK way  we dont have to answer fuck all just get their money

50 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I honestly don't believe our current CDs are good enough and if we keep dropping points over the next couple of months I will be well pissed off and the buck will stop at MW and the board.

Why the board? They have backed the manager - he is the one who identifies the positions he thinks need strengthening

8 minutes ago, Dubaijim said:

Why the board? They have backed the manager - he is the one who identifies the positions he thinks need strengthening

MW said he wants 4 CDs and if it doesn't happen tonight then we won't know who to point the finger at as MW will play the PR game for all involved including the existing CBs.

9 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I thought it was strange when we let McGregor go, but trusted that Warbs had a plan for what he wanted at the back. I wasn't expecting Hill, and now Senderos. At this rate, we'll be bringing Davie Weir out of retirement.

Defo re DM as I thought that was his first mistake.

46 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I thought it was strange when we let McGregor go, but trusted that Warbs had a plan for what he wanted at the back. I wasn't expecting Hill, and now Senderos. At this rate, we'll be bringing Davie Weir out of retirement.

To be fair Weir is still probably better than our current crop of defenders.

For anyone who can't remember our successful years we had defenders like Gary Stevens, Richard Gough, Terry Butcher, John Brown all of these guys were better than what we have now. We built a solid defense then added the class in midfield and up front.