Lee Wallace

KeyserSoze

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I could dismantle every player but he is our club captain and is showing non of the attributes a captain needs, especially today. 

Just about every c3lt!c attack was aimed at him, a weak spot. 

He has had one and a half good seasons, things with Wallace ain't getting better anytime soon bluedoo 

I just can't hang as much blame on to Lee as IMO some others deserve it a lot more, we really didn't do ourselves justice today.

Both fullbacks failed to get as forward as much as they normally do, our midfield were iffy at best when it came to holding the ball and retaining possession, far too many loose passes. We ended up playing the ball as though it was a hot potato, none of the normal passing precision.

Personally I think Wallace has dipped his form so far this season but to be fair he was sensational last year when you consider the amount of goals and assist he had. We will see how things go but I think he is a worthy captain of our club. You may of course be right and I may be showing him a bit too much sentimentality, time will be the judge of that. :pipe:

2 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

I just can't hang as much blame on to Lee as IMO some others deserve it a lot more, we really didn't do ourselves justice today.

Both fullbacks failed to get as forward as much as they normally do, our midfield were iffy at best when it came to holding the ball and retaining possession, far too many loose passes. We ended up playing the ball as though it was a hot potato, none of the normal passing precision.

Personally I think Wallace has dipped his form so far this season but to be fair he was sensational last year when you consider the amount of goals and assist he had. We will see how things go but I think he is a worthy captain of our club. You may of course be right and I may be showing him a bit too much sentimentality, time will be the judge of that. :pipe:

I wouldn't strip him of the captaincy as he has earned it but I think he needs to be dropped. He lets opposing players carry the ball far too easily and rarely puts a foot in. There were times today when he was forcing us backwards trying to play too many passes in tight spaces. His final ball has been poor as well. 

Defensively he has always been poor both one on one and as a general defender; rarely covers his central defenders and recently has gone back to the sluggish pace  we saw two seasons ago. Now his lack of energy has taken way the only positive part of his game that we saw last season as an over lapping threat. I do not know if this is caused by injury or something else in his life.

There's a problem with him and mckay.

Last season, they attacked and interlinked for fun. This season they're like strangers. 

Don't think they've got it in them to sort it out. Whatever it is.

I'd drop mckay. And tell Wallace to get his finger out his fucking arse. 

Lee Wallace is at his best when he is constantly bombing forward and making overlapping runs.  Last season he did this regularly.

I think this year he's been told to calm it a little bit to give the centre backs a bit more support but he hasn't found that balance yet of attack and defend. I'm more concerned by Mackay's unwillingness to attack fullbacks anymore.

1 minute ago, craigyrfc11 said:

Who would you want to replace him as captain?

Anyone with a mouth would be a start. Sadly we lack a leader on the pitch and there's not anyone else that stands out.

Some might say that's an over-reaction to the game but I've posted the same months ago.

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Lee Wallace is at his best when he is constantly bombing forward and making overlapping runs.  Last season he did this regularly.

I think this year he's been told to calm it a little bit to give the centre backs a bit more support but he hasn't found that balance yet of attack and defend. I'm more concerned by Mackay's unwillingness to attack fullbacks anymore.

He also hasn't linked well this season so far with McKay which makes both look less effective.