How much time should warburton be given?

24 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Like all calls for the sack - is there someone out there who can do a better job with the same resources? 

Its easy to sack someone but is there someone better?

So if you want MB then come up with an name and why he can do better? 

This is a major thing for me.

Top proven managers cost money and want resources that we aren't likely to see invested in the club and taking a chance on an up and comer is a risk too.

Would a shortlist that is likely to be made up of of names like Neilson, McInnes & Davies really appeal to anybody?

If Warburton does end up going out, I can genuinely see McLeish getting the call.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 isn't happening this year. If we qualify for euro football, then I'm happy to see him lead the way next season. My biggest concern with that is that he will not get the backing needed to build a proper team to challenge next season. If we don't get euro football next season, then we have to wipe the slate clean and start again. Taking nothing from this season is not an option.

King said he expected first or second, I think Warburton himself said he was looking at fist, if he can't deliver second he has to go at the end of the season, if it looks like we could be struggling for top three then he has to go by Christmas.

King will also have to go if he can't get the money needed to compete.

6 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

55 isn't happening this year. If we qualify for euro football, then I'm happy to see him lead the way next season. My biggest concern with that is that he will not get the backing needed to build a proper team to challenge next season. If we don't get euro football next season, then we have to wipe the slate clean and start again. Taking nothing from this season is not an option.

fuck europe, if the papes can do that to us then i dread what a half arsed european team will do to us

21 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Did you not see Kiernan for the first goal? he jumped into midair with his back turned and eyes closed. Then his lovely pass to the celtic forward for their second. 

Off course I did but the pressure we put ourselves under was crazy, we havent protected our backpost for a few years but the past two have been a joke, the forward had a clear run to head the ball even using Say  Wee Barrie to block his run would have stopped such a free header never mind Kiernan making a half hearted attempt on the ball.

21 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Did you not see Kiernan for the first goal? he jumped into midair with his back turned and eyes closed. Then his lovely pass to the celtic forward for their second. 

Off course I did but the pressure we put ourselves under was crazy, we havent protected our backpost for a few years but the past two have been a joke, the forward had a clear run to head the ball even using Say  Wee Barrie to block his run would have stopped such a free header never mind Kiernan making a half hearted attempt on the ball.

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

fuck europe, if the papes can do that to us then i dread what a half arsed european team will do to us

I was thinking more along the lines of funds for improving for next season. Euro football will bring in some dosh. It's not like King will clear out the spare change in his car to improve the team.

Just now, 1NachoNovo said:

I was thinking more along the lines of funds for improving for next season. Euro football will bring in some dosh. It's not like King will clear out the spare change in his car to improve the team.

the europa league doesnt bring in anywhere near enough, and we'd need to hit the group stages before its guaranteed, cant see king ponying up before thats a given

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Top proven managers cost money and want resources that we aren't likely to see invested in the club and taking a chance on an up and comer is a risk too.

Would a shortlist that is likely to be made up of of names like Neilson, McInnes & Davies really appeal to anybody?

If Warburton does end up going out, I can genuinely see McLeish getting the call.

That's a good shout mate ?

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

the europa league doesnt bring in anywhere near enough, and we'd need to hit the group stages before its guaranteed, cant see king ponying up before thats a given

I know europa league doesn't bring in millions, but games in the europa league will bring in extra income in other ways. It's the only option we really have to make any extra income.We could try punting a few players, but who the fuck would buy the ones we don't want and we don't want to lose the ones we do. Investment is what we need but isn't happening, so what else can we do? 

48 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

They don't need to come in here to have a laugh.

They signed BR for £5mil

He brought in more quality.

They are in the CL with a £30 mil windfall.

They sit top of the league with a game in hand.

If the four teams below us win their game in hand we go 6th and if Thistle win their two games in hand we go 7th.

They pumped us 5-1 with ease.

They know that we are pratted and that we cannot compete with them both on and off the park.

Fuck, they're well laughing before they get anywhere near here.

Am I missing something or have all the teams not played 5 bar Celtic and Partick who are bottom on 3 pts?

6 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I know europa league doesn't bring in millions, but games in the europa league will bring in extra income in other ways. It's the only option we really have to make any extra income.We could try punting a few players, but who the fuck would buy the ones we don't want and we don't want to lose the ones we do. Investment is what we need but isn't happening, so what else can we do? 

Europa League football would attract a higher standard player you'd imagine.

He should get until the end of the season but if we don't win the title or at least go head to head for it, he should probably go.

Not winning the league shouldn't necessarily mean he is fired but if we can't be at least in the running by March, then he should go at the end of the season. If someone more experienced is available and we're trailing by 10 points or something after the New Year game, then he might need to go then.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Not for me thanks, he gave us some good times but at the death we were dire, I may ne wrong but I think we had our worst ever run of results under him.

7 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Not for me thanks, he gave us some good times but at the death we were dire, I may ne wrong but I think we had our worst ever run of results under him.

I actually agree with you. I wasn't advocating his appointment, I just think it's the most likely one if Warburton does end up leaving.

1 hour ago, MarvinAndrews said:

Europa League football would attract a higher standard player you'd imagine.

Yes, but there are no guarantees - even EPL teams are getting dumped before the group stages (West Ham this year, 2 I think last), so to bring anyone in on the promise of Europa is a long shot.

When he drops Kiernan Barton Miller and sendeross never plays again and we have holt windass crooks and garner in the team ill be quite confident going in to games. I honestly think that team would do really well. Niko seems a luxury we can't afford and barton has so far just failed but he will come good but I feel he needs a wee spell out to realise that OK the standard isn't seria A but it's certainly not as bad as he thought and he will have to dig in. 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That's a good shout mate ?

That's fucking depressing. Another king erse rimmer who would take a job and shit at any cost. If there isn't any significant investment, we can forget a title challenge for the foreseeable future. So much for going forward.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's fucking depressing. Another king erse rimmer who would take a job and shit at any cost. If there isn't any significant investment, we can forget a title challenge for the foreseeable future. So much for going forward.

I'm only reacting to a suggestion if Warburton went. Unless big investment comes in can you give me a better candidate who will take on the job. 

With regards McLeish he's got previous with regards taking on celtic with less resources 

A defeat to Aberdeen away followed by a defeat by Hearts a week later our challengers for second or third considering we don't drop points before that then he will be toast,I have very little faith left in MW TBO not to pick the same crap as before and drop points against these two in particular.