"h** scum forever" banner at the semi-final

Gaz52

Why didn't anything ever come of that? H** is a word deemed sectarian here in Scotland and they had a banner calling us "H** scum forever" 

It doesn't get more blatant than that? Yet no-one seems to have done anything about it. It doesn't offend me but whilst we're sticking the boot in to them and releasing statements, then it'd be nice to mention this and to point out how Police Scotland, the SFA and Celtic FC failed to punish their fans for being sectarian.

If we're going to do this and start firing shots, then let's do it right.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Why didn't anything ever come of that? H** is a word deemed sectarian here in Scotland and they had a banner calling us "H** scum forever" 

It doesn't get more blatant than that? Yet no-one seems to have done anything about it. It doesn't offend me but whilst we're sticking the boot in to them and releasing statements, then it'd be nice to mention this and to point out how Police Scotland, the SFA and Celtic FC failed to punish their fans for being sectarian.

If we're going to do this and start firing shots, then let's do it right.

TBH they are only trying to convince themselves and the public at large that they are not H**** and trying the reverse psychology bit. Now we know it's them and I don't understand why we just don't sing it. We own it, and I enjoyed singing it in the old days as they left the stadium with the tales between their legs. It would totally scunner them as they know who and what they are.

As for doing things right, you are bang on, but we do need a coherent joined up strategy to back at these cunts. There is plenty of ammo in the locker to kill them with, but we just don't have the will or know how. I firmly believe the Club is our best way forward  to lead in these things as they attract the widest publicity and are an institution that people will give air time to.

44 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Any chance we can just have a banner that says "know your place, fenian paedo cuntbags" and just see what happens? 

Fenian is not a prohibited word, it won't get you the jail. However, it seems that using it in an offensive manner will, such as adding bastard. Would fenian scum fall foul of the law? Is it different to H** scum? I suspect one has been tested in a court of law while the other hasn't (yet).

I suspect we need to complain and test 'H** scum' in a court of law before we can get any kind of parity.

Also, the scum box clever with banners and using acronyms, we can work out what DOB means, or KAH but I suspect it is vague enough to not fall foul of laws.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

TBH they are only trying to convince themselves and the public at large that they are not H**** and trying the reverse psychology bit. Now we know it's them and I don't understand why we just don't sing it. We own it, and I enjoyed singing it in the old days as they left the stadium with the tales between their legs. It would totally scunner them as they know who and what they are.

As for doing things right, you are bang on, but we do need a coherent joined up strategy to back at these cunts. There is plenty of ammo in the locker to kill them with, but we just don't have the will or know how. I firmly believe the Club is our best way forward  to lead in these things as they attract the widest publicity and are an institution that people will give air time to.

I agree, I cannot understand how our support has allowed them to take ownership of this word/chant. Would love to see Ibrox stand to a man/woman at the New Year game and give them a 10 minute rendition to set them right.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

We should sing it as loud as we ever sang any song from our "bad boy rep" and let them be under no illusions that,when we sing "GO HOME YA H***". We REALLY mean "GO HOME YA H***"
Absolutely no doubt these cunts will squirm with embarrassment if this was turned back on them and should be sung at every match.
Can never get my head round why these cunts were allowed to thieve this song from us.
A flyer on every seat at the next home match is where we should start.

I'm disgusted that the use of the word H** is being allowed by the police yet they're constantly cracking down on Fenian.

H** is a racist anti Anglo Saxon terminology while Fenian is a description for a republic of Irish descent which was self coined so it cannot be considered racist or offensive in any way shape or form if the person it is said to fits that description. Like saying I can't call Jeremy Corbyn a bearded Communist as the description fits.

I'm of paternal English background myself and there is an extremely strong possibility I have German background too, (possibly from German preachers during the Refrormation fleeing Catholic Bavaria, going to the Protestant Cantons of Switzerland, going to Prussia and then to England) from some information I've seen to come to the North of England as there seems to be some Germanic names in my family background and some other information seems to add up but the fact I have a name that can originate from England, Northern Ireland or Germany (Bavaria) complicates things and it is a possibility that my relatives were English followers of German / Swiss missionaries but their names make it possible they originated from that region themselves so I can't and won't accept that slur against myself as my personal history is tied to Anglo Saxon culture and I consider myself ethnically British due to my English, Scottish and Northern Irish background.

I'm pretty disgusted that my culture is being disrespected by a bunch of thugs that try to hide behind banners of hate yet continually accuse our people of being hatemongers when the hatred was imported directly from Ireland.