Warburton deluded

Smile

Mixture of under pressure and a burning desire to put things right, certainly not deluded. 

That's what makes or breaks a Rangers manager. You either crumble under the pressure or the desire you show rubs off on the players and the pressure eases a little.

It's imperative we win our next two and go out and showcase what were good at. I hope he turns it around but if this form continues I'd be surprised if he seen christmas. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The gap isn't big mate this squad should be beating every team outside the scum with ease we should be sitting joint top atm even with Saturday's horror show

Yeah and we are not, we are a poor football side. Don't lie to yourself ffs

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

That's the quote of a man feeling extreme pressure imo.

Hes now under scrutiny like never before nor will he ever likely face it again.

Let's hope he's correct 

Of course he's under pressure, he needs to go right now and have a word with Mr King, where is the investment he promised?

3 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

I feel he is playing up to the 'no one likes us' mantra to deflect a bit from discussion   on how poor we were.  The stats don't lie and whether 3-1 or 5-1 - we were well and truly beaten. 

You posted on the other thread about the board deflecting from the result and now another one here about the manager doing it? Along with a low post count you're dodgy as fuck

:ph34r:

Regarding MW's quote that it was not a 5-1 game.   Errrr - it was.   However much he and the coaching staff and the squad might like to paint it to be something less than 5-1 the record will show it was 5-1.  Was it the worst OF result for us for 16 years?  If so then its significance is more than the scoreline, it becomes a landmark loss.     That is not good enough.  As he realises full well.

Sure he may tale some solace in the ifs and buts and maybes and what ifs that happened in the game.   But that is cold comfort when measured against the stark reality of 5-1 and the even starker reality that it could have been worse.  

So he's read the papers and drank in the poisoned words.   He knows the line the media are taking and is angrily promising they will be made to eat their words.   Fighting talk it seems.   Yet again we are told things need to be put right - and now we have 'quickly' added in to the statement.    A sense of urgency at last eh.

The thing is he is still talking about basic errors being made and about not going into games on the front foot from the start and about being bolder and about better decision taking and so on.  In reality this is the same old same old message.   He clearly has the analysis.  He clearly knows what needs to be done.   The problem for MW is he is not demonstrating he is able to get the squad to deliver it.   Either they just can't do what he wants them to do well enough and often enough - which is how it appears to me.  Or he is not capable of exercising enough command authority over a squad to get them into the way the need to play.   Or a mix of both.    The result is games where the message is the same game after game but insufficient evidence of material improvement measured by winning games.    Playing exhibition football in friendly games is one thing, as is playing that sort of stuff against lower division teams in the league cup.    Its a very different matter when it comes to getting 3 points in a league game - as he has found out already this season  

He's right when he says it needs to be turned round quickly.   If its not, then self imposed pressure combined with external pressure from the Support and - yes - the media too, may hasten the need for the Club to do things differently to achieve whatever it is that King would regard as success this season (presumably - and based on his relatively recent statements - at least a European place.   That in itself is a low target for the tradition of Rangers even if King and MW want to ultimately try to define this season as a transitional one  

His remarks about media comments should make for a lively press conference for the next few games.   No more Mr Diplomatic Nice Guy perhaps?   .

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah and we are not, we are a poor football side. Don't lie to yourself ffs

I don't think were poor I just don't think we have hit form yet when we do we will be fine. Get a run going build the confidence and go from there. Saturday was a massive wake up call.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

I don't think were poor I just don't think we have hit form yet when we do we will be fine. Get a run going build the confidence and go from there. Saturday was a massive wake up call.

Wit :lol:

Cup final was a wake up call

Hamilton was a wake up call

Killie was a wake up call

How many wake up calls you think we need ffs

Just now, The Godfather said:

taigs are 7clear come the next old firm game and we beat them are we back in with a chance of the title?

alot of people are writing us off way to early on the basis of Saturday fact is if we had started this season like the taigs have we'd be joint top. Cause we've started slowly we are pish and Warburton might never recover etc..

I expect a reaction on Saturday and our season must start then

taigs are 7clear come the next old firm game and we beat them are we back in with a chance of the title?

alot of people are writing us off way to early on the basis of Saturday fact is if we had started this season like the taigs have we'd be joint top. Cause we've started slowly we are pish and Warburton might never recover etc..

I expect a reaction on Saturday and our season must start then

Fact is we ain't.

Fact is we have played utter shite since the season kicked off and have dropped points to 2 of the shittest teams I. The league while getting skelped by our rivals. 

You are deluded if you think we are winning the title ffs, I don't even know what to say after reading that mince above.

I think Warburton needs our support now more than ever. It's clear he and the team have never experienced this kind of pressure and are unlikely to ever experience it anywhere else. A full backing is required for Saturday to show that we have faith in the manager. 

15 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

we just keep hitting the snooze button, but we need to wake up or we will be out of contention before we know it. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Fact is we ain't.

Fact is we have played utter shite since the season kicked off and have dropped points to 2 of the shittest teams I. The league while getting skelped by our rivals. 

You are deluded if you think we are winning the title ffs, I don't even know what to say after reading that mince above.

I didn't say I think well win it but i think your writing off the squad to early. This pish team you speak about would be joint top if we had constancy. What then we still pish etc.

our season now starts this weekend find a constancy and we will be ok. We are easily 2nd best in this league

I didn't say I think well win it but i think your writing off the squad to early. This pish team you speak about would be joint top if we had constancy. What then we still pish etc.

our season now starts this weekend find a constancy and we will be ok. We are easily 2nd best in this league

But we aren't joint top lol 

You can't just keep spouting that because it's not what has happened, we have dropped points to two shite teams and lost to the team that is top. It's been a horrific start to the season. 

I also see no reason to feel optimistic because we are playing rank rotten football and have been since the cup semi last season. 

7 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I think Warburton needs our support now more than ever. It's clear he and the team have never experienced this kind of pressure and are unlikely to ever experience it anywhere else. A full backing is required for Saturday to show that we have faith in the manager. 

Exactly mate, hopefully a packed Ibrox on Saturday along with a good response from the players.

I'm well excited to get back to Ibrox and support them, I don't know why but it feels like it's been months since I last seen us play.:lol:

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Warburton has also insisted his players will be fired up by the extreme level of criticism he feels they have received from sections of the media since Saturday, saying: “I’ve read some of the comments. I told the players that I was warned not to read the papers, but I thought no, I will read the papers, and you see some of the poisonous, mischievous dialogue that is written, and that just burns in your memory and that is something we will use.

"We need to turn it round and we will turn it around quickly, and while I won’t use the exact words I used with the players, we will make sure the people who are writing what they are writing right now come to eat those words."

Full interview on RTV with the basics covered on the official site. MW also believes we didn't deserve to lose 5-1.
http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/mark-wasnt-5-1-game/

Not deluded at all. Excellent interview. Glad he's sounding pissed off for once. 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Exactly mate, hopefully a packed Ibrox on tuesday along with a good response from the players.

I'm well excited to get back to Ibrox and support them, I don't know why but it feels like it's been months since I last seen us play.:lol:

Same mate. Just posted in the match thread. Really looking forward to it (tu)