Halliday Captain

Perth_Campsie_Ger

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

A solid performance against a lower league team is enough to get him a place ahead of our captain in one of the toughest games of the season?

Mental talk

I love him, but Wallace has looked very poor in every game so far for me, lower calibre of team or not. 

Against East Stirling, Stranraer, Killie (likely relegation candidates?) and Hamilton (not exactly an incredible side)

Qots are sitting top of the championship even though yes, admittedly it's really early doors still. 

Not that mental to consider dropping him on his poor performances so far.

I don't expect it to happen, I just think it should. Maybe a shame the next game is Aberdeen, if it was someone like Partick then it'd be an easier decision. 

I think the Wallace from Saturday there is a horrible thought against the sheep, that's all.

6 minutes ago, burnbank bear said:

Fuck Barton !! As I've says from the start .. he was a prick before he came , a prick when here and a prick when he goes but most of yous can't see it ? Only a few on here agree with me 

Exactly! Thread after thread on here about how great a guy Barton, literally every second thread. 

:rolleyes::lol: 

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I love him, but Wallace has looked very poor in every game so far for me, lower calibre of team or not. 

Against East Stirling, Stranraer, Killie (likely relegation candidates?) and Hamilton (not exactly an incredible side)

Qots are sitting top of the championship even though yes, admittedly it's really early doors still. 

Not that mental to consider dropping him on his poor performances so far.

I don't expect it to happen, I just think it should. Maybe a shame the next game is Aberdeen, if it was someone like Partick then it'd be an easier decision. 

I think the Wallace from Saturday there is a horrible thought against the sheep, that's all.

I think Wallace needs a rest for a few weeks

1 hour ago, BEE said:

What other player would you suggest and why?

We've moved on from that, keep up.

Wilson bolted from rangers at the first hint of dosh. He is also extremely unreliable against better teams. So no not him. I have a higher opinion of halliday than you and have no problem with him having it.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Wilson bolted from rangers at the first hint of dosh. He is also extremely unreliable against better teams. So no not him. I have a higher opinion of halliday than you and have no problem with him having it.

Wilson is a better player than he's shown recently IMO but I can see where you're coming from.

The season Hearts went down (points deduction and basically a youth team) and the season they went back up he was an absolute revelation.

I don't think what Halliday has done over his career can be compared, same with Tav.

On 20/09/2016 at 11:09 PM, King Jela said:

One captain, one fucking game against a 2nd tier side ffs :lol: He was decent though. 

I'd rather Rossiter, Windass and Holt were our midfield 3 and I think they will be when they're all fit. 

I should have put potential, granted.

It's great to have the optionsame, I keep on forgetting we actually have Rossiter as our players and not a loanee.

4 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

The seasons barely started so any rest I hope will be to an existing injury 

I agree, but imho, he's hardly had any time off. The guy has given more than his call of duty. Last season he played almost every game.  A few weeks off and then he was into tours and pre-match season Photo sessions etc. Just think the guy needs a couple of games to rest, go somewhere sunny and relax with his family. When he comes back there'll be a new freshness to his play. Plus he's on my list for the Hogmanay game..... :)