We played well ...Aberdeen are shite but

K.A.I

54 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

We're just not good enough. 

That Aberdeen side were terrible yesterday yet we couldn't break them down barring the penalty. 

We'll struggle to finish top 4 unless major changes are made. 

That's the thing that Aberdeen team looked poor as fuck, i actually thought they would be a lot better. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Under McCoist it was "we still won even tho we were pish"

Now it's "we lost but at least it wasn't our worse performance ever, plus we beat the tims on penalties months ago"

The fans acceptance of this dross is giving me the boak

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I had no real problem with the team picked on Saturday other than McKays inclusion.

I think MW will stick with this team or roughly it,  for at least the next 4 games against Partick, ICT, St Johnstone and Killie. 3 of them other than ICT are at home and MW will be thinking that we could - disasters aside,better finishing, and less injuries - pick up 12 points. 

We are then into November and its Ross County, Dundee and Partick. Again very winnable.

Into December and the first 2 ties are Aberdeen and Hearts at Ibrox. I am hoping against hope that by this time favorable results in October and November have us in good form and looking at beating both these teams - Aberdeen are certainly nothing to fear at Ibrox. Thats a lot of points to be picked up   - especially on October/November.

Its these games now that will determine our season. Lets see how the picture looks come 10th December.

(tu)

Agree re McKay , but you could also add Windass , Crooks and , hopefully , Rossiter  and we have options to tinker with the team . I agree they are all winnable , or at least the basis to build up momentum to when the ' bigger ' games come round again . 

The thistle game on Saturday is important though to see the reaction we'll get , I'm sure we'll get it right . 

2 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I often wonder if Walter and him have had a chat? If so Wattie must have asked him about the defence and how more often than not we don't translate our possesion into goals

I don't think Walter's that bothered tbh. It's not his problem/mess.

8 minutes ago, LeeWallace5 said:

We were utter shite, apart from the goal we hardly had a chance

Garner header from 6 yards.

Garner fresh air shot for 6 yards.

Holt skied shot, under no pressure from 14 yards.

Waghorn skied over the bar from 2 yards.

McKay had a couple of shots where he should have done better, one in particular he could have another touch or two before shooting.

Tav free kick.

How many chances do you want to win a game in Aberdeen FFS.

1 hour ago, OceanRain said:

We should have gone into the break 3-0 up. Aberdeen were terrible yesterday and we could have humiliated them and their support in their own back garden. Instead, Aberdeen took their chances and we squandered ours. Poor finishing from Garner and Waghorn cost us dearly. Even after the penalty I just felt we were going to blow it. That's my mindset when watching us play these days. Warburton seemed to be clueless about the rivalry between the teams and the support which is baffling.

Not good enough. By a long, long way. 

Even after the penalty I just felt we were going to blow it. That's my mindset when watching us play these days.

Pretty much feel the same. 

24 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I had no real problem with the team picked on Saturday other than McKays inclusion.

Its these games now that will determine our season. Lets see how the picture looks come 10th December.

Do you feel that McKay's inclusion was more of a problem than Waghorn's on the other side?

If things continue in this way, what judgement would you imagine making in December?

15 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Garner header from 6 yards.

Garner fresh air shot for 6 yards.

Holt skied shot, under no pressure from 14 yards.

Waghorn skied over the bar from 2 yards.

McKay had a couple of shots where he should have done better, one in particular he could have another touch or two before shooting.

Tav free kick.

How many chances do you want to win a game in Aberdeen FFS.

We do insist the players try and shoot every now and then rather than walk it in but my god our long range shots have been awfull , most of them end up about 5 yards over the bar and not even working the keeper 

Just now, Hilly86 said:

Do you feel that McKay's inclusion was more of a problem than Waghorn's on the other side?

If things continue in this way, what judgement would you imagine making in December?

Waghorn has been out with injury - and then scored a hattrick in his last game. There was no way he was being left out and deserved a starting chance. I think he still needs match fitness.  McKay has had more than enough starts this season and has done the sum total of zero. He has had his chance so far this season and has done nothing to deserve his inclusion in those games.

Thats the difference between the two for me.

If things pick up and we start winning the games we should be winning and the general play improves then the points and league situation will look radically different that it does now. My judgment will be "we are on the right track". If we continue to fail and continue playing the same people  in the same system obviously my judgement will be different.

Its a results driven business.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Waghorn has been out with injury - and then scored a hattrick in his last game. There was no way he was being left out and deserved a starting chance. I think he still needs match fitness.  McKay has had more than enough starts this season and has done the sum total of zero. He has had his chance so far this season and has done nothing to deserve his inclusion in those games.

Thats the difference between the two for me.

I was thinking more about Waghorn being played on the right of the front three, rather than the centre where he scored that hattrick.

As much as McKay has been poor (but no worse than most of his teammates), playing on the left does him no favours. Yet he still looks more comfortable than Waghorn trying to pretend to be anything other than a centre forward.

3 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

I was thinking more about Waghorn being played on the right of the front three, rather than the centre where he scored that hattrick.

As much as McKay has been poor (but no worse than most of his teammates), playing on the left does him no favours. Yet he still looks more comfortable than Waghorn trying to pretend to be anything other than a centre forward.

McKay has always been a winger - and all I have seen of Waghorn shows he is more comfortable coming in off the right. When he is played through the middle he tends to be ineffectual. Thats certainly what we seen last year when MW started him in the middle - he was invariably pushed right and then started having an impact.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

McKay has always been a winger - and all I have seen of Waghorn shows he is more comfortable coming in off the right. When he is played through the middle he tends to be ineffectual. Thats certainly what we seen last year when MW started him in the middle - he was invariably pushed right and then started having an impact.

Mckay as a right-winger, where he wouldn't have to constantly stop and bring everything to a walking pace, would be a different thing.

We'll need to agree to disagree about Waghorn looking comfortable out there. He's not quick or skilful enough for me but built for the central role. Ineffectiveness at centre forward is more a symptom of the way we play than any given player, I feel.

I have come to the conclusion that most of our support know nothing about modern football. We are stuck in the dark ages, along with rest of the country. All this talk about getting stuck in and not shitting out of tackles. I mean ffs, this is 2016, football has changed. Warburton knows this and he is adapting a style that is looking to the future. Look at Barcelona and Munich play, they don't get " stuck in" risking injury and leaving loads of space to be exploited, they just make sure the man who has the ball on the other team is shut down quickly so as no space is then allowed. This way you get the ball back quickly and start the attack again. Young Barrie would be better off playing at a higher level where he would be appreciated for the talented player he undoubtedly is instead of Neanderthals screaming at him to dive in with a tackle. One look at just how shit Scottish teams are in Europe tells you all you need to know about the game here. It's a laughing stock in Scotland because other teams know the shit style we play. Warburton is trying to get a team that plays to a higher , more European level; this takes time . 

4 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I have come to the conclusion that most of our support know nothing about modern football. We are stuck in the dark ages, along with rest of the country. All this talk about getting stuck in and not shitting out of tackles. I mean ffs, this is 2016, football has changed. Warburton knows this and he is adapting a style that is looking to the future. Look at Barcelona and Munich play, they don't get " stuck in" risking injury and leaving loads of space to be exploited, they just make sure the man who has the ball on the other team is shut down quickly so as no space is then allowed. This way you get the ball back quickly and start the attack again.

We don't get "stuck in" either, and have perfected the ability to leave lots of space to be exploited anyway. And of all of our faults, some a consequence of trying to be more "modern", I agree, shutting down opposition players is one of the worst. We're awful at it.

1 minute ago, Hilly86 said:

We don't get "stuck in" either, and have perfected the ability to leave lots of space to be exploited anyway. And of all of our faults, some a consequence of trying to be more "modern", I agree, shutting down opposition players is one of the worst. We're awful at it.

1 minute ago, Hilly86 said:

We def have to work on that more. The thing is, it's not rocket science. Basically, close down on the opposition when they have the ball, then move into spaces when we have the ball. It's so simple. 

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I get the feeling that Mackay must stop at the side of a road and wait for Wallace to take him by the hand before he crosses it , he relies on him that much 

:D

Wonder if they ever make it successfully to the other side?

24 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I have come to the conclusion that most of our support know nothing about modern football. We are stuck in the dark ages, along with rest of the country. All this talk about getting stuck in and not shitting out of tackles. I mean ffs, this is 2016, football has changed. Warburton knows this and he is adapting a style that is looking to the future. Look at Barcelona and Munich play, they don't get " stuck in" risking injury and leaving loads of space to be exploited, they just make sure the man who has the ball on the other team is shut down quickly so as no space is then allowed. This way you get the ball back quickly and start the attack again. Young Barrie would be better off playing at a higher level where he would be appreciated for the talented player he undoubtedly is instead of Neanderthals screaming at him to dive in with a tackle. One look at just how shit Scottish teams are in Europe tells you all you need to know about the game here. It's a laughing stock in Scotland because other teams know the shit style we play. Warburton is trying to get a team that plays to a higher , more European level; this takes time . 

I have come to the conclusion you know nothing about what you're talking about.

Barrie McKay playing at a higher level?

Using Man City and Bayern Munich as examples of not getting stuck in despite them being 2 of the strongest, most physical teams that play fantastic football.

Scottish teams are a laughing stock in Europe and here's a wee newsflash for you, we can't even beat these rotten teams that are rubbish in Europe. What does that say about us?

A few folk have commented that we played well but our formation and tactics let us down - not the ethos itself. We can't score and we can't defend. This is Warburton's responsibility which he's failing at and nothing to do with laying down foundations for years to come.

33 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I've came to the conclusion that you're a fucking weapon.

29 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

1. In Scottish football if a team can't/ won't tackle, they will win nothing. 

2. Barrie mckay has ability but so do umpteen young Scottish players who fail to impress when it counts.

3. Why the fuck would we want a team playing to a higher more European level when we can't win enough games in Scottish football to get into Europe?

Nothing wrong with trying to get us to play a better style of football but the dirty graft still needs done in Scotland. And not enough of our players are doing it.

4 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Presumably this system worked in the superior English Championship, when Brentford nearly got promoted?

Maybe he had a bunch of guys who understood how to play it & were capable of doing so.

Anyway, Boro destroyed them in the play-offs, before being humbled in turn by Norwich, so it obviously wasn't perfect even back then.