Unlucky or Unworthy ???

Nieto11878

We bossed that game and I don't care what anyone says.

They are fucking murder, looked so panicked and devoid of any class on the ball. Besides one or two warning signs (that cross along the 6 yard line, McLean's shot from 30 yards) we actually looked like we were wizening up a bit in the first half - we won every single individual battle. Clear who the better football team is and despite the result I have every confidence we can finish above them. 

Same old problems though. In defence of Warburton, a lot of Bears tend to (bizarrely) criticise our style of football under Walter - say what you like, our 3 in a row team would have slapped them fucking silly - 3-0 half time, any score full time. This team is absolutely toothless up front. We created more in that first half than we have all season. Garner missed two clear cuts. Waghorn was brutal off the right, and to no ones surprise showed no composure when he had a sitter.   McKay was murder again. Combine that with the fact that we basically beat ourselves again and it's even more frustrating than the old firm result for me - forget the free kick, that first goal is just inexcusable. 

Maybe im delusional. But we look much better with Wilson and Hill at the back, and are still just a lethal edge away from being a good side. But to me, that's just as unacceptable as being genuinely fucking shite - because it's been clear that we're a lethal edge away from being a good side since April 17th.

We royally fucked it this summer, and we'll pay the price.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

With respect PB I disagree with your first sentence. We've fallen behind in 5 of our 7 league games this season. Teams get inspired and are more able to keep their shape because they have something to cling on to 

if we keep the back door shut and take the lead in games we can go on a run. 

That's why we need the 1st goal, scoring 1st changes the whole dynamics of the game, we need to start the games with intensity and pace, score 1st then the opposition are forced into changing their game plan which is right up our street.

But as you say we keep conceeding 1st which allows teams to sit in and ultimately prove difficult to break down.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Exactly.

We are neither direct enough nor quick enough. I'd be quite happy as an opponent to sit back and watch the game of ping pong in front of me. They just sit in and wait for us to misplace a pass as we inevitably do and break forward to take advantage of our very well known weakness in defence, like a hot knife through butter.

Exactly. 2nd goal in OF game. Await the inevitable bad pass. Hit fast on the break. Score goal. 

I must have been watching a different game, i don't think we bossed anything. How many shots did we have on target? Our passing was poor, crossing to nice empty spaces, some nice cross the field passes but getting nowhere fast, some of the worst performances from Garner, Mackay, Tav that I've seen, Halliday was nowhere as near effective as he was last tuesday, Waggy was lost out on the right side, don't think we bossed anything.

Difficult one tbh. Warburton was right to bring in experienced players, and let's face it, we were all happy with who he got. Unfortunately, they are too slow for the game here. Personally, would rather we looked for younger players. I think he has realised it was an error, and we will have to see how things go from here. Hopefully it all starts to click on Saturday and we kick on from there.

Maybe we need to sit back during games let the opposition have the ball at times and counter attack them make them come onto us and if compact in our own half  wait for them to make mistakes it's the opposite of our possession football but we need to adapt the system it's called tactics . It just seems all our opponents are doing this to us ?  

16 minutes ago, dalton said:

Maybe we need to sit back during games let the opposition have the ball at times and counter attack them make them come onto us and if compact in our own half  wait for them to make mistakes it's the opposite of our possession football but we need to adapt the system it's called tactics . It just seems all our opponents are doing this to us ?  

I agree but maybe if we sat back, they'd still sit back, that would be interesting. 

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I agree but maybe if we sat back, they'd still sit back, that would be interesting. 

It may be more effective in away games it would be harder In home games  with the priority to attack and pressure not to sit back during  would take over

Where we fall down  is not being able to adapt changing systems to change games to suit if all is not going right . 

The fact of the matter is the whole setup is not working from the defence to the forwards, we are not scoring enough goals and giving away cheap goals almost every game, a mid table team by any standards, the manager has to go and will go very soon, this season is over despite all the shite posted on here. Defending bad formations, lineups, picking favourites, not accepting the fact that we are a mid table team, talking about Europe next season, give it a bye for fuck sake.

It's not bad luck. Not with so many games going to draws or losses. At the moment we are not worthy. OK I know it's not a nice to hear, it's not a nice thing to see our team fail to put teams away, but the fact remains that we are allowing inferior teams to take points off us.

I just hope that we can pick up three points against the jaggy mob this weekend.

On 27/09/2016 at 1:14 PM, Vanoli said:

We bossed that game and I don't care what anyone says.

They are fucking murder, looked so panicked and devoid of any class on the ball. Besides one or two warning signs (that cross along the 6 yard line, McLean's shot from 30 yards) we actually looked like we were wizening up a bit in the first half - we won every single individual battle. Clear who the better football team is and despite the result I have every confidence we can finish above them. 

Same old problems though. In defence of Warburton, a lot of Bears tend to (bizarrely) criticise our style of football under Walter - say what you like, our 3 in a row team would have slapped them fucking silly - 3-0 half time, any score full time. This team is absolutely toothless up front. We created more in that first half than we have all season. Garner missed two clear cuts. Waghorn was brutal off the right, and to no ones surprise showed no composure when he had a sitter.   McKay was murder again. Combine that with the fact that we basically beat ourselves again and it's even more frustrating than the old firm result for me - forget the free kick, that first goal is just inexcusable. 

Maybe im delusional. But we look much better with Wilson and Hill at the back, and are still just a lethal edge away from being a good side. But to me, that's just as unacceptable as being genuinely fucking shite - because it's been clear that we're a lethal edge away from being a good side since April 17th.

We royally fucked it this summer, and we'll pay the price.

Agree with almost all of this. 

20 hours ago, dalton said:

We can't defend though. That's why we try keep the ball. Haha. 

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

If the scum's performance tonight is an indicator of what is to come and to expect in the LC semi, we will be needing plenty of luck.

The are light years ahead. Oh wait a minute Man City are shite right?

I think Man city fell into the same trap that Warburton fell into, believing their own shite, Advocatt fell into the same trap with an even better organised side until he got clever, the big question is can Warburton get clever with a poor squad and predictable tactics, no chance, he has surrounded himself with under achieving players and promoting them as saviours at the expense of Barton, it's only heading one way, south. I think we are fucked for a good few seasons and even then that's if someone with money comes to the rescue.

Predicting failure is so much easier than predicting success. 

I predict that we will hammer Thistle this weekend and go on a run that sees us beating the Scum in the Semi, beating them in Hogmanay at a rocking Ibrox and putting us back in contention for the title

now, with that prediction I will get "I'll have whatever you're on" or "get your head out of the sand" 

but someone who says "we are fucked for years" is seen as a wise sage. 

So it has always been in Scotland.  We're DOOMED  

33 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Predicting failure is so much easier than predicting success. 

I predict that we will hammer Thistle this weekend and go on a run that sees us beating the Scum in the Semi, beating them in Hogmanay at a rocking Ibrox and putting us back in contention for the title

now, with that prediction I will get "I'll have whatever you're on" or "get your head out of the sand" 

but someone who says "we are fucked for years" is seen as a wise sage. 

So it has always been in Scotland.  We're DOOMED  

You don't need to be a wise sage, the evidence is plain to see both on the park and in the boardroom and the politics surrounding a man for daring to tell the truth to a  under achieving and inexperienced manager, who is as delusional as your views that have no evidence to back them other than blind faith, sorry for being a pessimist but the stats don't lie and also insulting every bodies intelligence making Halliday captain, teachers pet nonsense.

Unworthy at the moment. Our biggest rivals are drawing with some of the best teams in the world in the champions league and were getting beat off Aberdeen and drawing with once totally irrelevant teams that had 3 points in flashing lights above their names.

Its a work in progress i know but with little input from the board in terms of communications to the fans and what the future plans are, alot of people are losing faith, rapidly.