Another Rangers boozer gone

eskbankloyal

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Did the Sou'Wester give any of its profits to the club? Is the event being discussed on the Louden thread not exactly the sort of thing which would help a struggling Rangers pub survive?

Again completely ignoring the point

Owning a Pub, never mind a Rangers based one such as The Louden, is one of the toughest businesses to just keep your head above water, let alone make a modest profit.

The Louden (Or any Rangers related Pub, and any other genuine Rangers related business for that matter) should be commended for it's forward thinking and enterprising approach to all things related to The Rangers. This should not be criticised too harshly, as it benefits our fans by giving them a place to congregate relatively safely pre and post match. In this austere financial climate with Rangers Pubs shutting right left and centre It is very important that we have a "local" within the Ibrox vicinity that is a recognised Ranger's landmark on match days.

People will always be looking for a place to have a few before and after Rangers games and The Louden is the more prominent due to it being officially connected to The Club, and should therefore be supported by us in it's attempts to stay open, and this invite to the City fans is to be applauded, as it helps to spread the word to promote to other supporters what we are about in a positive manner.

This cannot be underestimated in these times of anti Rangers press coverage in our own country with the spreading lies about our Club and in particular our support.

We may not all get along on social media boards, but should all stand together when genuine enterprise is shown (in this case for sure) that promotes the good and best side of our support, our hospitality, and if this idea is a success, we all share in the knowledge that the City fans will go away with positive feelings about our great Club and our support.

That and scudding the scum should send them home contented ...... :cheers:

:uk:

PS:- It would also be nice if some form of promoting of young Joshua Adair's life threatening condition was highlighted in some form to the City fans, as I believe he is from the Manchester area and a little help from the City fans might just boost his fund that would see him having a good chance of receiving the funds needed for his life giving operation, any help will help ..... (tu) 

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Again completely ignoring the point

Not really. This is a thread full of Bears bemoaning the loss of yet another Rangers pub, and asking what they can do about it. Directly below is a thread where a handful of Bears are slagging a Rangers pub for opening up some new revenue streams and promoting them on a Rangers forum. Which point am I ignoring?

You mention that you are lumping in Rangers pubs with the likes of Lionbrand. Perhaps you need to seperate the two things as they are clearly completely different. Rangers pubs are an absolutely integral part of the club's culture, always have been, always will be. Independent clothing labels are clearly not.

32 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Not really. This is a thread full of Bears bemoaning the loss of yet another Rangers pub, and asking what they can do about it. Directly below is a thread where a handful of Bears are slagging a Rangers pub for opening up some new revenue streams and promoting them on a Rangers forum. Which point am I ignoring?

You mention that you are lumping in Rangers pubs with the likes of Lionbrand. Perhaps you need to seperate the two things as they are clearly completely different. Rangers pubs are an absolutely integral part of the club's culture, always have been, always will be. Independent clothing labels are clearly not.

You're missing the point that very few if any appear to be slagging off the idea. Several question the relevance to bears den. Valid. 

The Louden can be considered a Rangers pub and part of Rangers culture. However it is a private business and not too long ago could be argued to be competing with the club when we had the wee bar open at the Copland/ Sandy Jardine corner.

Ultimately it exists by creating profit by selling goods or services to bears. Minimal if any profits redirected to the club. You could say now it's offering something the club don't so not in direct competition to the club. The guys that run it are likely bears. Could be talking about Louden or Lionbrand eh?

I don't think anyone has hoped it failed and I certainly don't. 

I do question the free advertising a private business gets weekly in the main forum but as I've said gogzy has addressed that.

My last on the matter other than good luck to TLT and city tonight.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You're missing the point that very few if any appear to be slagging off the idea. Several question the relevance to bears den. Valid. 

The Louden can be considered a Rangers pub and part of Rangers culture. However it is a private business and not too long ago could be argued to be competing with the club when we had the wee bar open at the Copland/ Sandy Jardine corner.

Ultimately it exists by creating profit by selling goods or services to bears. Minimal if any profits redirected to the club. You could say now it's offering something the club don't so not in direct competition to the club. The guys that run it are likely bears. Could be talking about Louden or Lionbrand eh?

I don't think anyone has hoped it failed and I certainly don't. 

I do question the free advertising a private business gets weekly in the main forum but as I've said gogzy has addressed that.

My last on the matter other than good luck to TLT and city tonight.

:cheers:

Well said mate 

:uk:

3 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Meanwhile . . . in the gallowgate and surrounding area rhepublican slop houses thrive ! :sherlock:

Surely you don't mean "Gallowgate Transformational Regeneration Area" funded by millions of pounds of public money donated by the GHA, GCC and SNP Government.

3 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Surely you don't mean "Gallowgate Transformational Regeneration Area" funded by millions of pounds of public money donated by the GHA, GCC and SNP Government.

You got it in one bud ! ??And while we are at it have a butchers at this assassination of the PUL community !

https://athousandflowers.net/2015/09/15/far-right-extremists-open-community-hub-in-glasgows-east-end/:sherlock:

1 hour ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Years since I've been down there but Bairds bar is gone, not all bad ?

Although it wouldn't suprise me if other shit holes sprung up.

Yup other shit holes do spring up, the bairds mhob have flitted into the Sara Heid apparently !:sherlock:

1 minute ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

You got it in one bud ! ??And while we are at it have a butchers at this assassination of the PUL community !

https://athousandflowers.net/2015/09/15/far-right-extremists-open-community-hub-in-glasgows-east-end/:sherlock:

And this is after they rebuilt the Gorbals

Whats next ? The Carlton ? 

Probably not as that means they would have to spend money on Bridgeton 

All the areas in Glasgow that need funding and it just all seems to be going one way and one area 

This whole City is corrupt but no one gives a fuck