Another Rangers boozer gone

eskbankloyal

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/10/2016 at 5:13 PM, mrmojorisin said:

Shuggy Burns....now there is a blast from the past.....does anyone remember the mad woman with a purple coat who stood in the West Enclosure every home game cheering him on? 

Mmooooan shugaaaay

Could have been his mother lol 

Doesn't said Shuggie Burns run a boozer in Prestwick, called (funnily enough) 'Burns Bar' or some such?

On 10/10/2016 at 4:22 PM, Gaffbear said:

Take a look at the Dalmarnock Inn. ..my mate has reopened it and it's a bears boozer ...from Rangers karaoke to Hugh burns and Alex Rae doing a Q and A after taigs game on the 23rd 

Did you omit the mention of CH on purpose:

14572165_517583378434394_371311366605850

https://www.facebook.com/Dalmarnock.Inn.Glasgow/photos/a.515597905299608.1073741828.514044472121618/517583378434394/?type=3&theater

:rolleyes:

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:36 PM, Virtuoso said:

Gorbals housing didn't buy it. It's still on the market for sale.

There was a rumour that someone else could take it over but didn't think it was true.

But You hear so much that you don't know what's true. I was close with Annmarie

and she did not know it was going up for sale. Who would buy it when the housing

are going to demolish it? Where is it up for sale? Got a link?

42 minutes ago, mchammer said:

There was a rumour that someone else could take it over but didn't think it was true.

But You hear so much that you don't know what's true. I was close with Annmarie

and she did not know it was going up for sale. Who would buy it when the housing

are going to demolish it? Where is it up for sale? Got a link?

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/established-public-house-in-glasgow-city-centre-for-sale.aspx 

On 10/10/2016 at 5:31 PM, KWBear said:

lifestyle changes are taking hold too though. More people these days are focused on instagramming their avocado and brown toast brunch then hitting the gym to get ripped than they are on going out boozing. The ONS released some amazing stats earlier this year about the number of 18-25 year olds who these days simply are not drinking. 

Even dry stag dos are becoming a thing, which is obviously fucking weird, but its indicative of the move towards a more health conscious society which is unquestionably driven by the prevalence of social media. Younger folk are more self conscious these days and with the exposure that a photo can get online there is definitely motivation for this age group to stay in good nick, and to flaunt it. 

was in glasgow earlier this year taking in a game (a rare occasion), and couldnt believe how dead the pubs around town were - the whole weekend. i used to work in the trade when i was younger and living in glasgow and it was always absolutely bouncing and was a definite party town. from what i hear from mates who still run boozers in glasgow and from friends who still live there, its anything but. 

15 years ago you wouldnt have a queue of 20 year olds waiting to get into to a cafe in woodlands for 11am brunch as most folk would still be in their bed burst from the night before. different story these days. next time youre in a pub take a look around at the average age of the punters - guaranteed it will be over 35. 

Your bang on mate, the above factors are so very true. More health conscious eh? If only I had been furnished with this information years ago I may not have ended up the alcoholic wreck that Iam today lol ha :pipe:

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:38 PM, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

That was posted some years ago, can tell by the furnishings which are long gone,  when he did try to sell it but never got any takers.

Think the agency just kept refreshing the page.

On 09/10/2016 at 6:35 AM, fox121 said:

The Sou was a good no nonsense Glasgow pub. Sadly apart from match days it didn't get much costume. It will be sorely missed. That are is becoming a grave yard for rangers pubs 

Did folk have to go in in normal clothes on non-match days?