Another Rangers boozer gone

eskbankloyal

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Call me dramatic if you want

But I grew up in a time where Rangers dominated everything, all my pals were bears.. Except the odd couple who were the wee weirdos of the group. The big walk was the best day of the year. We didn't tolerate nor sympathise with the IRA 

Glasgow in particular has changed so much that it's becoming unbearable, you're a racist if you support the union, IRA marches pass without conflict. George Square is a meeting point for the left wing anti-protestants, anti-unionist bastards who preach utter nonsense and hatred.

We now see petitions with about 100k signatures to ban the orange walk in Glasgow. 

They're trying to kill Rangers off whilst we're down, the mhedia, the wee man-cub Sturgeon, Swinney the cross-dresser who wants to control every family in Scotland and Police Scotland who can arrest a single Hibs fan out of thousands who caused disorder but out of the hundreds of Rangers fans who defended our corner, many are already serving sentences behind bars. 

This country is fucked and the longer we're away from the top the more power they have over us it feels like. 

Its not even just tarriers, it's Hearts fans, Partick Thistle fans, Raith Rovers fans, Motherwell fans... They all want us gone

Superb post?

The way i see it aswell.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had been on the market a while. When I was working there and earning good money I was looking at property to put my savings into and I got a prospectus on it through the door. They wanted 130k for it freehold, including building and contents etc. No idea if that's good or bad, but my gut told me that's an awful lot for a pub in this day and age where in reality it's only really busy on match-days, parades and maybe a wee bit of Proddy passing trade going to a concert.

Shame to see it shut but it only really peaked last 3 years or so due to closure of Glassy on one side and Hutton's on the other side. It picked up a lot of business from that.

Just now, K.A.I said:

It had been on the market a while. When I was working there and earning good money I was looking at property to put my savings into and I got a prospectus on it through the door. They wanted 130k for it freehold, including building and contents etc. No idea if that's good or bad, but my gut told me that's an awful lot for a pub in this day and age where in reality it's only really busy on match-days, parades and maybe a wee bit of Proddy passing trade going to a concert.

Shame to see it shut but it only really peaked last 3 years or so due to closure of Glassy on one side and Hutton's on the other side. It picked up a lot of business from that.

According to someone who viewed the books, it wasn't worth 125k as a going concern. Possibly worth that if you intended to knock it down and build flats, but as a pub no.

If it was a goldmine, then a brewery would snap it up and get someone to manage it for 20k a year.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

According to someone who viewed the books, it wasn't worth 125k as a going concern. Possibly worth that if you intended to knock it down and build flats, but as a pub no.

If it was a goldmine, then a brewery would snap it up and get someone to manage it for 20k a year.

Aye exactly that was my thoughts too. The plot might be worth that for a high end eatterie or something but if the pub (any pub on the market really) was worth any money then it wouldn't be on the market full-stop. If the owner didn't have time, as you say, they get someone in to manage it (if it's a gold mine)

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Call me dramatic if you want

But I grew up in a time where Rangers dominated everything, all my pals were bears.. Except the odd couple who were the wee weirdos of the group. The big walk was the best day of the year. We didn't tolerate nor sympathise with the IRA 

Glasgow in particular has changed so much that it's becoming unbearable, you're a racist if you support the union, IRA marches pass without conflict. George Square is a meeting point for the left wing anti-protestants, anti-unionist bastards who preach utter nonsense and hatred.

We now see petitions with about 100k signatures to ban the orange walk in Glasgow. 

They're trying to kill Rangers off whilst we're down, the mhedia, the wee man-cub Sturgeon, Swinney the cross-dresser who wants to control every family in Scotland and Police Scotland who can arrest a single Hibs fan out of thousands who caused disorder but out of the hundreds of Rangers fans who defended our corner, many are already serving sentences behind bars. 

This country is fucked and the longer we're away from the top the more power they have over us it feels like. 

Its not even just tarriers, it's Hearts fans, Partick Thistle fans, Raith Rovers fans, Motherwell fans... They all want us gone

But yet greet like wee lassies when they're only getting one fixture against us and Aberdeen and the scum only sell out their grounds when we come to town. The irony is lost on them.

On the pub topic  Netties in Larkhall shut down recently. Sad to see it :(

40 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye exactly that was my thoughts too. The plot might be worth that for a high end eatterie or something but if the pub (any pub on the market really) was worth any money then it wouldn't be on the market full-stop. If the owner didn't have time, as you say, they get someone in to manage it (if it's a gold mine)

My mate looked at buying it as his "consortium" think it will be the next shit hole area in Glasgow to get renovated, and it could be worth a fortune.

They were planning on moving away from a Rangers pub and try and attract the gig crowd.

They thought it was too much of a risk

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

With a pint costing up to £3.90 nowadays is it any wonder boozers are closing? too expensive nowadays.

Boozer I drink in is only £2.60 ... even at that, they don't actually make that much profit on a pint when you take into account what the brewery charges for a barrell. Think it's about 30p mark-up a pint at that £2.50/£2.60 mark.

I think pubs can do well if they supplement it by buying their own bottles in but if the brewery finds out about that they fine and sanction you. It's not easy anyway.

I work for Tennant's, started 10 years ago, I was told within the first few weeks that within 20-25 years most pubs will be gone, the only ones that will survive are big chains like Witherspoons etc...

The smoking ban was the first nail in the coffin, the price hikes since have all but made it inevitable, only big chains who can afford to buy in bulk and therefor keep prices reasonable will thrive

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Is it fuck.

I'm one of those who has suggested that a non Rangers event which is purely advertised to raise profit for the pub (not the club) shouldn't be getting free publicity.

I've suggested a pinned thread where any such private entity could advertise their wares or services.

Greg has stated it's them that has been contacted, and that they have generated some income for the club via tours so fair enough. 

I hope his pub is busy, I certainly don't want his or any other pub frequented by bears to burst.

I just have a different view (probably viewing pub in similar vein to my thoughts on Lionbrand) getting a freebie that I don't think is right.

Gogzy and admin disagree, fair enough. 

But don't talk shite about wanting pubs closed.

Did the Sou'Wester give any of its profits to the club? Is the event being discussed on the Louden thread not exactly the sort of thing which would help a struggling Rangers pub survive?