Niko

14 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

AND a large number of them constantly, no matter how we are playing, post negative shite during games while sitting at their computers.  Some live in Scotland yet never appear, for whatever reasons, to be at games. 

I think people looking for positives know that is what you build on, fix the negatives and use the positives as a foundation.

What about guys like myself who are season ticket holders for over 15 years should we not criticise?

its blatantly obvious our shortcomings and lack of learning from poor results.

should I ignore this ?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

What about guys like myself who are season ticket holders for over 15 years should we not criticise?

its blatantly obvious our shortcomings and lack of learning from poor results.

should I ignore this ?

I don't believe anyone, certainly not me, was suggesting ignoring the obvious shortcomings.  We are in the middle of a project,  people calling for the maanger who has been in situ for 15 months (less than 2 months in the top flight) to be removed are lunatics.  We need some semblance of patience, though some may be reluctant to demonstrate that level of tolerance due to the 'McCoist factor'.  I believe we have a better chance of achieving 55 under MW than we would if we ripped it all up and started again with a new boss. 

Used to sit after any major project and ask two very simple questions, what did we do well and what can we do better.  Too many supporters, not only online but at the game want to focus on mistakes.  

Some fans see the glass as half full, others see it as half empty when scientifically it is always full.  :D

I'd like the fans to calm down and I'd like to see some investment from the board.

8 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Sorry, mate, but you're a clown. You're in the category I referred to earlier in the topic; a frightening opinion and view on football.

I have no allegiance to Halliday; I don't entertain playing to the galleries or nostalgic connections, hence why I wasn't Novo's biggest fan.

However, for you to bring him into the discussion, at your own accord, then respond that "here come the fan boys" is laughable. It's embarrassing, actually. We're trying to have an adult conversation about football, then you arrive with that? Get a grip. Seriously.

Wallace and McKay have been atrocious, ineffective and under-par this season. Stand-out underperformers according to 99% of bluenoses I've spoken to this season, so for you to fail to recognise this simply reiterates how much your opinion lacks value.

I'm not the first person to raise the topic of Andy Halliday in this thread it's already been done several times before me.  You're deciding to focus specifically on my view because I'm offering a realistic (or what you would call negative) take on his footballing ability.  Are you trying to deny that our support grossly overrate Halliday due to his status as a Rangers fan?  There's clearly a very large number of people who are doing that.  I would also agree that Wallace and McKay have been underperforming and don't understand why you're saying I fail to recognise that.  I've been pointing out McKay's poor performances for weeks, in fact, I doubt anyone has been more vocal about that issue than me.  You on the other hand have failed to give me any reasons as to why I'm wrong about Halliday.  You haven't debated the point at all.  Instead, you've called me names, claimed you're acting like an adult, and I'm guessing you think you've proved your point?

Kranjcar had a great game against Partick and deserved his MOTM award.  Despite his lack of minutes and fitness Kranjcar's getting some important goals and assists for us.  He's an important part of our team and we're going to see a lot more of him as his fitness and form improves.  I just wish our fans could show more belief in him but sadly he wasn't born on the Copland Road.

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm not the first person to raise the topic of Andy Halliday in this thread it's already been done several times before me.  You're deciding to focus specifically on my view because I'm offering a realistic (or what you would call negative) take on his footballing ability.  Are you trying to deny that our support grossly overrate Halliday due to his status as a Rangers fan?  There's clearly a very large number of people who are doing that.  I would also agree that Wallace and McKay have been underperforming and don't understand why you're saying I fail to recognise that.  I've been pointing out McKay's poor performances for weeks, in fact, I doubt anyone has been more vocal about that issue than me.  You on the other hand have failed to give me any reasons as to why I'm wrong about Halliday.  You haven't debated the point at all.  Instead, you've called me names, claimed you're acting like an adult, and I'm guessing you think you've proved your point?

Kranjcar had a great game against Partick and deserved his MOTM award.  Despite his lack of minutes and fitness Kranjcar's getting some important goals and assists for us.  He's an important part of our team and we're going to see a lot more of him as his fitness and form improves.  I just wish our fans could show more belief in him but sadly he wasn't born on the Copland Road.

Calling you a clown was out of order; I apologise.

Having said that, I still disagree with most of what you've said, but going back-and-forth won't achieve anything and at the end of the day, we both want the same in Rangers' success.

I strongly, strongly believe that we mustn't allow our standards to drop. Kranjcar doesn't deserve to receive plaudits for a good performance against Partick Thistle, all performances taken into account. We're not Hibs, Dundee United or Motherwell; we're Rangers.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Calling you a clown was out of order; I apologise.

Having said that, I still disagree with most of what you've said, but going back-and-forth won't achieve anything and at the end of the day, we both want the same in Rangers' success.

I strongly, strongly believe that we mustn't allow our standards to drop. Kranjcar doesn't deserve to receive plaudits for a good performance against Partick Thistle, all performances taken into account. We're not Hibs, Dundee United or Motherwell; we're Rangers.

Does Halliday deserve plaudits for his good performances given that he was dreadful for the first month of the season? We are Rangers, after all.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Does Halliday deserve plaudits for his good performances given that he was dreadful for the first month of the season? We are Rangers, after all.

I don't think Halliday deserves plaudits but he also doesn't deserve to be singled out as the only bad apple. If we are all honest I don't think any of them deserve plaudits for the performances so far but why single out Halliday when there hasn't really been anyone worthy of any plaudits.I think that is the point.

9 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I don't believe anyone, certainly not me, was suggesting ignoring the obvious shortcomings.  We are in the middle of a project,  people calling for the maanger who has been in situ for 15 months (less than 2 months in the top flight) to be removed are lunatics.  We need some semblance of patience, though some may be reluctant to demonstrate that level of tolerance due to the 'McCoist factor'. I believe we have a better chance of achieving 55 under MW than we would if we ripped it all up and started again with a new boss.

Used to sit after any major project and ask two very simple questions, what did we do well and what can we do better.  Too many supporters, not only online but at the game want to focus on mistakes.  

Some fans see the glass as half full, others see it as half empty when scientifically it is always full.  :D

I'd like the fans to calm down and I'd like to see some investment from the board.

We never will with that defence its been getting ripped apart since last year, no point having this head in the sand view. Even though i'm no lover of the board the money they have made available he's spunked on shite.

24 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Absolutely not.

The furthest I went to complimenting Halliday was stating that recently, he's been decent. That was in comparison to Wallace and McKay who the poster chose to over-look.

As I said in my first post and I've reiterated it all over the forum; I will not be satisfied until we hammer them. I might be waiting a while, but so frustrating has this season been, that's my opinion.

I just can't fathom how a topic can be stated, praising any of our squad; most certainly not an un-fit, highly-paid player who was hooked at half-time in an Old Firm humiliation... because he played well against Partick Thistle.

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Named in the SPFL team of the week.  Well done that man.

SPFL.jpg

Thats a pretty horrific looking team apart from niko. Niko has that wee bit of extra quality that can change games for us. Unfortunately all the pishy clubs up here want to do is scrap and fight. 

And well done niko for being recognised 

We certainly appeared to adapt to his style of play a little more in this match. He did what he is good at and didn't attempt what he isn't good at. That goal was a bit special, and not many in squad would score that. He does give us a problem about how much we can adjust our play to suit him, which against better teams could be an issue.

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:22 PM, WGOH said:

A thread about Niko Kranjcar has suddenly turned into a thread about how much TMB hates Halliday :lol: it's as if him playing well and getting plaudits from fans is an outrage 

He hasn't been playing well this season.  His first good game this season came against QotS who are a Championship team.  The outrage comes when I point that out and everyone jumps to the golden boys defence.  I hope he and the rest of the team can improve because 3 wins out of 8 league games isn't good enough and there's an important semi-final just 3 weeks away. 

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He hasn't been playing well this season.  His first good game this season came against QotS who are a Championship team.  The outrage comes when I point that out and everyone jumps to the golden boys defence.  I hope he and the rest of the team can improve because 3 wins out of 8 league games isn't good enough and there's an important semi-final just 3 weeks away. 

You're no getting it are you ya banger?

This is a thread praising Niko, yet it's turned into you pushing yer agenda against Halliday :lol: 

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We get it you dislike a Rangers fan who made it to play for his local team.

He isn't a golden boy, he's just another player but one who has been one of if not our best player for a few weeks now. He's scoring important goals and giving his all so give it a rest eh.

13 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

You're no getting it are you ya banger?

This is a thread praising Niko, yet it's turned into you pushing yer agenda against Halliday :lol: 

Insults now?  Okay, you're a dickhead.

This thread (and you can read it back yourself) has at least three people claiming Halliday was better than Niko on Saturday.  So aren't they guilty of pushing their own agenda in a Niko thread?  It's okay to speak in a negative way about Niko, but not Halliday, is that it?