Niko

I have a feeling we will have loads of threads on him like this throughout the season. It's clear to see he is a talented classy footballer who at home to lesser opposition looks a very good player but against better teams and quicker players I wouldn't have him near the team.

He is a luxury player who will have his moments but just nowhere near enough in big games.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talent was never in question... I compared him to players like rothen and capucho. 

That is not a total insult as they had great technical ability even when they were here. However the legs had gone, for me Niko is not able to get round the park and against the better teams in the spl he is too much of a passenger for me.

I would use him exactly as he has been recently, as a luxury player against small teams and as a sub against your hearts Aberdeen Celtic etc.

56 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

He'll do a job at home against most teams.

Not sure about away from home. Think he's more suited to coming off the bench atm.

Agree with this.

I think his career here will follow the pattern of him doing well in home games that should be stuck on wins only for him to struggle with the pace of bigger games and away games because he's such a luxury player.

We've seen this pattern so many times before with talented flair players over the years and he will be no different IMO.

39 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Great footballing brain. Everyone can see he has had great talent but unfortunately he is not nor ever will be fit/sharp enough at this level. Scored a fine goal.....offered nothing else unfortunately. Tells you how bad it was when Niko was MoM. Heard he narrowly edged out MOH.

That is pure shite.  He on,y made one pass that didn't find its intended target.  He was the one summer signing that I got excited about.  So happy to see him doing what I knew he could today.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Agree with this.

I think his career here will follow the pattern of him doing well in home games that should be stuck on wins only for him to struggle with the pace of bigger games and away games because he's such a luxury player.

We've seen this pattern so many times before with talented flair players over the years and he will be no different IMO.

Unfortunately I cannot understand why MW would bring in a player unable to play in the big matches. Surely it is the big matches we need our most gifted players to be involved in.

An unaffordable luxury player at this stage for me. Mobility, grit, determination and passion is what is required for our midfield. Unfortunately, Most of the time he is a passenger. He was better today but let's be sensible it was Patrick Thistle and they were woeful.

29 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Is that who got it mate? Hard to argue with that as well to be honest, Halliday really has been immense the past few weeks, he's stepping up when we needed someone to

Wasn't sure who got it as I left before it got announced. Just thought that Halliday was class today. ??

4 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Credit where it's due. He was brilliant today. Some of the passes he makes is wank material. Just like his goal.

Better.....not brilliant, or you are easily pleased. We were playing bottom of the table Patrick and scraped a win. 

Sat is disbelief at a couple of his passes today. The way he just sweeps a 50 yard pass to the touch line without even taking a touch or a second look. Don't think there is any doubt that he is technically the best player in Scotland, just needs to get up to the speed of the game and pick up his sharpness and he will be fine for us. 

4 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Better.....not brilliant, or you are easily pleased. We were playing bottom of the table Patrick and scraped a win. 

2-0 is hardly scraping it  :lol: it could've been about 4 or 5, geez peace 

10 minutes ago, BallochBear said:

That is pure shite.  He on,y made one pass that didn't find its intended target.  He was the one summer signing that I got excited about.  So happy to see him doing what I knew he could today.

Come on, give yourself a shake. He was better today and scored a fine goal against a shit Partick Thistle, bottom of the table. No use to us if he cannot hack it versus the bheggars, sheep, hearts etc which is when we need our top players to perform.

Just now, will2203 said:

I must be easily pleased then, but I couldn't give a shit. We still have issues in the bigger picture. We all know that. But, when players like Niko do good things like today and pleases me, then I'll take it all day long. 

Folk keep saying 'aye but it's only Patrick thistle' they're still a team in our league that we have to beat so we should be raving about our players when they play well, fair enough he might not be too useful in the bigger games due to fitness/age but he's an option to bring on as the opposition in those games start to tire and hopefully find gaps and create chances 

Everyone was poor against the taigs but he seemed to be the whipping boy. To say he can't play in big games is not accurate. He is a very experienced capped player and I would not hesitate playing him against the tims, hearts or Aberdeen even if he has lost a step in pace.

The guy is a class act.

Bar Windass everyone was a joke against cellic so don't know why Krancjar gets singled out. 

It's taking him a bit of time to get to full fitness but if we can somehow be there or there abouts come January/February a fit Krancjar is in your team everyday of the week