Niko

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We get it you dislike a Rangers fan who made it to play for his local team.

He isn't a golden boy, he's just another player but one who has been one of if not our best player for a few weeks now. He's scoring important goals and giving his all so give it a rest eh.

I don't dislike him because he's a Rangers fan playing for his local team.  I dislike him because he's an average player being vastly overrated due to his status as a Rangers fan.  He is a golden boy among our support if you need evidence of that look back just a few weeks.  One good game against a Championship team and people wanted Wallace stripped of the captaincy.  You might think he's one of our best players but I certainly don't. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't dislike him because he's a Rangers fan playing for his local team.  I dislike him because he's an average player being vastly overrated due to his status as a Rangers fan.  He is a golden boy among our support if you need evidence of that look back just a few weeks.  One good game against a Championship team and people wanted Wallace stripped of the captaincy.  You might think he's one of our best players but I certainly don't. 

Who is overrating him?

No one has said he is Zidane or anything but the facts speak for themselves. Look at our last few games and name me a player who's done more than Halliday? He's not been great like everyone else before this period and has rightly been criticised for it however the boy has turned it around recently and you are still going out your way to hammer him.

It is a genuine dislike, there's no point in you trying to deny it...it's all in this thread clear as day to see.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Who is overrating him?

No one has said he is Zidane or anything but the facts speak for themselves. Look at our last few games and name me a player who's done more than Halliday? He's not been great like everyone else before this period and has rightly been criticised for it however the boy has turned it around recently and you are still going out your way to hammer him.

It is a genuine dislike, there's no point in you trying to deny it...it's all in this thread clear as day to see.

I felt at the start of the season that he could be a bit part player, but the whole thing with Joey Barton seems to have given him some immense fuel which has definitely made him step up.

He chases every last ball, puts everything into his tackling and performances.

No his ability isn't on the level of the likes of Barry Ferguson just yet, but his effort and passion has been integral to our slight improvement.

Just now, Marky. said:

I felt at the start of the season that he could be a bit part player, but the whole thing with Joey Barton seems to have given him some immense fuel which has definitely made him step up.

He chases every last ball, puts everything into his tackling and performances.

No his ability isn't on the level of the likes of Barry Ferguson just yet, but his effort and passion has been integral to our slight improvement.

The effort isn't in question, he's not the best footballer in the world but then again no one in this league is. He can and will improve that's for sure.

Of course the staunch Rangers man image will drive some to worship him but that's always been the case with fans turned players.

I just don't get someone going out their way to criticise him after the last few games when he's been one of our standouts.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Who is overrating him?

Our fans are overrating him.

I would say Holt has given us more than Halliday since the Ross County game.  Holt has come back from injury and made a real difference to our style of play.  It annoys me when a guy like Halliday has a good game against QotS and people want him made captain just because he's a Rangers fan.  I've got nothing against Rangers fans playing for the club and was a big fan of Barry Ferguson but Halliday just isn't at that level, and never will be.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

A golden boy? You mean because he is a Rangers fan the fans are blind to how bad he is if he plays badly? Not so. I would play Rossiter ahead of Andy in the CDM, so perhaps he is better played up the park more when Rossiter is fit. I would still have Windass and Kranjcar ahead of Halliday in those positions as well. However, if he is the player on form then out of them he should start, but I wouldn't put him in the top three midfielders in the squad on an automatic basis. I find it strange you dislike him though, even if he is on form.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Our fans are overrating him.

I would say Holt has given us more than Halliday since the Ross County game.  Holt has come back from injury and made a real difference to our style of play.  It annoys me when a guy like Halliday has a good game against QotS and people want him made captain just because he's a Rangers fan.  I've got nothing against Rangers fans playing for the club and was a big fan of Barry Ferguson but Halliday just isn't at that level, and never will be.

1. Funny how well we played when he was captain against a team we could easily have struggled against... He carried the team that night. People may get carried away by asking him to permanently be captain, but he's certainly high on the pecking order I'm afraid.

2. That's hardly very supportive to be honest. He's a young enough player to mature and mould into a better player. Plays with the same intensity as Ferguson used to, and you really never know how vastly players will improve... Remember Hutton wasn't everyones cup of tea at the beginning. The jersey is his just now, he has earned it, and there's nobody coming close to taking it off him. As we improve as a squad, he will too. He is that determined, and it is the determination that makes him so likeable.

14 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You might be getting grief for this but I actually agree with some of your points. I like Halliday; but long term he is not good enough to play for us. There was times last season he was absolutely rotten and for the most part of the season he was quite average. Andy Halliday wouldn't get into our midfield pre-relegation. 

1 minute ago, StevenDavis said:

You might be getting grief for this but I actually agree with some of your points. I like Halliday; but long term he is not good enough to play for us. There was times last season he was absolutely rotten and for the most part of the season he was quite average. Andy Halliday wouldn't get into our midfield pre-relegation. 

Who would?

Garner, Miller, Senderos, Kiernan, Wilson, Holt, McKay, O'Halloran, Fod....?

That's not a great point to make tbh as pre relegation we were full of proven international players with bags of expeirence.

1 minute ago, StevenDavis said:

Not many would right now. But there are many young players in the squad like Halliday who will improve, and who will have the team built around them as we do.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Of course the staunch Rangers man image will drive some to worship him but that's always been the case with fans turned players.

The fans view is very skewed due to this this Rangers fan image.  For example, some will blame the Celtic embarrassment on Niko while failing to acknowledge Halliday was also on the pitch for 45mins contributing nothing.  It's not right that some are thrown under the bus, while others are seemingly above criticism. 

2 minutes ago, Marky. said:

1. Funny how well we played when he was captain against a team we could easily have struggled against... He carried the team that night. People may get carried away by asking him to permanently be captain, but he's certainly high on the pecking order I'm afraid.

2. That's hardly very supportive to be honest. He's a young enough player to mature and mould into a better player. Plays with the same intensity as Ferguson used to, and you really never know how vastly players will improve... Remember Hutton wasn't everyones cup of tea at the beginning. The jersey is his just now, he has earned it, and there's nobody coming close to taking it off him. As we improve as a squad, he will too. He is that determined, and it is the determination that makes him so likeable.

I thought you were too busy talking about Haris Vukic?  Not get a bite on that one?

44 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Insults now?  Okay, you're a dickhead.

This thread (and you can read it back yourself) has at least three people claiming Halliday was better than Niko on Saturday.  So aren't they guilty of pushing their own agenda in a Niko thread?  It's okay to speak in a negative way about Niko, but not Halliday, is that it?

Tragic tarrier mess.

21 minutes ago, StevenDavis said:

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Who would?

Garner, Miller, Senderos, Kiernan, Wilson, Holt, McKay, O'Halloran, Fod....?

That's not a great point to make tbh as pre relegation we were full of proven international players with bags of expeirence.

Nitpicking here boys, but we were demoted.

Don't let they fucks tell you any different (tu)

20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The fans view is very skewed due to this this Rangers fan image.  For example, some will blame the Celtic embarrassment on Niko while failing to acknowledge Halliday was also on the pitch for 45mins contributing nothing.  It's not right that some are thrown under the bus, while others are seemingly above criticism. 

Everybody on here blamed the whole team , you constantly pick out Haliday because you are a tarrier bastard. Do one with yer pish , we all know hes not a world beater but he has the heart than many others will never have.

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

The effort isn't in question, he's not the best footballer in the world but then again no one in this league is. He can and will improve that's for sure.

I just don't get someone going out their way to criticise him after the last few games when he's been one of our standouts.

Because he's an expert mate and he's gotta be right even when he's being proven wrong every time the guy gets picked.

I love Halliday even more for winding the prick so much :lol: