Multi gripe

Dan Deacon

In fact, that result was typical of what we need to do. Not be great but keep a clean sheet and win a game.

We ain't what we use to be but thank fuck we are not in that dog eat dog Championship. I will bide my time in this SPL till our progress continues. Need to play with what you have right now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Friday night up in Inverness and we ground out a 1-0, what the fuck are folk expecting? Last night is the kind of game you have to just win any old way, and we've done that. Last night shows this team can be good enough for the spl this season. We need more results like that as we get into the winter months. 

A good result, a half decent performance from what I saw of the match (the first half and about 20 minutes of the second). 

The same problems as have been evident all season but it might take a good while to fix those problems. Think most of us would've taken a 1-0 win before the game.

3 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

You do know Rangers won the game at a venue considered to be very difficult,You do also know that the unwashed scraped a point off them at the same venue.

Why the negativity given it was a pretty good performance 

To be fair mate the taigs should have battered Inverness about 5-0. Didn't think we played that well but over the moon with the 3 points!

10 minutes ago, Queens 11 said:

To be fair mate the taigs should have battered Inverness about 5-0. Didn't think we played that well but over the moon with the 3 points!

Were Inverness not denied a stonewall penalty and red card in the game vs the bheggars?

We secured 3 points and that is to be commended, but it does not equate to an up and coming victory over THEM. We can but hope though.

I thought we controlled the game, but the same deficiencies remain. Bombscare moments in defence where Caley could have/should have scored and we at the other end not putting away chances, lacking that cutting edge.

The midfield done well, but just not enough end product. The Wallace McKay deal down the left just isn't working. Wallace spent more time in front of McKay, which I think is ruining McKay's game. He's looking a bit subdued and lost as a result as he has done in every game recently. He doesn't get his role IMHO. It's limiting him and I can sympathise with him.

I think we are over complicating things with the attacking full back deals. Both forage too much forward for my liking and last night both were caught out defensively and not for the first time.

For me, get it 442 and let McKay do his his job and he may flourish again.

12 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

We're slow 

Wrong formation

Wrong players

Wrong inability to adapt

Terrible marking

No cutting edge

Laboured

Agreed.   Last night was awful.  I can't believe some people were happy with the performance.  We hardly created any chances.  The goal we scored was a cracker but could have ended up in the stand.  They missed two free headers.    We just do not look right at all.  433 is killing our football.   Next Sunday is unlikely to be a good day for all of us. 

22 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Were Inverness not denied a stonewall penalty and red card in the game vs the bheggars?

I can't mind mate, just remember watching the highlights and being shocked at how many chances they wasted. I'm sure it was the same weekend we drew with Ross County and missed rapid sitters as well

5 minutes ago, Queens 11 said:

I can't mind mate, just remember watching the highlights and being shocked at how many chances they wasted. I'm sure it was the same weekend we drew with Ross County and missed rapid sitters as well

I never watched it either mate, or the highlights, i just got told at 1-1 that Sviatchenko (sp) brought someone down just inside the box and no penalty was given or subsequent red card.

I seen a bit of the bheggars game vs Alloa and the wasted loads of chances aswell.

They Alloa game that Gordon bastard escaped a red card for the kung fu kick aswell.

And they have the cheek to say the refs are biased against them.

I was not confident before the game last night but my prediction of a defeat was proven to be rubbish. We controlled the game in the fist half and we looked comfortable in the second. We really do need to improve our finishing though as a one goal margin is nail biting stuff. We did well and now look forward to next week 

33 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I never watched it either mate, or the highlights, i just got told at 1-1 that Sviatchenko (sp) brought someone down just inside the box and no penalty was given or subsequent red card.

I seen a bit of the bheggars game vs Alloa and the wasted loads of chances aswell.

They Alloa game that Gordon bastard escaped a red card for the kung fu kick aswell.

And they have the cheek to say the refs are biased against them.

I remember now you say that. Aye they're smelly bastards, that Gordon one was a shocker

13 minutes ago, Queens 11 said:

I remember now you say that. Aye they're smelly bastards, that Gordon one was a shocker

If you done that to someone in the street you would get a year in the jail.

If you done it while singing the Billy boys you would probably be a test case for bringing back hanging.

2 hours ago, Teamgers said:

Fuck me there's some right moaning fucking minnies in here! granted we've played better and lost, as for the comment that Millers shot COULD have ended up in the stand, fuckin hell give the guy credit for a cracking finish!

Read my post again  I said it was a cracking goal but it was one of those shots where it could have ended up anywhere.  

The point is it was not a good performance from us and that has become our norm.

As yesterday proved, we lack the ability to kill off teams and you can only get away with 1 nil leads for so long. Take todays games and results from our nearest rivals:

Aberdeen up 2 against Ross County by 1/2 time - then another 2 in the 2nd 1/2.

Bheasts 2 nil against Motherwell, albeit the 2nd was a penalty...but they could afford a draw just now had it not been given.

Hearts, 2 nil against Dundee

This inability to kill off games after going in front cost us points against Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. Failing to score against Ross County at home is inexcusable, yet the sheep put four past them today. We're a mediocre team at the most who are churning out results that's doing nothing more than keeping our head above water. 

Last nights result merely papers over the cracks. 

10 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

As yesterday proved, we lack the ability to kill off teams and you can only get away with 1 nil leads for so long. Take todays games and results from our nearest rivals:

Aberdeen up 2 against Ross County by 1/2 time - then another 2 in the 2nd 1/2.

Bheasts 2 nil against Motherwell, albeit the 2nd was a penalty...but they could afford a draw just now had it not been given.

Hearts, 2 nil against Dundee

This inability to kill off games after going in front cost us points against Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. Failing to score against Ross County at home is inexcusable, yet the sheep put four past them today. We're a mediocre team at the most who are churning out results that's doing nothing more than keeping our head above water. 

Last nights result merely papers over the cracks. 

It will not happen for us until we get in better quality.  We look very average against average teams. We have no one who can make a difference. We work very hard to turn a goal, whilst the oppo sit in, wait to break and bang, or indeed exploit us at corners. All too predictable. In the mean time we need to be varying the play and upping the tempo.

I dream for a win next week, but have little expectation. The gap is just too wide, but we can always hope. I'm off to Dubal on Monday for two weeks, so I'll at least have sunshine to cheer me up and who knows, maybe a bonus, but I won't be planning on it.