Football Manager 2017 - Beta

TMB

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladbrokes Premiership_ Overview Stages-3.pngRangers_  Senior Fixtures-4.png

Massive shout out to the biggest bottlers world football has ever known :guiness:

Got the SC final against Hearts for a potential clean sweep!

Taigs are utter shite but they horsed me 3-0 at the Piggery which put them in the driving seat. I then lost at Pittodrie :angry:

But in true tarrier fashion, they ballsed it up :Banane21:

15 hours ago, AndyDavis1690 said:

I can't find a good tactic to play with us!! I'm winning 2-0 then throwing away a 2-0 lead at home!! Even tryed playing the old 4-4-2

Tactics?

signings? 

You're no by any chance playing an old striker turned midfielder, in central defence are you? :lol: 

Started my second season with Rangers after winning the lot last year.

Signed Yaser Kasim on a pre contract agreement last season, he's now joined. Josh Meekings and George Saville have also been added on a permanent basis.

I signed James Weir and Leandro Rodriguez, both on loan deals from Hull and Everton respectively. Weir can pretty much play anywhere from middle to front and Rodriguez excels as a false nine.

Got a few youngsters out on loan and still trying to rid myself of Joey Barton :angry:

Made it to the playoff stage of the Champions League thanks to the away goals rule against Olympiakos :cheers: I've now been drawn against Steaua Bucharest.

2 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Only gone and got Rangers away in the Betfred cup :lol:  :cheers:

I was playing as an English team in the mobile version and noticed Rangers lost to Edinburgh City in the same tournament! EEK! Surely we're not THAT bad.

Seen Steaua off in the playoff to be handed a group consisting of Real Madrid, Benfica and Ajax... :belm:

Garner and Waghorn out for a few months so had to sign Adam Armstrong on loan for the season.

Not a great start domestically tbh and I'm pinning that on European qualification. Wondering if that's what fucked the tarriers last season even though I only won it by a couple of points.

Chanced my arm asking the board to intervene when trying to sign Conor Coady, a player way out of my price range at the moment...

£3 million deal confirmed by the board :Banane21:

I'll now need to offload one or two CMs I have sitting about right enough :facepalm:

On 1/6/2017 at 7:47 AM, 50ShadesofBlue said:

New Rangers save.

First thing I done was release or sell Barton, Hill, Miller, Krancjar and Senderos. 

Promoted Rudden, Burt, McCrorie twins and Adamson into the first team. 

Brought in a bunch of new coaches, analysts, scouts, physios etc. 

Signed Matthew Knox and loaned him out to Airdrie. 

Signed Carlos Alena (CM/AMC) from Barcelona on Loan for the first team. 

Persisting with the 4-2-3-1 formation but utilise 4-4-2 for the odd away game. 

Won the Betfred Cup. 

Setup an affiliate deal with Morton to loan out youth. 

Signed Conor McAleny for £600K. Gets a 3-4 month injury playing in the U20s whilst trying to build match fitness. FML.

Garner banging in the goals but the team is now hitting poor mid season form.

Sitting 4th. Partick Thistle strangely leading the table. Only 7 points between us. 

Dembele and The Thumb were injured for 3 months. They had a poor start...if only it were real life. 

Focus is now on scouting pre-contracts, youth prospects and winning the Scottish Cup. Not sure I'll win the league with current form. 

Well I got the squad playing again and won the league in the second last game by beating Celtic 3-0 at Ibrox. Glorious stuff.

Won the league by 3 points. Celtic 2nd and Hearts 3rd. Thistle lost their way and came 4th. 

Capped off the season with a Scottish Cup win over Ross County by winning on penalties. Great end to a long season for the lads. 

New contract for the prodigal Govan boy Hamish Alexander(me but not my real name). Asked for better training facilities and youth recruitment which was agreed. 

Squad development going well, new coaches and individual training regimes making the difference. Billy Gilmour, Zak Rudden and Liam Burt looking like great prospects.

New youth intake produced 1 excellent prospect called Samuel O'Connor (MC). Straight into the first team for development and featured in a couple games.   

Ended up bringing in 12 players on mostly pre-contracts and freebies. Notably signed Jon Toral, Emerson Hyndman (loan), Jack Harper (loan) and my new star striker Duje Čop. He will be the difference in Europe. 

Sold Halliday, Holt, Gilks, Krancjar. 

Loaned out Dodoo, MoH, Crooks and about 12 youth players. Also signed a bunch of 18/19s on frees that look promising. 

Pre season playing all the big names at Ibrox to cash in and experimenting with my squad went well.

Managed to see my way through the Euro qualifiers and beat Qarabag 6-1agg to qualify. £11M banked. Asked for more transfer funds - rejected. Dicks.

Slow start to the SPFL campaign. Couple draws and a win but bigger fish to fry with PSG in the Champs League. 

Watch this space... 

(I'll get some screenshots up next time)

On 09/01/2017 at 2:48 PM, 50ShadesofBlue said:

Well I got the squad playing again and won the league in the second last game by beating Celtic 3-0 at Ibrox. Glorious stuff.

Won the league by 3 points. Celtic 2nd and Hearts 3rd. Thistle lost their way and came 4th. 

Capped off the season with a Scottish Cup win over Ross County by winning on penalties. Great end to a long season for the lads. 

New contract for the prodigal Govan boy Hamish Alexander(me but not my real name). Asked for better training facilities and youth recruitment which was agreed. 

Squad development going well, new coaches and individual training regimes making the difference. Billy Gilmour, Zak Rudden and Liam Burt looking like great prospects.

New youth intake produced 1 excellent prospect called Samuel O'Connor (MC). Straight into the first team for development and featured in a couple games.   

Ended up bringing in 12 players on mostly pre-contracts and freebies. Notably signed Jon Toral, Emerson Hyndman (loan), Jack Harper (loan) and my new star striker Duje Čop. He will be the difference in Europe. 

Sold Halliday, Holt, Gilks, Krancjar. 

Loaned out Dodoo, MoH, Crooks and about 12 youth players. Also signed a bunch of 18/19s on frees that look promising. 

Pre season playing all the big names at Ibrox to cash in and experimenting with my squad went well.

Managed to see my way through the Euro qualifiers and beat Qarabag 6-1agg to qualify. £11M banked. Asked for more transfer funds - rejected. Dicks.

Slow start to the SPFL campaign. Couple draws and a win but bigger fish to fry with PSG in the Champs League. 

Watch this space... 

(I'll get some screenshots up next time)

Nice one mate.

With regards to more money from the board, I find that interacting with them during negotiations for a certain player tends to bear more fruit than a board request.

Played my first two games with Edi City in the League cup. Managed to beat Airdrie 1-0 at home. Set up a 5-3-2 with full backs and papped it on defensive. Was rarely threatened though. They were poor. On to Hamilton away and I decided to keep the same set up. I lost a goal after 20-30 mins to a deflected Donati free kick, they hit the bar from a long range shot which was all they were restricted too. Pushed up for the last 10 mins a bit further and lost a goal straight away through Dougie Imrie. Players were absolutely knackered by the end.

Ive got East Fife at home before Rangers at Ibrox. Hoping I can get something out of the East Fife game to give me a chance of getting out the group. I've lost two of my best centre halves to injury and struggling to get in a decent replacement. I will probably move to 4-4-2. I brought in a young regen that was available on a free who seems to have decent attributes for the level :lol: so I might try and develop him a bit further.

Its a fucking struggle bringing in players. I fucked up by sacking my assistant manager because I got a replacement but I offered the replacement a job as coach and not assistant manager so when I cancelled and tried to reoffer him the deal he wouldnt go back into talks. Ended up getting Mark Wilson as assisant as needed someone. Please dont judge :lol:  Nearly got Christian Dailly as U20 coach but all my u20's are grey so seemed pointless at the moment.

On 07/01/2017 at 1:05 AM, AndyDavis1690 said:

I can't find a good tactic to play with us!! I'm winning 2-0 then throwing away a 2-0 lead at home!! Even tryed playing the old 4-4-2

Tactics?

signings? 

I've been using this one with decent results.

http://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2016/12/jurgen-klopps-4-3-3-gegenpress-tactic.html

You can sign some pretty decent midfielders at the start for very little money.  Nik Kapun, Fredrick Oldrup Jensen, and Marius Lundemo are all pretty decent. 

Try and get a defender called Nemanja Milunovic, can sign him for £120k and 5k wages.

Diego Poyet and Israel Puerto are both on a free with fairly low wages if you can get rid of Barton and Senderos.

Can sign a Brazilian Striker called Thalles in January transfer window.  I got him for £425k and sold him a season and a half later for £13m (King accepted the bid!)

Got beat off East Fife 2-1, another deflected goal... Then lost to a Rangers youth team plus Gilks and Miller 1-0 late on. Was gutted as thought I could sneak a draw.

Won first league game at home to Forfar 1-0 with a Cummings (related to Jason) raker. Had more possession and more chances which was pleasing. Started to get a few staff members in now and want to try and get another wide player on loan after sending back a boy from Morton who got injured for 2-3 months. I can't even get the poorer rangers youths to sign for me. 

Nae luck at all. So after my win against Forfar, I suffered two straight 2-0 defeats before playing out a 0-0 draw with Berwick. I arranged a friendly to try and get some players fitness up and won 4-1 against Leith (academy im assuming). Another two defeats followed before an away draw with Annan. I took the lead at home to Arbroath in the 87th minute, switched to defensive and lost a goal in 90+1. Just as I thought I was getting a bit of luck :no:

Fortunately my boards goal is to avoid bottom place but ive got high flying Elgin next. I signed Martyn Fotheringham on a free contract, he doesn't have great physical stats but his touch and passing along with set piece distribution is great and should give me an outlet in midfield if I play two midfielders in the middle with him. He is my 3rd highest paid player after Craig Beattie (who has been disappointing) and Marc Laird, who is rather guff. Starting to get a couple of players back from injury and then one of my wingers gets fucked leaving me with only two players who can play on the wings properly. 

Ive added Kevin Thomson to my management team as my U20 manager and managed to add a coach for my u20's. Gave them all contracts so they weren't greyed out so hopefully some can develop from now on. Added a scout and some bird as a physio and got a decent goalie coach so feeling alright staff wise other than wanting a fitness coach.

It's going to be a long season! Im really not sure if this is even worth my time :lol: \

edit:

And just as I fucking finish writing this and get back to the game, its fucking crashed, something about an update... can't mind last time I fucking saved

edit 2: got to play the last fucking game again, and I got a fucking point

On 07/01/2017 at 1:45 PM, Mr Soprano said:

Ladbrokes Premiership_ Overview Stages-3.pngRangers_  Senior Fixtures-4.png

Massive shout out to the biggest bottlers world football has ever known :guiness:

Got the SC final against Hearts for a potential clean sweep!

Taigs are utter shite but they horsed me 3-0 at the Piggery which put them in the driving seat. I then lost at Pittodrie :angry:

But in true tarrier fashion, they ballsed it up :Banane21:

They've lost a 17 points - round about that anyway- point lead in a month in mine, Hibs first and I'm second.

Man breaks Guinness World Record for longest game of Football Manager

Published 2 months ago

If you’re a fan of Football Manager, you’ll be aware the game gives you an ‘Addictedness rating’ depending on the number of hours you’ve spent playing.

These include ’Time to change your underwear’, ‘This is my life and I’ll do what I want with it’, and ‘Better take out another pizza’.

But we can’t imagine what message Darren Bland, the holder of a new Guinness World Record, must have seen after entering his 154th season as manager of Fiorentina.

Darren is now officially a world-record holder after achieving the ‘Longest Single Game of Football Manager’ in history.

He achieved the ‘feat’ on Football Manager 2010 after playing for a whopping 173 days, 16 hours and 51 minutes.

http://www.givemesport.com/907697-man-breaks-guinness-world-record-for-longest-game-of-football-manager

FB_IMG_1484323284746.jpg

6 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Man breaks Guinness World Record for longest game of Football Manager

Published 2 months ago

If you’re a fan of Football Manager, you’ll be aware the game gives you an ‘Addictedness rating’ depending on the number of hours you’ve spent playing.

These include ’Time to change your underwear’, ‘This is my life and I’ll do what I want with it’, and ‘Better take out another pizza’.

But we can’t imagine what message Darren Bland, the holder of a new Guinness World Record, must have seen after entering his 154th season as manager of Fiorentina.

Darren is now officially a world-record holder after achieving the ‘Longest Single Game of Football Manager’ in history.

He achieved the ‘feat’ on Football Manager 2010 after playing for a whopping 173 days, 16 hours and 51 minutes.

http://www.givemesport.com/907697-man-breaks-guinness-world-record-for-longest-game-of-football-manager

FB_IMG_1484323284746.jpg

Goals.