Football Manager 2017 - Beta

TMB

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a new Rangers save. Finished 12 points behind the tims, but beat them in the Scottish Cup final to stop them winning the treble. Robbie Kiernan got the goal and the FM17 Rangers support celebrated by belting out @BEE's "when I get that feeling, I need Robbie Kiernan" chant. 

By the end of the season the only summer arrival getting a game for me is Rossiter. Senderos, Hill and Gilks were shifted in the January window. Barton was annoyed at being in and out of the team, then got sent off for violent conduct in two consecutive appearances, and went apeshit over being fined; ended up letting him go to Wigan on loan in January. Niko was in good form right up until February; injuries to him and Dodoo derailed our title challenge. Crooks and Hodson went out on loan too, though Windass has been an effective super sub. 

True to life, Aiden Wilson and Jamie Barjonas have done alright when given games, and Robbie McCrorie has been my number two keeper since January. I'll loan him out next season, and use Kelly as the number two keeper. 

Warburton ended up at Wolves and is sniffing around Tav. Despite having nowhere near the same potential as Tav,  Fraser Aird has done alright when he's been brought in to give Tav a rest; he's been deputising for both McKay and Tav. 

On 2017-5-5 at 9:16 PM, Aubie92 said:

There's a file on the steam workshop; subscribe to it and it adds the editor file with him to your game. 

Tried this mate doesn't work. I get the editor file then click on it do all this. And doesn't work? I restart my laptop go into Dowlais but it's then gone?

42 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Tried this mate doesn't work. I get the editor file then click on it do all this. And doesn't work? I restart my laptop go into Dowlais but it's then gone?

With the steam workshop you should be able to subscribe to it, then it's just a case of closing down steam and opening it up again, and the file will be there to be included in your next new save. 

I'm on my phone just now but I'll take a look on the steam workshop on my PC tomorrow and take screenshots. 

20 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

With the steam workshop you should be able to subscribe to it, then it's just a case of closing down steam and opening it up again, and the file will be there to be included in your next new save. 

I'm on my phone just now but I'll take a look on the steam workshop on my PC tomorrow and take screenshots. 

Cheers mate. I'll have another go at it just now see if I can get it working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Is it just me who has updated our squad with everybody signed and left?

Nah mate, I did it last week but it was before Morelos had signed. Completed a season the other day and everyone was after Pena, he's class in the game.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:19 PM, lewislaudrup said:

Anyone ever used a scottish league patch. With the junior leagues?

I have, used it in FM16 with academies put in place in all regions, Massive overhaul with promotion down to about 6-7 tiers, Great fun

On 6/25/2017 at 11:19 PM, lewislaudrup said:

Anyone ever used a scottish league patch. With the junior leagues?

Yes - built myself on FM14.

I'm starting to do a retro-style Scottish patch at the moment for 17 - pre 1975 introduction of the Premier League with just two divisions in senior football - i've built the two leagues and three main cup competitions and then i'll begin on lower divisions.

I still haven't decided whether to do Junior divisions, but if I do i'll probably recreate the way they were before the forming of the 3 Super Leagues.

At the moment my senior divisions have 20 teams (First) and 22 teams (Second) respectively, but I'm tempted to drop it to 18 and 20 - promote Clydebank and East Stirling, change Livingston to Meadowbank Thistle, and relegate Annan, Inverness (and split them), Ross County, Peterhead and Elgin.

I also plan on introducing the Glasgow Cup, East of Scotland Shield etc and the Drybrough Cup. 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yes - built myself on FM14.

I'm starting to do a retro-style Scottish patch at the moment for 17 - pre 1975 introduction of the Premier League with just two divisions in senior football - i've built the two leagues and three main cup competitions and then i'll begin on lower divisions.

I still haven't decided whether to do Junior divisions, but if I do i'll probably recreate the way they were before the forming of the 3 Super Leagues.

At the moment my senior divisions have 20 teams (First) and 22 teams (Second) respectively, but I'm tempted to drop it to 18 and 20 - promote Clydebank and East Stirling, change Livingston to Meadowbank Thistle, and relegate Annan, Inverness (and split them), Ross County, Peterhead and Elgin.

I also plan on introducing the Glasgow Cup, East of Scotland Shield etc and the Drybrough Cup. 

Fuck me thats hard work, sounds good tho

• 2 weeks later...

HI there, thought I would share my football manager stuff was browsing your thread on Matt Crooks and saw this, I'm a Scunthorpe fan

I'm currently 10 seasons into a Sevilla save dominating both domestic and continental competitions

here is a screen shot of my profile

20170710164744_1.thumb.jpg.23541e9e32879dbd7d53389c67a7bb37.jpg

if anyone wants to see anymore such as my current squad and some transfers just let me know.

18 hours ago, IronFan63 said:

HI there, thought I would share my football manager stuff was browsing your thread on Matt Crooks and saw this, I'm a Scunthorpe fan

I'm currently 10 seasons into a Sevilla save dominating both domestic and continental competitions

if anyone wants to see anymore such as my current squad and some transfers just let me know.

Looks like the media love you.

20 hours ago, IronFan63 said:

Liam? Get the fuck off our forum.

20 hours ago, IronFan63 said:

Now why i do that your forum is most entertaining i have been on so far

Given your unfortunate first name, it is imperative you provide proof that you are not a tarrier interloper.

Please send a pm to either myself, @Frank Harrison or @bombaybadboy08 with a picture of our usernames and 'Fuck The Pope' in black, bold lettering.

Many thanks.