Nintendo Switch

Brian Fantana

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I do prefer live to psn as well mate. 

I mind just getting the 360 and having the mic for the first time. Played COD and I was minging at it. All I could hear was people going tonto down the mic shouting who the fuck is drum loyal. You're a prick etc :lol:

Rude awakening

Aye or the moment you speak, some English cunt pipes up trying to give you dogs abuse :lol: Xbox Live was good, I like to think it's as good on the Xbox One, I could see myself getting the Xbox Scorpio if it ends up as good as it's being bigged up by Microsoft.

1 minute ago, lidorfc said:

Aye or the moment you speak, some English cunt pipes up trying to give you dogs abuse :lol: Xbox Live was good, I like to think it's as good on the Xbox One, I could see myself getting the Xbox Scorpio if it ends up as good as it's being bigged up by Microsoft.

is there a date for it? 

10 hours ago, lidorfc said:

And I mean light years ahead in terms of content, the games on the Wii for instance were far inferior to anything on the PS3 and 360 and the Wii died off quick because of that and the novelty wearing off. 

they maybe light years ahead in content, but lets be honest, its the same fucking content except spruced up a bit due to the new console being able to do x instead of y that the older console did

CoD is still the same CoD as before no matter how they tart it up, nintendo may well not have the power or whatever, but i admire their inventiveness and attempt to try and change the way the market is, lets be honest, its fucking soul destroying see the same shit released year on yera and cunts lap it up like its all brand new (yeah im look at you fifa)

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

they maybe light years ahead in content, but lets be honest, its the same fucking content except spruced up a bit due to the new console being able to do x instead of y that the older console did

CoD is still the same CoD as before no matter how they tart it up, nintendo may well not have the power or whatever, but i admire their inventiveness and attempt to try and change the way the market is, lets be honest, its fucking soul destroying see the same shit released year on yera and cunts lap it up like its all brand new (yeah im look at you fifa)

But the content is still better. There's no getting around it, the content is far superior even if a lot of the time, the big franchises don't make big changes to their games.

26 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

But the content is still better. There's no getting around it, the content is far superior even if a lot of the time, the big franchises don't make big changes to their games.

yeah the content in undeniably better, devs will prefer the more powerful consoles to showcase their talents, however apart from the major fanboys or hardcore gamers, most are probably put off by the endless recycled games released year on year

i havent looked into the switch at all tbh, however when the wii came out and to an extent the wii u, i did play it for a good bit with the wee man purely because it was different, i remember playing pirates of the Caribbean on the wii and being knackered because you were literally sword fighting instead of pushing a few buttons, it was good and it was addictive, along with mario kart wii

i just dont see the attraction in seeing the same games released yearly with wee tit bits changed to fool people, obviously others do as the game sell millions of copies, i guess im just glad that someone continually tries something different and hope that eventually they hit a goldmine idea

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

yeah the content in undeniably better, devs will prefer the more powerful consoles to showcase their talents, however apart from the major fanboys or hardcore gamers, most are probably put off by the endless recycled games released year on year

i havent looked into the switch at all tbh, however when the wii came out and to an extent the wii u, i did play it for a good bit with the wee man purely because it was different, i remember playing pirates of the Caribbean on the wii and being knackered because you were literally sword fighting instead of pushing a few buttons, it was good and it was addictive, along with mario kart wii

i just dont see the attraction in seeing the same games released yearly with wee tit bits changed to fool people, obviously others do as the game sell millions of copies, i guess im just glad that someone continually tries something different and hope that eventually they hit a goldmine idea

You have to remember that the Wii was a novelty system, people got sick of it pretty quickly, I know so many people that bought one, loved it for a month, then it gathered dust. People like to have a controller in their hand and just pressing buttons, flailing your arms about like a downy having a chug wears thin pretty fast.

And the attraction is that despite franchise games being often quite unoriginal in comparison to their previous titles, they are still highly enjoyable games to play online. If the games were single player based and were just rehashed games then they wouldn't sell, but it's the online play that makes these franchises sell so well and makes the consoles so popular.

On 15/01/2017 at 10:02 AM, watty. said:

Any cunt that pays 100 for a controller is a mug imo.especially when the standard is half the price.

The elite controller is the best controller ever made.  My only problem is the weight of the thing as I have an illness that affects my left arm and hand at times so the extra weight does not help for playing a period of time, this would not bother normal gamers thou. Only used for about 6 hours because of this problem, and played pro evo which felt smoother and racing games with the attachments underneath make it so much better and more enjoyable also

It gets the thumbs up from me because it is not made of plastic and feels solid but fthe overall gameplay is better,smoother, sharper than the normal controller, it comes in its own case with every attachment imaginable,  yes it expensive but itsfar superior in every way than the average controller and I forked out for one and can't use it ?.

P.s It was £119rrp 

3 hours ago, Copland bear said:

The elite controller is the best controller ever made.  My only problem is the weight of the thing as I have an illness that affects my left arm and hand at times so the extra weight does not help for playing a period of time, this would not bother normal gamers thou. Only used for about 6 hours because of this problem, and played pro evo which felt smoother and racing games with the attachments underneath make it so much better and more enjoyable also

It gets the thumbs up from me because it is not made of plastic and feels solid but fthe overall gameplay is better,smoother, sharper than the normal controller, it comes in its own case with every attachment imaginable,  yes it expensive but itsfar superior in every way than the average controller and I forked out for one and can't use it ?.

P.s It was £119rrp 

How can you say its the best controller ever made if you can't use it? :lol: 

19 hours ago, lidorfc said:

He just wants to justify his purchase ??

Why would I want to justify myself?   I only stated that it was a far superior controller to the one out the  box, If it was not for my left hand it would not have been a problem but that's a chance I took and I new this when buying it  

Easily get £80 on it when I get around to selling it so not really a big deal.  If you played an hour with both controllers you would not want to give the elite back.

But what I am trying to justify was buying the Xbox one , Hate what they did with pro evo yet again 

20 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How can you say its the best controller ever made if you can't use it? :lol: 

When I say can't I mean for a period of time, I can't play for hours on end like a used to now as any period of time can give me pain, just the extra few gram after half can make all the difference to someone like me.

This controller sold out last Christmas everywhere and only eBay had them available and they wanted £150 upwards. 

Just now, Copland bear said:

When I say can't I mean for a period of time, I can't play for hours on end like a used to now as any period of time can give me pain, just the extra few gram after half can make all the difference to someone like me.

This controller sold out last Christmas everywhere and only eBay had them available and they wanted £150 upwards. 

Mugs,everyone that bought one.

My pals got one and I've used it plenty of times playing FIFA in his house,the only difference is the weight imo.

One hundred and fifty fucking quid when this costs around forty,unbelievable.

716FAawazkL._SL1500_.jpg

15 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Mugs,everyone that bought one.

My pals got one and I've used it plenty of times playing FIFA in his house,the only difference is the weight imo.

One hundred and fifty fucking quid when this costs around forty,unbelievable.

716FAawazkL._SL1500_.jpg

The only difference is weight?  Away and read up on the controller, it is far more than just weight, this is the best controller Microsoft have ever released , you play a racing game you change the triggers underneath which are fantastic, you can change the height of your thumb stick , you can even programme it, 

I take it you have heard of Scuff controllers? Well the elite it better than them yet the basic one is not..

Yes £120 is expensive but when the plastic one is £50 then to me that is way overpriced.

Regardless of price, it is a marvellous controller smd wash your mouth out FIFA?

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

anyone bought one of these? my sons now asking for one for xmas as he wants Super Mario Odyssey :anger:

Yeh, I bought one straight away.

It suits my gameplay habits because I just don't get time to sit down and play on a console but I can play it when the misses is watching her shite tv programs.

18 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Yeh, I bought one straight away.

It suits my gameplay habits because I just don't get time to sit down and play on a console but I can play it when the misses is watching her shite tv programs.

the price is fucking outrageous though ,are there a lot of good games or is it all novelty shite?

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

the price is fucking outrageous though ,are there a lot of good games or is it all novelty shite?

What's outrageous about it? It's far fucking cheaper than what the PS4 and Xbox was when released. The fact that it can act as a handheld as well as a home console is worth it alone. Not to mention the amount of third party games still to come. 

The Wii/Wii U may have been a little too "novelty shite" but the Switch is a game changer imo. 

Given that, next Christmas is probably a better time to pick one up, when you've got an even bigger selection of games to pick from. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

See, I disagree. It's no different from all the other console prices in the past. The Xbox and PS4 were in fact were far more. The vita was the same price and the specs on the switch are far higher.

I personally don't think its a novelty. The idea of the hybrid and the way it works is fantastic. Graphically it's not a patch on the other consoles but being able to take your games anyway is a massive plus for me. It compliments my PC.

I think Nintendo has learnt it's lesson from the Wii U, if it can continue with the third parties and constant trickle of first party games, it'll be a massive. 

Zelda and Mario have been a joy to play. I preferred Zelda, the game is genuinely one of the best I've ever played.

4 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

See, I disagree. It's no different from all the other console prices in the past. The Xbox and PS4 were in fact were far more. The vita was the same price and the specs on the switch are far higher.

I personally don't think its a novelty. The idea of the hybrid and the way it works is fantastic. Graphically it's not a patch on the other consoles but being able to take your games anyway is a massive plus for me. It compliments my PC.

I think Nintendo has learnt it's lesson from the Wii U, if it can continue with the third parties and constant trickle of first party games, it'll be a massive. 

Zelda and Mario have been a joy to play. I preferred Zelda, the game is genuinely one of the best I've ever played.

42 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

What's outrageous about it? It's far fucking cheaper than what the PS4 and Xbox was when released. The fact that it can act as a handheld as well as a home console is worth it alone. Not to mention the amount of third party games still to come. 

The Wii/Wii U may have been a little too "novelty shite" but the Switch is a game changer imo. 

Given that, next Christmas is probably a better time to pick one up, when you've got an even bigger selection of games to pick from. 

in the past,  agreed,  but i didn't buy a PS4 until it was down in price - even now i probably play my PS3 more than the 4 as my sons on that and i don't see much difference in CoD games (all i play really).

cheers for the advice though, i just dont want to buy it and 3 months later it's not getting used.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

in the past,  agreed,  but i didn't buy a PS4 until it was down in price - even now i probably play my PS3 more than the 4 as my sons on that and i don't see much difference in CoD games (all i play really).

cheers for the advice though, i just dont want to buy it and 3 months later it's not getting used.

It's still a costly present for a child, I don't disagree there. Nintendo have said they are going to have steady release of games, so it shouldn't be dumped in a few months. I can't see the switch failing now. Especially when they announced Pokemon for it. 

On 31/10/2017 at 09:49, Brian Fantana said:

anyone bought one of these? my sons now asking for one for xmas as he wants Super Mario Odyssey :anger:

I'm buying the wee man one for Christmaa,. You won't get any change from £500 by the time you get everything, the controllers are £55 ffs 

Im waiting till Black Friday and getting him the lot right down to a carry case but will pick it up with a game or two bundle