Get yer coats King and Murray

AlCapone

10 minutes ago, B1872 said:

So it's the boards fault our tactics, team selections, formation, signings and defending is rank rotten?!?! Geez peace FS!

The board inherited an absolute mess of a club. If we were still under the last regime we'd be languishing in the Championship or even worse. The same posters rear their heads yet again as soon as we get beat. The just can't take the fact they backed the wrong horse. Cunts are worse than the yessers!!!!! ??

Your absolutely clueless making a post like that.

No-ones blaming the board for Warburton's failings. There's equal fault between the board and Warburton. The problem is 2-fold.

Wtf are you talking about backing wrong horses and worse than yessers?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

and how do you get the income from European football? you spend (that's King's failings) and you spend wisely (that's Warburton's failings)

You are suggesting the alternative is to not to spend and just hope we get this European football by sheer magic like this?

I think it you that need's to "get a grip" where's the ambition?

No you get access to Europen football by beating a god awful Hibs team in a cup final.

It's not Kings fault we have signed defenders who can't even head a football.

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

No you get access to Europen football by beating a god awful Hibs team in a cup final.

Its Kings fault that the managers budget was so low that here was no room for error

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

You don't get Champions League football through a back door by beating Hibs in a Scottish Cup final.

There's no money in Europa League football. When we got to the final a few years ago we made something like 9 million and most of it was paid back out in bonuses for doing well on the run.

I like the thought of Europa league football. We need to be in that higher platform and performing in it for the prestige and to develop the brand again but that's not where the money is.

I take your points about Warburton's failings. I agree with you.

I can't argue with anyone that also says if King was to finally come good with his promises - would you trust Warburton with the cash after spending 2m on Garner and half a million on O'Halloran and they don't play.

It's a clusterfuck but the fact remains if you want to get European Champions League money in then you need to invest to do it. That's not up for debate.

5 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Its Kings fault that the managers budget was so low that here was no room for error

Warbs was given more than enough money to beat a woeful Hibs side who had a 19 stone out of shape heart attack in waiting as keeper that day.

Sorry but the excuses for Warburton are wearing thin.

He's signed 4 CB's now and every one is utter baws, even with a limited budget others teams in Scotland bring in half decent players.

7 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

fact, youre the one copping out. man up and have some ambition. We are Rangers

Ah right.  Ambition has to be tempered with realism.

"We are Rangers" is true and our ambition will always be to be the best but it has to be built on solid foundations otherwise it's highly likely to collapse.  Then you can shout "We were Rangers".  Sure you'd be happy though, 'cause it would mean the end of King.  Or maybe you'd blame him for spending money we don't have?  Win/win for you, lose/lose for the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Warbs was given more than enough money to beat a woeful Hibs side who had a 19 stone out of shape heart attack in waiting as keeper that day.

Sorry but the excuses for Warburton are wearing thin.

He's signed 4 CB's now and every one is utter baws, even with a limited budget others teams in Scotland bring in half decent players.

We are Rangers, C*ltic are the yardstick not Hibs.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

"We are Rangers" is true and our ambition will always be to be the best but it has to be built on solid foundations otherwise it's highly likely to collapse.  Then you can shout "We were Rangers".  Sure you'd be happy though, 'cause it would mean the end of King.  Or maybe you'd blame him for spending money we don't have?  Win/win for you, lose/lose for the rest of us.

cop out

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

You don't get Champions League football through a back door by beating Hibs in a Scottish Cup final.

There's no money in Europa League football. When we got to the final a few years ago we made something like 9 million and most of it was paid back out in bonuses for doing well on the run.

I like the thought of Europa league football. We need to be in that higher platform and performing in it for the prestige and to develop the brand again but that's not where the money is.

I take your points about Warburton's failings. I agree with you.

I can't argue with anyone that also says if King was to finally come good with his promises - would you trust Warburton with the cash after spending 2m on Garner and half a million on O'Halloran and they don't play.

It's a clusterfuck but the fact remains if you want to get European Champions League money in then you need to invest to do it. That's not up for debate.

If you agree that the mangers transfer policy is suspect then what's the point in handing him £10m to waste on players right now?

2 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

If you agree that the mangers transfer policy is suspect then what's the point in handing him £10m to waste on players right now?

What part of me saying I understood that line of thought didn't you understand?

50 minutes ago, The Dude said:

According to me? I've said nothing of the sort. 

When it comes to claiming something he said as a "promise", then yes the timing of it is pretty important. The first quote (£30-50m) was a year before he took control and about 8-9 months before any moves were made to try force a change in the boardroom. The second quote (£16-20m) is much more closer to being called a 'promise' as it was outlining what his plans would be should he succeed in the EGM that came shortly after the article was published. 

Selective reading - idiot.

Haven't read the thread so this may be off topic

Id rather have King than Ashley, that much is obvious but we shouldn't be accepting what is happening now just like we didn't back then

The supporters have backed the team and bought into Kings vision, it's up to him to deliver and so far it hasn't been what he promised

£30m he said, lucky if we have spent £5m

6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

You're obviously happy playing second fiddle to the scum and a few others the way things are going for the foreseeable future.

The only money king spent last summer is ours and god help us when that runs out. He's fucking pratted, but he has made sure if it all goes pete tong, it's a win/win for him and a lose/lose for the rest.

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and how do you get the income from European football? you spend (that's King's failings) and you spend wisely (that's Warburton's failings)

You are suggesting the alternative is to not to spend and just hope we get this European football by sheer magic like this?

I think it you that need's to "get a grip" where's the ambition?

You have hit the bullseye with that post (tu) King is a con man and always will be and to say I am disappointed in how our signings this summer have turned out would be a massive understatement. 

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What part of me saying I understood that line of thought didn't you understand?

What I don't understand is coming on here having a go at King for not spending zillions on players then in the next paragraph say that the manager would more or less waste that money anyway?

On a side note you get rid of King then Fat Ashley takes over again take your pick?  No one is coming into Rangers with a big vat of money and it's about time people understand that and stop advocating we spend our way out of this.

We need a good manager who can spot bargain players and make our existing players better with good coaching and tactis short term. The answer is not running up £30,000,000 debts to beat them for one season.

5 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

What I don't understand is coming on here having a go at King for not spending zillions on players then in the next paragraph say that the manager would more or less waste that money anyway?

On a side not you get rid of King then Fat Ashley takes over again take your pick?  No one is coming into Rangers with a big vat of money and it's about time people understand that and stop advocating we spend our way out of this.

We need a good manager who can spot bargain players and make our existing players better with good coaching and tactic short term. The answer is not running up £30,000,000 debts to beat them for one season.

We have to spend enough 

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're obviously happy playing second fiddle to the scum and a few others the way things are going for the foreseeable future.

The only money king spent last summer is ours and god help us when that runs out. He's fucking pratted, but he has made sure if it all goes pete tong, it's a win/win for him and a lose/lose for the rest.

We have to be realistic but it would also be a big mistake to just accept second place because one thing is for sure once we accept it it will surely happen 

Just now, Thermopylae said:

We have to spend enough 

We have spent enough to at least put up a challenge and win a cup or two.

Garner £1.800,000

MOH £500,000

Dodoo £250,000

Barton £20-25 thousand a week

Kranjcar £10-15 thousand a week

Etc etc

Show me a gaffer at any other club in Scotland bar "them" that's had anything near that amount of spending over the last 15 months or so.