Get yer coats King and Murray

AlCapone

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

fuck knows, any self respecting businessman wont come near us now due to king and his followers actions over 4 years

You think that's the reason why people with money don't want to invest in a Scottish football team. 

I would more put it down to the shit money in our game and the sport direct deals 

3 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I agree that King hasn't stumped up but does that mean that some players can go out today and not try a leg.

Thats all their capable of, they looked good against the championship teams because the opposition was shite. How long are we as a support willing to put up with this shite? 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

id say they did try, they are just about a league below the tarriers, there's a reason why the likes of waghorn, tav, windass etc were all in the lower english leagues, they did alright today, just that alright isnt anywhere near good enough anytmore

Fair point mate but I still think a few including the manager let themselves down today.

Just now, cameron1873 said:

You think that's the reason why people with money don't want to invest in a Scottish football team. 

I would more put it down to the shit money in our game and the sport direct deals 

Scottish football is shite but dont become Dave King and say all our woes are down to the SD deal. If he gave us money we would be winning and he'd get a return from champions league money. The cunt is a waste and should fuck off. 

2 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

shite money in our game but euro football brings home the bacon, retail isnt worth that much, but even then, would you invest in a club knowing full well that if a certain group doesnt like you, you will face daily attacks both fair and foul because you arent a rangers fan

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

shite money in our game but euro football brings home the bacon, retail isnt worth that much, but even then, would you invest in a club knowing full well that if a certain group doesnt like you, you will face daily attacks both fair and foul because you arent a rangers fan

I would imagine if someone came to the board with serious cash they would like them very much 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Scottish football is shite but dont become Dave King and say all our woes are down to the SD deal. If he gave us money we would be winning and he'd get a return from champions league money. The cunt is a waste and should fuck off. 

I agree we need investment. So who do you suggest 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

let themselves down or simply not good enough, id say option B

It's absolutely option B. 

People have the same level of expectations for this squad that they had for our squad the last time we were in the top flight even though it was assembled at a fraction of the cost and has a fraction of the quality.

3 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

I would imagine if someone came to the board with serious cash they would like them very much 

not if it reduced their hold on rangers, thats all mini and co care about, they dont give a shit about winning or losing, they just want the prestige of owning the club on the cheap

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Thats all their capable of, they looked good against the championship teams because the opposition was shite. How long are we as a support willing to put up with this shite? 

I agree that the investment has been poor but I still think we're capable of better that today.

As for King he has to step on his promises or let someone who can take the club forward takeover,God only knows who that is.

The club are never going to get back to their old level while they're stuck in the Scottish League. There is no way of generating decent revenue here under the current system and investors would even prefer to put the money into English League 1 football than up here.

Other than spending enough to guarantee late stage Champions League football every single season, there are few decent revenue schemes available otherwise.

I reckon any investor at Ibrox would need to spend £30m on the field immediately and as much off it to let the club get back to any level of dominance. If the club ever wanted an Advocaat style team, under modern pricing you'd be talking £150m - £200m and the players wouldn't come to Scotland in this day and age anyway as we missed up on many top names back then. Most of the team would be second or third choice guys in terms of what would be wanted.

The only way forward for Rangers is to leave Scotland and we missed that option when our membership of the SPL expired.

We should have refused to play in the lower leagues. I would have preferred to sit it out rather than play at that level.