FIFA - Again !

Larry-AV

14 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

There was teams in the EPL that had a poppy on there tops also as do many teams this decision really reeks of a political statement as more to wearing the poppy being political.

Ironic how the politicizing of the poppy isn't a political stance. Are national anthems or team colours political too? Since the poppy is for all colours, creeds and denominations surely its more inclusive than any national anthem that proclaims love for a particular nationality or even worse the superiority of a particular nationality over others?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The government should remind these scumbags that it was our fathers blood that liberated Europe when they were crawling on their bellies under the jackboot.

The FA and the SFA should then grow a pair of balls and put the poppies on the shirts and have a minutes silence 

If FIFA levy a fine they should remind them that it was the FA and the SFA who put them back on their feet financially after 1945 with a benefit match to raise funds.

Remember

All Gave Some

but

Some Gave All

Fifa and uefa have always been ran with scum terrorist nazi ira sympathising corrupt shite ! They ban the poppy and this has been condoned . . .:sherlock:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/euro2016/anger-at-republic-of-ireland-teams-easter-rising-tribute-shirt-34506231.html

I dont see how this is political in any way shape or form. Remembrance day has been celebrated for decades regardless of the political party in power. I would like to hear the main political party leaders object to remembrance day and the wearing of the poppy. They would be out a job by the end of the week - regardless of party.

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Fucking disgusting, what has the world come to?

Was earlier looking up which calculus books were best to get to help me with my course, on the first page I went into people were discussing racist mathematics.

W T F?

Apparently from what I've read maths such as parts of calculus is racist because of its difficulty. Minorities tend not to have the best education and require some kind of less abstract way to understand maths, so a simplified way of understanding it.

I mean what the fuck is going on? The world is turning insane!

PS if anyone can be my online maths buddy I'll be more than grateful, I may be a white British male but I'm struggling.

Racist Maths. ???

Thats got to be a wind up surely. My son has just started his engineering degree and feels like he is drowning. He is like that all the time at the start of something new to learn, after a few weeks he finds his feet and laughs about the panic. He will be the exact same when the next new thing comes along. ?

23 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

So what's mandatory here? Any individual can opt out of wearing a poppy (McLean), this decision is about denying those that wish to show respect the opportunity.

Pay your respects before the match at 11am. Wear a poppy if you want. Pay your respects on Sunday.

For the record - I will wear a poppy 

3 hours ago, Dazzler said:

The government's should get involved and press FIFA to explain why it's wrong to remember the fallen? Absolutely disgraceful.

Will not hold my breath waiting on the scottish government pushing for poppies on the pink strip. Sad but the truth of the matter. Too many lord haw haws among there ranks.

31 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Racist Maths. ???

Thats got to be a wind up surely. My son has just started his engineering degree and feels like he is drowning. He is like that all the time at the start of something new to learn, after a few weeks he finds his feet and laughs about the panic. He will be the exact same when the next new thing comes along. ?

https://www.atm.org.uk/write/mediauploads/journals/mt132/mt132-90-21-25.pdf

It's not sadly mate, I find it disgusting that such a universal thing as maths is now being called racist. 

Seeing that last night, and waking up to the news of the FIFA poppy ban just shows how crazy this world is.

When are people going to realise there will always be unhappy people in the world no matter what you do, because we are all so different!

The world is run by a bunch of mindless cunts top to bottom.

24 minutes ago, Khana Lagur said:

Pay your respects before the match at 11am. Wear a poppy if you want. Pay your respects on Sunday.

For the record - I will wear a poppy 

Aren't you now prescribing how and when people should show respect/ wear a poppy ?

If the FA, SFA, both sets of players and both sets of fans are happy enough to wear the poppy and observe a minutes silence prior to kick-off where's the problem?

Saw this on the BBC site this morning.  I actually couldn't believe this is an issue... Not allowed to wear a poppy?  Fuck FIFA.  Ignore them and if they make a stink about it.. make it a huge deal.  The tabloids would crucify FIFA (I hope) (tu)

To deny the right to express thanks to all who fought, and remembrance of all who never returned home, is dictatorial and not what they fought for ...... a world free of tyranny ..... and should be challenged at all times.

The world has gone mad when we are not allowed to respect and remember the fallen.

:ukflag:

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

https://www.atm.org.uk/write/mediauploads/journals/mt132/mt132-90-21-25.pdf

It's not sadly mate, I find it disgusting that such a universal thing as maths is now being called racist. 

Seeing that last night, and waking up to the news of the FIFA poppy ban just shows how crazy this world is.

When are people going to realise there will always be unhappy people in the world no matter what you do, because we are all so different!

The world is run by a bunch of mindless cunts top to bottom.

I'll need to tell him he's been raciall discriminated against when he comes in tonight. 

My other son is dyslexic, wonder if he knows he has his own wee race of people. Never stopped him passing all his highers, wonder what the PC brigade would say about that. ?

3 hours ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

The Scotland set up will probably be delighted with this. It should keep the tartan trannies happy.

Why? Scottish casualties in World War 1 were higher per populace than the rest of the home nation's. It's not like the questionable wars in the middle east, the British Empire had to intervene when Germany invaded Belgium, these men died fighting to protect the British Isles and decent folk on the continent. Nobody should be delighted by a tribute in memory of them being blocked by a corrupt footballing organisation.

16 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

What's political about wearing a poppy, it's a mark of rememberance, all political parties wear it, do they allow black armbands when someone dies ?

You would expect the powers at the FA are pursuing this "IF" that is what they wish.
Remember recently this lot apologised for the anti ira/pira singing recently.
It's just made the National news.
If I remember correctly FIFA allowed the fai to celebrate the anniversary of 1916 with a badge solely designed for that event.  :uk: 
Surely fifa cannot be as hypocritical as the east end rebels.

I think that this, unsurprisingly, makes FIFA look like a bunch of out of touch, hypocritical, self-contradictory idiots.

At every match, they trot out their RESPECT banners and agenda, which I think is fine as it's all inclusive, yet they want to outlaw a respectful commemoration of those who gave their lives fighting for freedom for all against the oppression, bigotry and anti-Semitism of Hitler's warmongering fascist regime? doh 

They're not fit for purpose. In fact, it's pretty much (Stewart) Reganesque.

You never hear any of the many Germans living here complain about it, because they know it's not anti-German or xenophobic.

Mind you, FIFA did ban the Germans themselves, but only after the Nazi regime was defeated.

Both Germany (still occupied and partitioned) and Japan (still occupied) were not permitted to participate in qualification. The French-occupied Saarland had been accepted by FIFA two weeks before the World Cup, several months before the German Football Association (DFB) was reinstated, while Soviet-occupied East Germany had not yet founded a football association. Italy, Austria, and other countries that had been involved in the World War as allies of Germany, were not subject to international sanctions, and Italy qualified automatically as defending champions of 1938.

They're all over the place on this one.

Why are people in power such cretins?