The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

I see Jim White is reporting on twitter that a deal has been done...."According to sources, mutual contract termination agreed between Joey Barton and @RangersFC - should be finalised Wednesday".

Good.  This needs to be concluded very soon.   Nobody is coming out of this well.....although Barton will probably get a shed load of money ......he (like McCoist) has a contract to be honoured.     The aftermath though in terms of bad reputation for Rangers and Warburton and Barton will linger a lot longer

5 minutes ago, Amato said:

Hopefully he arrives tomorrow morning and knuckles down to training before the meeting where they formalise the terms of his exit. If he gets the finger out he could still redeem himself, earn a stay of execution and end up being a key player for us

Do you still put a tooth under your pillow for the tooth fairy.

40 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Good riddance to the cunt,he came up here thinking it would be a breeze in the park and his first mistake was not going to America for pre season your instead he choose to commentate on the euros thinking he could come up here without a proper pre season and still perform and no would be able to get near him.

how wrong he was because he looked slow and unfit from the off,Scottish footballs standard might be shit but every single player tries and simple fact is Barton failed up here and got found out.

He couldn't go to America because of his criminal record.

He did come here thinking it would be a breeze right enough. I said before I think he knew his legs were going but he underestimated Scottish football.

3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

He couldn't go to America because of his criminal record.

He did come here thinking it would be a breeze right enough. I said before I think he knew his legs were going but he underestimated Scottish football.

Hope Burnley and Aston Villa are aware that his legs are going, according to the article they are interested in him.

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I see Jim White is reporting on twitter that a deal has been done...."According to sources, mutual contract termination agreed between Joey Barton and @RangersFC - should be finalised Wednesday".

Good.  This needs to be concluded very soon.   Nobody is coming out of this well.....although Barton will probably get a shed load of money ......he (like McCoist) has a contract to be honoured.     The aftermath though in terms of bad reputation for Rangers and Warburton and Barton will linger a lot longer

No it won't 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Hope Burnley and Aston Villa are aware that his legs are going, according to the article they are interested in him.

Must be the weight of they two big fat suitcases that he'll be carrying away from here affecting his legs !:sherlock:

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

Hope the board have got some sort of gagging order in play as part of the settlement, because if they don't the minute he's out the door Barton will turn up the heat big style on Warburton. 

Yes and we as season ticket holders should know why our marquee singing ended up in this position 

8 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Joey will have his glasses on the end of his nose tweeting like a man possessed tomorrow, keyboard will be pounded bad mouthing everything and everybody about our club, if anyones gullible enough to believe the egotistical tweeting twit.

Pretty sure there will be some sort of confidentiality agreement in place.