Can the O'Halloran wank fest please stop now?

K.A.I

2 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Who's going to start ahead of him? McKay? Waghorn? Forrester? Dodoo? All players who are horribly off form and have offered much less. So you'd rather them start over him? I think you'll find he is a much better option than all of them seeing as he gets played out wide and is actually a winger. 

At least he can get to a bye-line unlike any other forward in our team. And it's clear he does more than "nothing" when he gets to a bye-line. To say otherwise then you're just denying what your eyes see. He ripped apart the St Johnstone full back and the Killie full back while offering much more during sub appearances compared to those that started games.

The "wank fest" was deserved and it'll continue seeing as there's no other viable player to take his place.  

1- Forrester should start ahead of him. 

2- That's great - you can get to the bye-line. What good is getting there if you can't cut it across, find a man or score? even McKay get's to the bye-line.

3- Wank fest deserved :lol: 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree. But it's now apparent he's not the solution either. I suspected as much but now, what the OP is about, can people stop the wank fest thinking he's some sort of amazing player and the answer to all our problems when he's clearly not. 

"Apparent he's not the solution". Based on one game?? He was close to being our best player in the last 2 games. Your logic simply doesn't work.

And let's say all our players are not good enough. Why would you want to drop the only player we have who can get the ball into the box by running with it? That's why people wanted him in, because he was what we were crying out for. Especially at home, where we have been struggling to break through teams which are defensive or well organised. The Kilmarnock game proved he could make that difference.

Edit: Amazing that McKay gets 7 months of poor performances before being dropped. Your saying MOH should get one game?

I must admit I am feeling less and less connected to this team simply because they are all bang average. Somewhere deep within I keep hoping this group will come good and we'll get back to pre admin levels asap. With the current board I don't see that happening.

Another reason we are being charged pre administration levels for ST'S yet been served sub standard pish.

Call it been spoiled or whatever but we are a massive club so they standards or expectations should never change and they wont for me.

Get a fuckin grip Rangers!

Just now, K.A.I said:

2- That's great - you can get to the bye-line. What good is getting there if you can't cut it across, find a man or score? even McKay get's to the bye-line.

1. Forrester has shown why he's never really made it at a big club, terribly inconsistent.

2. Garner/Miller/Waggy should be getting front of the defender and midfielders should be the ones in the box for a late run...That's not MOH fault.  Comparing McKay to him is stupid, McKay gets to the by line then shits it, try to step back and falls over his own feet or gives possession away cause he weighs about 2 stone soaking wet.

2 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

"Apparent he's not the solution". Based on one game?? He was close to being our best player in the last 2 games. Your logic simply doesn't work.

And let's say all our players are not good enough. Why would you want to drop the only player we have who can get the ball into the box by running with it? That's why people wanted him in, because he was what we were crying out for. Especially at home, where we have been struggling to break through teams which are defensive or well organised. The Kilmarnock game proved he could make that difference.

Edit: Amazing that McKay gets 7 months of poor performances before being dropped. MOH gets one game??

No not based on one game. Fuck sake. 

1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

1. Forrester has shown why he's never really made it at a big club, terribly inconsistent.

2. Garner/Miller/Waggy should be getting front of the defender and midfielders should be the ones in the box for a late run...That's not MOH fault.  Comparing McKay to him is stupid, McKay gets to the by line then shits it, try to step back and falls over his own feet or gives possession away cause he weighs about 2 stone soaking wet.

Again, I don't think anyone's that great but was asked a question and I think Forrester is the best option. For me personally. 

He might not get to bye-lines like MOH does but he offers more overall in a creative sense. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

1 - Off what evidence? A nice through ball in the first game of the season? He was completely invisible except a shot he had in the first 5 minutes against St Johnstone when he started on the wing. Is that your standard of starting 11 player? Much better in the midfield 3 than out wide. 

2 - He's cut it a cross numerous times. MCKAY GETS TO THE BYE-LINE? Fuck sake didn't know we traveled back in time to the start of the 15/16 season. The boy can't even imagine beating a man never mind actually doing so.

3- Compared to the rest of the dross in the side? Absolutely. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Again, I don't think anyone's that great but was asked a question and I think Forrester is the best option. For me personally. 

He might not get to bye-lines like MOH does but he offers more overall in a creative sense. 

Technically a better player, all about opinions mate.  Would rather see a change in formation rather than personnel

Just now, JamesRFC__ said:

1 - Off what evidence? A nice through ball in the first game of the season? He was completely invisible except a shot he had in the first 5 minutes against St Johnstone when he started on the wing. Is that your standard of starting 11 player? Much better in the midfield 3 than out wide. 

2 - He's cut it a cross numerous times. MCKAY GETS TO THE BYE-LINE? Fuck sake didn't know we traveled back in time to the start of the 15/16 season. The boy can't even imagine beating a man never mind actually doing so.

3- Compared to the rest of the dross in the side? Absolutely. 

Our opinions aren't actually all that different. Re-read and take in what I said. 

30 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Remember the context though. McKay was really shit for weeks, which was why folk wanted MOH to play.

Not because he's gods gift, because the team needed changed.

This^. Plus I get sick to my back teeth of all the "He's a taig" shite that some on here are are constantly spouting. I dont give a fuck if he's Proddy, RC, Muslim, or Martian; he's got pace and offers more of a threat than the vast majority on the team, so why not give him a run of games? Trouble is, even when he crosses it into the box there's very few if any in this selection of dross that will do anything with it. He may have been sub-par today, but so was the entire Queen's XI. This is where we're at.

3 minutes ago, delparlane said:

This^. Plus I get sick to my back teeth of all the "He's a taig" shite that some on here are are constantly spouting. I dont give a fuck if he's Proddy, RC, Muslim, or Martian; he's got pace and offers more of a threat than the vast majority on the team, so why not give him a run of games? Trouble is, even when he crosses it into the box there's very few if any in this selection of dross that will do anything with it. He may have been sub-par today, but so was the entire Queen's XI. This is where we're at.

I don't care if he's Catholic mate. Some of our best players in the past 30 years have been. I don't like their religion but that's me - if your a good player and you can do us a turn I don't really care. 

But IMO MOH isn't a good player. He's not fit to lace some of our Catholic players boots that's done us turns through the years.

I've been re-reading and I appreciate it does look like I'm picking on MOH but that's not my intention. It's more getting a point across to the tiresome people on here that think they know everything about football but IMO know nothing. 

MOH was not our worst player today, he's not even our worst attacking player at that - it's the clamour for him to play based on nothing. Nothing that I've seen from him in his time here. No end product. Over-rated etc.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I don't care if he's Catholic mate. Some of our best players in the past 30 years have been. I don't like their religion but that's me - if your a good player and you can do us a turn I don't really care. 

But IMO MOH isn't a good player. He's not fit to lace some of our Catholic players boots that's done us turns through the years.

I've been re-reading and I appreciate it does look like I'm picking on MOH but that's not my intention. It's more getting a point across to the tiresome people on here that think they know everything about football but IMO know nothing. 

MOH was not our worst player today, he's not even our worst attacking player at that - it's the clamour for him to play based on nothing. Nothing that I've seen from him in his time here. No end product. Over-rated etc.

Fair dues m8, everyone's entitled to their own opinion so no worries. I do think MOH would do much better with more quality surrounding him, but's that's me speculating as there's no way to tell with what we currently have. For me, this game apart, he's been our best player the past few games (granted, that's not saying a lot) so I'd be happy to see him continue to to have a starting place. Every single player needs to ratchet up their performances, though - not one of our starting XI gets a pass with crap like we witnessed today.

I agreed with a large chunk of the OP regarding how shite, spineless and how severely lacking in quality we are, to name a few. It's pretty indisputable at this point. 

And I'm not sitting here making O'Halloran out to be some sort of footballing dynamo who on his day matches the likes of Messi. HOWEVER, I was absolutely sick of turning up on a Saturday like we all were seeing how slow and uncreative we played especially in the final third. The past 2 home games though we actually had a player in O'Halloran who was pacey, direct, could beat a man and got the crowd excited. He put a ball across goal last week that was begging for a tap in, laid a good ball off to Garner who got a shot in, and beat 2 players and went through to shoot himself. He generally does do lot more than just get to a bye-line then do nothing. 

Everyone wanted a change to how we were playing and he offered us something new. That's why most people including myself are crying out for him to start more. I'd much rather see him beat a man 6 times and fail a couple of times than watch any other forward we have just pass a ball backwards because they don't have the ability nor confidence to do anything else. 

3 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

I agreed with a large chunk of the OP regarding how shite, spineless and how severely lacking in quality we are, to name a few. It's pretty indisputable at this point. 

And I'm not sitting here making O'Halloran out to be some sort of footballing dynamo who on his day matches the likes of Messi. HOWEVER, I was absolutely sick of turning up on a Saturday like we all were seeing how slow and uncreative we played especially in the final third. The past 2 home games though we actually had a player in O'Halloran who was pacey, direct, could beat a man and got the crowd excited. He put a ball across goal last week that was begging for a tap in, laid a good ball off to Garner who got a shot in, and beat 2 players and went through to shoot himself. He generally does do lot more than just get to a bye-line then do nothing. 

Everyone wanted a change to how we were playing and he offered us something new. That's why most people including myself are crying out for him to start more. I'd much rather see him beat a man 6 times and fail a couple of times than watch any other forward we have just pass a ball backwards because they don't have the ability nor confidence to do anything else. 

Aye all that's fair enough. I do get it. Honestly do.

I'm wondering if the shouting about it will cease now as IMO he's no better than the rest of the dross we have as attacking options.

You can literally put any 3 of them in that starting line up and the end result will always be the same. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Honestly he's utter shite.

He's not the only one, but he seems to be the one everyone shouts from the roof tops to play based on fuck-all.

I'm not picking on him but he was pish at St Johnstone too, everyone seen him play well against Danny Wilson and Rob Kiernan (two of our worst ever defenders in recent years) and thought he was Van Basten or something. 

Also it does not really matter what others play in that forward 3. Different day same shit - they're all awful - Dodoo, Waghorn, McKay, O'Halloran, Garner.

Our tempo was good and the effort was there but there's no quality there against the leagues bottom side.

Holt and Halliday again in our engine room. Fucking hell. 

Should have even lost it at the end there too. Sloppy, spineless bastards the lot of them.

We have the wrong people in charge of our club at every level - on and off the park - Footballing side, coaching side, PR side, boardroom level, scouting, youths you name it. 

Big time!

I do have a wee soft spot for MOH in the way he has been treated as he is one of very few of our players who have top tier experience. I don't know why he bought him then benched him and there was indeed worse dross in front of him. Don't get it. I would have fucked off long ago if I was him, but of course the wages talk.

Warburton is no man manager, far less a football manager and YES we do have the wrong people in charge of our club at every level..

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye all that's fair enough. I do get it. Honestly do.

I'm wondering if the shouting about it will cease now as IMO he's no better than the rest of the dross we have as attacking options.

You can literally put any 3 of them in that starting line up and the end result will always be the same. 

I'd imagine it will to be honest simply for the fact that he's been given the chance in the starting 11 now. I think he'll get another start against Dundee purely for the fact that we don't have another forward who's coming on and putting their name in the hat to replace him. Or to replace the other front 2 for that matter. 

I think that's the most frustrating thing for a lot of us. So many attacking players but so many are playing bang average against utter dross. The in-consistency of the front three as well. Bit of progress against Killie, 2 steps back against County. Baffling. 

3 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

I'd imagine it will to be honest simply for the fact that he's been given the chance in the starting 11 now. I think he'll get another start against Dundee purely for the fact that we don't have another forward who's coming on and putting their name in the hat to replace him. Or to replace the other front 2 for that matter. 

I think that's the most frustrating thing for a lot of us. So many attacking players but so many are playing bang average against utter dross. The in-consistency of the front three as well. Bit of progress against Killie, 2 steps back against County. Baffling. 

Yeah I agree and that's a good point. 

Frustrating as fuck we have about 5-6 attackers going for they 3 spots and no-one really steps upto the plate and makes it their own.

In theory it should be the strongest and most powerful area of the park and they should be at peak level and top of their game to win their place and stay there.