Realistically who would you have as Rangers manager?

Jamie0202

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have taken big Eck back before the wee snide dig about EBTs on that Rangers bashing show BBC Scotland put on a few months back but now I would not go near him if things don't go well in the tax case that clip will be used by the hang Rangers high brigade.

Would maybe go down to England and look for experienced guys to bring some fresh ideas in.

The one thing we can't do if and when MW goes is bring in another novice like the last two gaffer's. 

17 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Would have taken big Eck back before the wee snide dig about EBTs on that Rangers bashing show BBC Scotland put on a few months back but now I would not go near him if things don't go well in the tax case that clip will be used by the hang Rangers high brigade.

Would maybe go down to England and look for experienced guys to bring some fresh ideas in.

The one thing we can't do if and when MW goes is bring in another novice like the last two gaffer's.

The thing about that is that a lot of managers at the lower levels in England can have ten or fifteen years experience but they would still be 'novices' if they got our job because all they've ever done is manage small menial clubs where a win every three games is deemed acceptable.

We need somebody who either has experience managing at a top club with big demands or extensive experience in European football.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

McLeish, Smith, Calderwood, De Boer, Garde, McInnes, McCall, O'Neill, SAF, Warnock...

People are in for a shock if Warburton is sacked. 

I agree there will be shock if Warburton is sacked, he'll get the Xmas window, no improvement then the board will be looking for someone new next season but that makes Kings statement about ..we must have European football ..pointless, much like everything else he says.

42 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

I'm expecting it to be Bomber tbh

Said that earlier in this thread , slightly tongue in cheek but after last weeks AGM I believe that's the route the board will go down . He will come in and steady the ship like McCall probably achieving the same sort of results but it will be seen as enough to earn him the job full time .

Anyone who thinks that King and  the board are going to pay off MW &DW then push the boat out on another high profile boss are dreaming IMO .

Performances and more importantly results are nowhere near good enough nor are they acceptable from any Rangers side and the message has to be made to the manager from the Boardroom and the stands , that signs of progress must be seen on the pitch and we won't continue to be fobbed of by the "trained well , we'll learn from it & the players had a frank and angry team meeting " 

I still think that MW can turn things round and have us playing to our potential and in a position to challenge properly next season , but I accept that performances like last night will not be tolerated and he's probably only a few of them away from losing the backing of the majority of the fans . When that happens then unfortunately there's only one outcome .

1 hour ago, Jelavic191 said:

I'm expecting it to be Bomber tbh

Probably on par with what King wants to spend. Kidding aside, if Warburton does go then I honestly don't know any decent manager out there who would want the job. All the boardroom shite between King and Ashley , the lack of serious investment , and the fact that we are miles behind the tims is hardly the biggest incentive. We are stuck with Warburton whether we like it or not, either that or it will be someone like bloody bomber.

• 2 months later...