Realistically who would you have as Rangers manager?

Jamie0202

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

:lol: What exactly were your expectations for this season?

Like 99% of Rangers fans I presume you hoped we would win it but realistically 2nd and a return to European football would be sufficient?. We are one point off that particular spot at the moment having been managed by a rookie manager... 

You're using hypothetical situations to back up your claim that the manager should be sacked. It's just as easy for me to say, well we've won 5 and lost one in December, were sitting clear in 2nd and now 6 points behind the tarriers do we still sack the manager? :lol:

To be fair his scenario is far more likely than that shite you just posted. 

We have Aberdeen, Hearts, Hamilton, Inverness, St Johnstone and the taigs in December. You honestly think we'll only drop 3 points from that? I wouldn't be surprised if we only pick up about 4 points the whole month.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, .Williamson. said:

To be fair his scenario is far more likely than that shite you just posted. 

We have Aberdeen, Hearts, Hamilton, Inverness, St Johnstone and the taigs in December. You honestly think we'll only drop 3 points from that? I wouldn't be surprised if we only pick up about 4 points the whole month.

Oh so it's shite I posted? It's hypothetical like his scenario:lol: Using it to suit an agenda like I just done but mines is shite? :lol: Does he honestly think we'll be sitting 7th come 1st January? 

Hypocrisy is strong in here.  

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Like 99% of Rangers fans I presume you hoped we would win it but realistically 2nd and a return to European football would be sufficient?. We are one point off that particular spot at the moment having been managed by a rookie manager... 

You're using hypothetical situations to back up your claim that the manager should be sacked. It's just as easy for me to say, well we've won 5 and lost one in December, were sitting clear in 2nd and now 6 points behind the tarriers do we still sack the manager? :lol:

I'll take second now, but realistically at the start of the season I hoped we would be challenging having put trust in the supposed "best in the business" frank mcparland to deliver on transfers and for those who did arrive to deliver on the pitch 

Am I supposed to now roll over and say "ah fuck it, we are shite, didn't expect to win it anyway, so let's give mw the season even if it means finishing in the bottom half of the table"? 

This faux nobility associated with staunch unconditional support of a manager who is failing to get results is fucking  nauseating. you want to stick with him? when will that change? will you still be 10x more staunch a Bear than I if we have a horrible December, as I expect we will? I'll remind you of this post when you turn after yet more abject insipid performances

Double standards.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Oh so it's shite I posted? It's hypothetical like his scenario:lol: Using it to suit an agenda like I just done but mines is shite? :lol: Does he honestly think we'll be sitting 7th come 1st January? 

Hypocrisy is strong in here.  

Of course yours is shite. His is also hypothetical but at least his is closer to following the trend of actual results.

Yours is just pish that you've created to try and back a manager further that everyone is starting to see as useless in this league. Have patience my arse.

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

I'll take second now, but realistically at the start of the season I hoped we would be challenging having put trust in the supposed "best in the business" frank mcparland to deliver on transfers and for those who did arrive to deliver on the pitch 

Am I supposed to now roll over and say "ah fuck it, we are shite, didn't expect to win it anyway, so let's give mw the season even if it means finishing in the bottom half of the table"? 

This faux nobility associated with staunch unconditional support of a manager who is failing to get results is fucking  nauseating. you want to stick with him? when will that change? will you still be 10x more staunch a Bear than I if we have a horrible December, as I expect we will? I'll remind you of this post when you turn after yet more abject insipid performances

Double standards.

So like I said 2nd and European football would be sufficient? 

No-one has said give MW the season even if it means finishing in the bottom half of the table, which absolutely won't happen, but you know that.

That 3rd paragraph is hilarious. I haven't said once I'm more of a supporter of you because I back the manager a little more than you do. Anytime someone is perceived to back the manager they get hounded, "aww dae you hink yer a pyoor bigger Rangers fan than me cause ye back the manager and a don't" argument. That's absolute nonsense. 

Why remind me of this post in December? Is than when the season finishes?

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Of course yours is shite. His is also hypothetical but at least his is closer to following the trend of actual results.

Yours is just pish that you've created to try and back a manager further that everyone is starting to see as useless in this league. Have patience my arse.

His is closer to the trend? So we plummet 4-5 places from where we are? That isn't the trend is it? No. Again talking nonsense.

I created that situation purely on the basis to show how easy it is to predict the future to suit an agenda.

Why not have patience? Just going to change a manager every 12 games till he wins all 12?

48 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

bollocks.

right now second would be some achievement, based on our fucking horrendous performances this season and our utterly woeful away form. at the start of the season the board had championed "going for 55", having signed risky yet potentially classy enough players to see us push for the title. the taigs brought in brenda, well known for either being excellent or being a fucking bombscare, and the only serious cash outlay from them was on sinclair. It was not unreasonable, at that point, to assume that we would at least be a match for them. 

The reality is we are fucking miles wide of the mark, and your hypothetical scenario is utter fucking jackanory. 

you push this idealist staunchism and give off the perception that those who choose to draw a line under this manager are fuckwit traitors. I said I will remind you of this because it will be interesting to see if you still hold true to your pro-warburton values if we get fucking smashed to bits by the sheep, hearts and taigs. Does the season end there? no, but a line has to be drawn somewhere and if we are in a position whereby we enter the new year having been nailed to the wall by our nearest competitors, no cunt can honestly tell me with a straight face that warburton is the man to take us forward. 

Our upcoming fixtures:

Dundee (H)
Partick (A)
Hearts (A)
Sheep (H)
Hearts (H)
Hamilton (A)
Inverness (H)
St Johnstone (A)
Taigs (H)

I wouldn't fancy us to win any of those away fixtures for starters with our fucking honking 4-3-3 and insistence on square pegs in round holes. 

MW wont turn it around IMO. If he somehow manages to go on an incredible run then I'll eat my words. Seen fuck all to suggest he has what it takes to get performances out of this group of players. 

51 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Double standards.

Frank mcparland came with a reputation of unearthing younger talent and then selling them on. 

Hes been here 2 transfer windows  and the players still need time to develop, unless you expect us to sign the next messi.

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

Frank mcparland came with a reputation of unearthing younger talent and then selling them on. 

Hes been here 2 transfer windows  and the players still need time to develop, unless you expect us to sign the next messi.

"best in the business" my arse. 

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

bollocks.

right now second would be some achievement, based on our fucking horrendous performances this season and our utterly woeful away form. at the start of the season the board had championed "going for 55", having signed risky yet potentially classy enough players to see us push for the title. the taigs brought in brenda, well known for either being excellent or being a fucking bombscare, and the only serious cash outlay from them was on sinclair. It was not unreasonable, at that point, to assume that we would at least be a match for them. 

The reality is we are fucking miles wide of the mark, and your hypothetical scenario is utter fucking jackanory. 

you push this idealist staunchism and give off the perception that those who choose to draw a line under this manager are fuckwit traitors. I said I will remind you of this because it will be interesting to see if you still hold true to your pro-warburton values if we get fucking smashed to bits by the sheep, hearts and taigs. Does the season end there? no, but a line has to be drawn somewhere and if we are in a position whereby we enter the new year having been nailed to the wall by our nearest competitors, no cunt can honestly tell me with a straight face that warburton is the man to take us forward. 

Our upcoming fixtures:

Dundee (H)
Partick (A)
Hearts (A)
Sheep (H)
Hearts (H)
Hamilton (A)
Inverness (H)
St Johnstone (A)
Taigs (H)

I wouldn't fancy us to win any of those away fixtures for starters with our fucking honking 4-3-3 and insistence on square pegs in round holes. 

MW wont turn it around IMO. If he somehow manages to go on an incredible run then I'll eat my words. Seen fuck all to suggest he has what it takes to get performances out of this group of players. 

It's quite remarkable how you keep making up words to claim that I am saying I am a bigger and better Rangers fan than you because I back the manager a little more than you do. Not once have I said that in any of my posts so wrap it in ffs. It's tedious as fuck. 

Pro-Warburton values hahaha. Fuck me man I back the manager and now I'm pushing some pro-Warburton, staunchist idealist whatabouterry on a forum:lol:.

Yet again half of what you are saying is hypothetical. But you already know that, pushing and pushing that were going to get "smashed to bits" in December yet you literally have no clue if that will be the case or not.

Yes, I agree the signings did have a bit of class about them and pushed the thoughts that we could go for it. It hasn't worked out. MW won't be the last manager to make a couple of mistakes in the transfer window ffs. That's what they are, mistakes. People holding these things against the management is quite remarkable, it happens, no manager has the perfect transfer window every season. 

It's quite remarkable how you keep making up words to claim that I am saying I am a bigger and better Rangers fan than you because I back the manager a little more than you do. Not once have I said that in any of my posts so wrap it in ffs. It's tedious as fuck. 

Pro-Warburton values hahaha. Fuck me man I back the manager and now I'm pushing some pro-Warburton, staunchist idealist whatabouterry on a forum:lol:.

Yet again half of what you are saying is hypothetical. But you already know that, pushing and pushing that were going to get "smashed to bits" in December yet you literally have no clue if that will be the case or not.

Yes, I agree the signings did have a bit of class about them and pushed the thoughts that we could go for it. It hasn't worked out. MW won't be the last manager to make a couple of mistakes in the transfer window ffs. That's what they are, mistakes. People holding these things against the management is quite remarkable, it happens, no manager has the perfect transfer window every season. 

not read this in detail - but did want to highlight the fact that on the waghorn thread you are willing to suggest he's basically surplus to requirements. why does waghorn in your eyes deserve to go due to abject performances, yet the manager doesnt? 

bit of a contradiction there, again. 

Just now, KWBear said:

not read this in detail - but did want to highlight the fact that on the waghorn thread you are willing to suggest he's basically surplus to requirements. why does waghorn in your eyes deserve to go due to abject performances, yet the manager doesnt? 

bit of a contradiction there, again. 

Because there is better players than Waghorn here and by all accounts he is unhappy.  Players are easily replaced.

The manager is trying to build something different here and set us up playing a good brand of football and instilling that into the academy. At that end of the scale continuity is key. Calling for the managers head after 12 games is mental. You just going to keep calling for every managers head until they start winning their first 12 games? 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Because there is better players than Waghorn here and by all accounts he is unhappy.  Players are easily replaced.

The manager is trying to build something different here and set us up playing a good brand of football and instilling that into the academy. At that end of the scale continuity is key. Calling for the managers head after 12 games is mental. You just going to keep calling for every managers head until they start winning their first 12 games? 

it's not just 12 games though is it?

what have you seen to suggest that he will eventually get it right? we are 11 points behind the taigs and they have a game in hand. aberdeen who are honking did us and we couldnt beat ross county who are bottom of the league at the second time of asking. we have two high paid players who came in as marquee signings who EVERYONE to a man was skeptical about - one is on the treatment table, one was a clusterfuck

our other signings have failed to hit the required standards and we find ourselves persisting with a formation that does not match the quality of players. Our 20s side is second from bottom in their table, and we have "the best in the business" scout frank mcparland who seems incapable of scouting any players beyond the lower tiers of english football. 

we are a fucking shambles, an unequivocal fucking mess right now and if you think that warburton has instilled anything other than mediocrity then you are beyond help. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Second is nothing 

but it's a must 

I'd say that's fair comment 

I think the games up to January will tell us if we have any chance of finishing second and may also decide the manager's future with us.

Just now, Essandoh said:

Frank McParland getting it raw now. How sad.

Quite.  People were getting excited when he was brought in because (to paraphrase) "he's an expert in identifying young talent than can be polished into diamonds and we get the benefit on the park and/or by selling on".  He's had one transfer window and it's not even been 3 months since it closed...jeezus fuck!

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

Quite.  People were getting excited when he was brought in because (to paraphrase) "he's an expert in identifying young talent than can be polished into diamonds and we get the benefit on the park and/or by selling on".  He's had one transfer window and it's not even been 3 months since it closed...jeezus fuck!

Laughable when you put it like that. :lol: 

Just now, KWBear said:

it's not just 12 games though is it?

what have you seen to suggest that he will eventually get it right? we are 11 points behind the taigs and they have a game in hand. aberdeen who are honking did us and we couldnt beat ross county who are bottom of the league at the second time of asking. we have two high paid players who came in as marquee signings who EVERYONE to a man was skeptical about - one is on the treatment table, one was a clusterfuck

our other signings have failed to hit the required standards and we find ourselves persisting with a formation that does not match the quality of players. Our 20s side is second from bottom in their table, and we have "the best in the business" scout frank mcparland who seems incapable of scouting any players beyond the lower tiers of english football. 

we are a fucking shambles, an unequivocal fucking mess right now and if you think that warburton has instilled anything other than mediocrity then you are beyond help. 

It is 12 games forget last season that's done and dusted, yes the SC was hard to take but we'll win plenty more before they win another.

You're honestly sitting there saying you haven't seen any form of our play this season to suggest that he will get it right? Obviously it isn't the start I or any other fan expected, I get that but that's the point it's the start not the end. 

Aye we have been poor, but we have been unlucky at times, had a fair few decisions go against us and our luck with injuries has been unfortunate. The Aberdeen game being a prime example of decisions going against us. 

Not everyone was skeptical about Barton and Krancjar. There is very little the manager can do when his best mate in football recommends a player who was his teams POTY and had the season of his life for free. He had turned it around on and off the pitch quite clearly, that hasn't worked out for whatever reason but to say you wouldn't take a punt on that is nonsense.

The injury to Krancjar can happen to anyone, let's be honest.

Our other signings (Hill, Windass, Garner) haven't really done a lot wrong but haven't set the heather alight yet. Windass and Garner have shown glimpses. Crooks came injured, hardly the managers fault, Gilks has proved to be a decent back up, although I struggle to see why Senderos was signed. 

The under 20s are basically our under 17s because the manager believes that the under 20s league doesn't challenge the players enough so most are on loan gaining professional experience so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I agree, yes I'd like to see a bit of a change of formation from time to time and he has done, Hibs game at easter road the first time they beat us he tried three at the back. 

We are far from a shambles IMO. I really do believe when we have a fully fit squad and when it clicks into place consistently we can be a really really good team. That is the managers job and one which I believe he can do.

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

I wasn't 

in fact I've regularly asked what he's brought to the table and was told he persuaded Barton, Rossiter and Nico to come

good job 

It is 12 games forget last season that's done and dusted, yes the SC was hard to take but we'll win plenty more before they win another.

You're honestly sitting there saying you haven't seen any form of our play this season to suggest that he will get it right? Obviously it isn't the start I or any other fan expected, I get that but that's the point it's the start not the end. 

Aye we have been poor, but we have been unlucky at times, had a fair few decisions go against us and our luck with injuries has been unfortunate. The Aberdeen game being a prime example of decisions going against us. 

Not everyone was skeptical about Barton and Krancjar. There is very little the manager can do when his best mate in football recommends a player who was his teams POTY and had the season of his life for free. He had turned it around on and off the pitch quite clearly, that hasn't worked out for whatever reason but to say you wouldn't take a punt on that is nonsense.

The injury to Krancjar can happen to anyone, let's be honest.

Our other signings (Hill, Windass, Garner) haven't really done a lot wrong but haven't set the heather alight yet. Windass and Garner have shown glimpses. Crooks came injured, hardly the managers fault, Gilks has proved to be a decent back up, although I struggle to see why Senderos was signed. 

The under 20s are basically our under 17s because the manager believes that the under 20s league doesn't challenge the players enough so most are on loan gaining professional experience so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I agree, yes I'd like to see a bit of a change of formation from time to time and he has done, Hibs game at easter road the first time they beat us he tried three at the back. 

We are far from a shambles IMO. I really do believe when we have a fully fit squad and when it clicks into place consistently we can be a really really good team. That is the managers job and one which I believe he can do.

The trouble is it is not going to click into place without trying different formations. Warburton is so stubbornly wedded to this idea of 4-3-3 that there is no flexibility to allow him to see how players operate in alternate systems and roles. Its fucking baffling. I also don't think we can discount last season as being representative of the performance trend which has continued into this season; the majority of the players that are making the first XI were playing in the team last season as well. There have been no wholesale changes, none. 

It's abject, depressing, turgid, boring, and shit.  I would like for you to be right, but I cannot see how this rookie manager has what it takes to compete in a league where the most bitter rival has appointed a manager who has proven his credentials at the very top level. As prone to bombscare as brenda is, he's in a different stratosphere from warburton in terms of experience. 

regarding mcparland getting it tight - i would absolve him of some responsibility however our recruitment has been an outright disaster and the insistence on shopping in a market which the manager himself concedes is overinflated, is again utterly staggering. So fucking short sighted its untrue. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

It's not 12 games, we've been shite for about 8 months and for the 3 or 4 months before that we were inconsistent at best.