Kanchelskis

Laudrup1690

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think his play ever justified the amount we paid for him. Maybe unfair but always equate the reported 5.5m paid on him with the 3m we got for cashing in on Gazza a few months earlier.  Even all these years later, still convinced the latter move ultimately cost us 10 in a row.

43 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Just watched a video of us hammering  st johnston 7-0 from years ago and seen him give a few assists and got me thinking how did people actually rate him?

i was buzzing when we signed him but thought he didn't really live up to expectations!

Pretty much the same from me. At the time it seemed as if he didn't live up to expectations but when you look back on him he was still class. Not quite the player who was at Man Utd but a good player for us overall.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Just watched a video of us hammering  st johnston 7-0 from years ago and seen him give a few assists and got me thinking how did people actually rate him?

i was buzzing when we signed him but thought he didn't really live up to expectations!

Remember that game so well. It was a Sunday evening and the bookies were giving us EVEN money for a win. Couldn't quite believe those odds but I think they'd been on a good run, Turned out a nice earner.

18 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Wasn't great tbh. I'm pretty certain I started calling him 'cut back Kanchelskis' as the boy we seen at Man Utd disappeared and what we got was a player who could be explosive but more often than not would play it safe incase he got clattered. 

At man u he was fucking amazing. that was a cracking man u side. (The bastards) 

49 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

At man u he was fucking amazing. that was a cracking man u side. (The bastards) 

That's what gutted me mate. I was over the moon when we got him because as much as I hated that Man Utd team they were ridiculous.

He wasn't shite but a massive disappointment compared to what  I thought he would be like for us. Was at the game he scored against the tims tho and loved it. 4-0 that day IIRC.

19 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

That's what gutted me mate. I was over the moon when we got him because as much as I hated that Man Utd team they were ridiculous.

He wasn't shite but a massive disappointment compared to what  I thought he would be like for us. Was at the game he scored against the tims tho and loved it. 4-0 that day IIRC.

Yip they were excellent. iirc some of he games they played in Europe from about 94/95 onwards in the CL were amongst some of the best I've seen. 

He was a tremendous footballer but like you I don't think he hit those heights for us