Next Scotland manager?

RangersMedia

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Nicola Sturgeon, and Alex Salmond as assistant manager, I doubt they could do any worse than WGS.

And as they both proclaim to they have Scotland's best interest at heart, I'm sure they would do everything possible to keep us in Europe and on the world stage, but out of Wembley!

I think it is shameful the way strachan is being treated just because of a couple of bad results. People have short memories and have already forgotten his famous victories over Malta and Gibraltar. Also celtics policy of signing mostly foreign players is limiting his choice of who he can select

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

No chance Michael O'Neill would leave Norn Iron to go manage Scotland, absolutely no chance.

Anyone seriously thinking or saying this obviously doesn't know the guy, he has much more Class and integrity than that.

Never mind being an intelligent guy, knowing his worth. I have no doubt whatsoever that he will leave at some stage to go to a decent Club job. I just hope it's not before he takes us to the WC, and I doubt it will be, as he knows his stock will go up further, and he has more decency.

But leave his country of birth, who he played for, to go manage Scotland in this campaign, ffs behave.

Absolutely! Why would he leave his country who are on an upward trajectory to go to manager Scotland who are heading in the other direction. Would love MON to stay with us forever, but as you've said big clubs are going to be in for him if we keep doing well.

7 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Absolutely! Why would he leave his country who are on an upward trajectory to go to manager Scotland who are heading in the other direction. Would love MON to stay with us forever, but as you've said big clubs are going to be in for him if we keep doing well.

My worry is that he gets tempted by a EPL job and does a 'Sanchez'.

That would be hard for him to turn down, though I still like to think he has more class and decency, and would wait until after the WC campaign. Though if he did go, I'd understand, and he would always get my thanks for what he has done for us.

But, that's a completely difference scenario than leaving us in this campaign to go Manage Scotland in their campaign :lol:  No fucking chance, for alsorts of reasons.

9 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

My worry is that he gets tempted by a EPL job and does a 'Sanchez'.

That would be hard for him to turn down, though I still like to think he has more class and decency, and would wait until after the WC campaign. Though if he did go, I'd understand, and he would always get my thanks for what he has done for us.

But, that's a completely difference scenario than leaving us in this campaign to go Manage Scotland in their campaign :lol:  No fucking chance, for alsorts of reasons.

How do you think he'd do with a big budget mate?

At Norn Ireland it's a case of seeing his players limitations and instilling a club like mentality but do yoj think he could handle an EPL club who's players genuinely think they're the dogs bollocks and some of them have went for huge sums of money?

I take it there's also next to no chance of him ever taking over at us?

11 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Could have Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola as managers and would still be shite, need to clean house at the SFA and build from the ground up.  

Discussed in another thread about the old boys' network still rife. Queens Park a classic example. Nearly 50 years ago, I chucked them because of the fannies in charge & I've witnessed the exact same attitudes now that my grandsons are playing ( NOT with QP). Their "coaches" are more interested in people walkin over some of the pitches, which isn't allowed.

19 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

At Norn Ireland it's a case of seeing his players limitations and instilling a club like mentality but do yoj think he could handle an EPL club who's players genuinely think they're the dogs bollocks and some of them have went for huge sums of money?

There's no doubt he will leave for a good club job at some stage, who, good knows.

How would he do managing players etc? Well I get the hatred for lafferty on here, and we all know he's not the easiest to manage, look what the Palermo manager said :lol: and his 'quirks' shall we say, though this post isn't really about Lafferty anyway. It's about the way the Manager has got the absolute best outta him, no way would we have got to France if the manager hadn't instilled the confidence, the desire and especially the want, into Lafferty, especially with him practically getting no club game time. Though that came about with some serious stern talking to him in regards to his behaviour and performances in the last WC qualifying. At one stage I wasn't sure if he would ever play again under MON. But the manager handled it very well, and it's been borne out.

He's methodical as well, does his homework well, not scared to make big calls, again which earns the respect of the players who really want to play and do well for him. Coupled with him being a genuinely nice guy.

But it's hard to say mate, it takes a special kind of person to manage well football players these day, who as you, say, think they are the dogs bollocks.

I reckon personally, if offered, he'd have no problem whatsoever coming to Rangers, though that's a big 'if'.

18 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

MON is a very intelligent and astute manager. His attention to detail is phenomenal and at NI he has surrounded himself with a good back room staff. How would he handle a big budget? No idea! The guy managed Brechin and Shamrock Rovers prior to getting the NI job. But he did work as a financial adviser between finishing playing and getting into coaching! :lol:

As Siam69 has said, they way he has handles Lafferty and turned him from being a loose cannon into a very effective striker at international level is remarkable. Also, he has everyone wanting to play for their country - we used to be plagued with players crying off, now it doesn't happen.

I would absolutely love him to be the Rangers manager as some stage as I think he has what it takes to turn us into a very successful side both domestically and in Europe.

5 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

MON is a very intelligent and astute manager. His attention to detail is phenomenal and at NI he has surrounded himself with a good back room staff. How would he handle a big budget? No idea! The guy managed Brechin and Shamrock Rovers prior to getting the NI job. But he did work as a financial adviser between finishing playing and getting into coaching! :lol:

As Siam69 has said, they way he has handles Lafferty and turned him from being a loose cannon into a very effective striker at international level is remarkable. Also, he has everyone wanting to play for their country - we used to be plagued with players crying off, now it doesn't happen.

I would absolutely love him to be the Rangers manager as some stage as I think he has what it takes to turn us into a very successful side both domestically and in Europe.

Been saying for a while he would be my choice if wee sack warburton or leaves.

2 hours ago, Kai_Johansen said:

How about Nicola Sturgeon, and Alex Salmond as assistant manager, I doubt they could do any worse than WGS.

And as they both proclaim to they have Scotland's best interest at heart, I'm sure they would do everything possible to keep us in Europe and on the world stage, but out of Wembley!

Worth a shout.

Screenshot_2016-11-12-13-54-40.png

1 hour ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

MON is a very intelligent and astute manager. His attention to detail is phenomenal and at NI he has surrounded himself with a good back room staff. How would he handle a big budget? No idea! The guy managed Brechin and Shamrock Rovers prior to getting the NI job. But he did work as a financial adviser between finishing playing and getting into coaching! :lol:

It's remarkable the success he has had in the international stage after that introduction to management.

His attention to detail must be immense, even away to Germany recently they put on a brave show and i can hardly remember the team being embarrassed recently under him.

To think how far NI have came in a short space of time only highlights how poorly Scotland have been managed.

For a much smaller country with a semi-pro league to qualify for tournaments he must be doing something renarkably right.

Have NI started again at grass roots level like Iceland?