Kris Boyd says it as it is

jintybear

58 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

That's not true.  I remember a young guy called Haris Vuckic coming in a doing very well for us.  How Boyd only managed to score one goal in the Scottish Championship I'll never know. 

The full team was shite and while  Harris vuckic came and freshened the team up slightly, I look back on his time and he can only be judged on the playoffs as he was playing utter dross the rest of the time, he was anonymous In said playoffs. There was clearly something not right when Boyd couldn't score in the championship after being the record scorer in our top league. I would suggest the management were to blame. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

The full team was shite and while  Harris vuckic came and freshened the team up slightly, I look back on his time and he can only be judged on the playoffs as he was playing utter dross the rest of the time, he was anonymous In said playoffs. There was clearly something not right when Boyd couldn't score in the championship after being the record scorer in our top league. I would suggest the management were to blame. 

Easy, but wrong target.  The player himself got himself into plenty of good goalscoring positions...and missed.  Not the manager, coaches or anyone else.  Him.  It was also him that committed a significant number of fouls a lot and was off-side quite a lot. As a manager, that's very frustrating, but then with the record he had, you expect it to turn.  Perhaps you can blame the management stuck by him for too long.

36 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Easy, but wrong target.  The player himself got himself into plenty of good goalscoring positions...and missed.  Not the manager, coaches or anyone else.  Him.  It was also him that committed a significant number of fouls a lot and was off-side quite a lot. As a manager, that's very frustrating, but then with the record he had, you expect it to turn.  Perhaps you can blame the management stuck by him for too long.

It's not the managements fault that they couldn't keep an eye on boyds  weight and when he was clearly overweight they still played him?  I know boyd is a big boy and should be looking after himself but if we could see he shouldn't be playing then surely they could see it. He shouldn't have been playing with the nick he got into he wasn't fit enough to play never mind try and make the correct runs and try and play on the shoulder of defenders, so imo that's the correct people to blame. If I was manager and he was looking like that then I wouldn't have played him and they did so they were in the wrong. 

I'm sure only Naismith Whittaker and greggs were internationals when we went down and Whittaker was often used at left back to accommodate Hutton. That argument is quite flawed but it's his opinion and I've it gathers enough pace to change the circus at sfa then I'm all for it.

the spl or spfl whatever abomination that is needs to go first though. Fucking amateur bastards couldn't run a bath

Scotland will succeed when we have enough Scottish players with the talent to succeed. I think the Kris was talking about a winning mentality that vanished when we went to the 3rd. Septic had the league in the bag before a ball was kicked, with no one to fear the whole level of the top league dropped. This drop in level meant that we had less Scottish player used to having to win week in week out and it is showing in the Scottish performances. I think he has a point but we as a club and country have not been producing enough talented players since the early 90s. I think this is a reflection on a focus on hoof ball football and big lads running around kicking the ball and other players hard at all levels. To get skill we and the Tims needed, we had to get them from abroad as we could no longer produce them our selves. Neil McCann was the last truly talented Rangers player who was Scottish that I can think of.

If I recall correctly; the SFA wanted us to stay but if we had to go down it was to the Championship. The SPL voted to send us out and the SFL said that if we went to thier league then it was to the 3rd. The SFA were guilty of delaying giving us our licence to play and sign players.  

7 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Neil McCann was the last truly talented Rangers player who was Scottish that I can think of.

Have to call you on this one. We had Barry Ferguson who was a proper player. We could certainly use someone like him now in our powder puff/creativity free midfield. 

11 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The SFA tried to keep Rangers in the premier league, or at least in the 2Nd tier at worst - that's a fact. 

It was the SPL, it's hate filled chief executives and their fans campaigning and pressure that ensured that wouldn't happen. Then of course all the sfl members clubs accepted us but only on the bottom rung. It actually had little to do with the sfa in the end. 

Look at it this way- did you ever hear the threat of Scottish Cups being stripped from us? No you didn't because that's the sfa's tournament- the titles are the SPL'S 

Was it the SFA that fined us thousands of £s and blackmailed us into signing the 5 way agreement which included the illegal transfer embargo?

To me they're all as bad as each other and did absolutely nothing to help us. It was apparent that they didn't give two fucks about our club or her supporters. When hearts were in trouble it seemed to me everyone and their dog wanted to help them, including the Scottish government. 

3 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Have to call you on this one. We had Barry Ferguson who was a proper player. We could certainly use someone like him now in our powder puff/creativity free midfield. 

Yea, Neil and Barry but who since they two have been produced.

3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Was it the SFA that fined us thousands of £s and blackmailed us into signing the 5 way agreement which included the illegal transfer embargo?

To me they're all as bad as each other and did absolutely nothing to help us. It was apparent that they didn't give two fucks about our club or her supporters. When hearts were in trouble it seemed to me everyone and their dog wanted to help them, including the Scottish government. 

Thanks for reminding me. We some time forget the attempts to hurt us because of the passage of time.

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

They weren't falling hand over foot to help us - that's for sure but all the main shit came from the other clubs and it's fans. 

I repeat the titles which is the spl's tournament was what wanted stripped. The sfa (whose tournament is the Scottish cup) weren't interested in stripping these. 

That illustrates who really were putting the boot in. And it's why I will never set foot in another spl football ground ever again. 

22 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

They weren't falling hand over foot to help us - that's for sure but all the main shit came from the other clubs and it's fans. 

I repeat the titles which is the spl's tournament was what wanted stripped. The sfa (whose tournament is the Scottish cup) weren't interested in stripping these. 

That illustrates who really were putting the boot in. And it's why I will never set foot in another spl football ground ever again. 

I agree about the other clubs and their fans. 

It pisses me off because the governing bodies should have protected us more starting with doing diligence checks on Craig Whyte. Instead they badly let us down and put the boot into us while they were at it.

We should never forgive or forget 

We have produced a fair amount of quality Scottish players. But it's been years since we did, McGregor was one of best keepers in Britain at one point and Hutton was probably one of the best full backs in Britain as well (maybe a bit of an exaggeration) but it doesn't look like we will be producing those kind of players any time soon. About 2004 they made their debuts? Quite demoralising when u think that's nearly 13 years we've not produced a genuine quality player from the academy who we can make big profit from, which is one of the major reasons Scotland are constantly failing. 

It's all about The Rangers, even the world number 1 knows it...........

ANDY MURRAY agrees with Kris Boyd – Rangers’ fall from grace DID damage Scotland’s national team.

Former Gers star Boyd has been vilified for his Sunsport column which criticised the SFA for relegating his old club in 2012 and claimed the decision had helped cause the nation’s decline on the international stage.

Hibs fan Murray has not expressed a view on the rights and wrongs of Rangers’ financial meltdown and demotion down the leagues.
But when jokingly asked why Scottish footballers were so bad and he was so good, the Dunblane ace gave a serious answer.

Murray, who had a trial for Rangers as a teenager, said: “I have no idea because I don’t know what any of them have done when they are young.
“I don’t know what sort of training and stuff they do. So it is difficult for me to say.
“But I think obviously the level of Scottish football has probably gone down a little bit when everything happened with Rangers, I don’t think that helped.

“So hopefully in the next few years now that they are back in the main league that will help get a bit more interest in it again.”
World No 1 Murray is currently lighting up London at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, across the Thames from where Scotland lost 3-0 to England at Wembley last week.
Murray politely declined invitations from both sides to attend the match, but brother Jamie was among the Tartan Army supporters who trudged away philosophically after the defeat.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It's all about The Rangers, even the world number 1 knows it...........

ANDY MURRAY agrees with Kris Boyd – Rangers’ fall from grace DID damage Scotland’s national team.

Former Gers star Boyd has been vilified for his Sunsport column which criticised the SFA for relegating his old club in 2012 and claimed the decision had helped cause the nation’s decline on the international stage.

Hibs fan Murray has not expressed a view on the rights and wrongs of Rangers’ financial meltdown and demotion down the leagues.
But when jokingly asked why Scottish footballers were so bad and he was so good, the Dunblane ace gave a serious answer.

Murray, who had a trial for Rangers as a teenager, said: “I have no idea because I don’t know what any of them have done when they are young.
“I don’t know what sort of training and stuff they do. So it is difficult for me to say.
“But I think obviously the level of Scottish football has probably gone down a little bit when everything happened with Rangers, I don’t think that helped.

“So hopefully in the next few years now that they are back in the main league that will help get a bit more interest in it again.”
World No 1 Murray is currently lighting up London at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, across the Thames from where Scotland lost 3-0 to England at Wembley last week.
Murray politely declined invitations from both sides to attend the match, but brother Jamie was among the Tartan Army supporters who trudged away philosophically after the defeat.

Hibs bastard.