UFC Conor McGregor VS Floyd Mayweather

Rambo1872

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I think he did. I'm sure his offer was $100m to him, $15m to McGregor and then a split of the PPV.

I could be wrong though. 

Some disparity in the offer then. The figures Dana was quoting seemed low when compared to the ton of cash that came in for Manny/Floyd. Dana saying £25m each plus a split of what he expects to be 1m PPV buys. I realsie Manny Floyd was huge but even though this is an embarrassing mismatch I'd have thought it would be huge also.

9 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Some disparity in the offer then. The figures Dana was quoting seemed low when compared to the ton of cash that came in for Manny/Floyd. Dana saying £25m each plus a split of what he expects to be 1m PPV buys. I realsie Manny Floyd was huge but even though this is an embarrassing mismatch I'd have thought it would be huge also.

I think Dana is just deliberately pricing them out of the fight. They know there's zero chance of Mayweather coming out of retirement for that sort of cash.

Mayweather is old now but.... he is a pro boxer and was a bit good at being a pro boxer.

MacGregor is a great fighter and will have a lot of transferable skills, but.....Mayweather is an elite boxer who whilst old, is still very good and relevant.

Its akin to a top decathlete trying to out run a recently retired, but still relevant, runner.

On 14/01/2017 at 5:51 PM, denya said:

Doubt this fight will happen but if it did then Floyd would win very convincingly. He is not known for knocking out opponents but I think he would put CM on his arse a few times during the fight. I would love to see Floyd knock that prick out but either way he will silence the loud mouthed twat once and for all. 

I wouldn't be too sure about him being KO'd.  Connor has a pretty impressive chin, he has taken massive shots, bigger than I think Mayweather is capable of throwing.

If this is a stright boxing match, then Mayweather will outpoint him.  If there is any MMA involved at all, then Connor will kill him, and it won't even be close.

I am not a fan of Connors, I really dislike him, but there is simply no way he is losing to a 1st time MMA fighter.

On 02/12/2016 at 0:34 PM, JamieD said:

McGregor has gone five rounds once in his life. Even if he's past it and throws powder puff punches, Floyd would get his first legit stoppage since Hatton after turning McGregor's face into pizza during the championship rounds.

That's actually  a really good point, I forgot about a boxing match being 12 rounds.   I retract my previous statement about there being no KO.

3 hours ago, reallyruff said:

Think Macgregor would know that in a boxing match he gets fucked up, need to be some sort of hybrid rules, maybe a bit like muay Thai, for him to have proper chance. If full MMA he has great chance imo, could mayweather deal with him on the floor?

MMA rules the mick wins no doubt about it.