Joe Garner is shite

cushynumber

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

You are being a bit harsh on Nico.

He was beginning to come onto a game, and we could probably do with him.

Our midfield is the weakest part of our team.

He looked slow and immobile we can't carry players he wasn't brought to play against the small teams and he struggled against the scum. 

13 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Unfair to single out Garner IMO. Not many strikers would look good in this side. He's starved of service. Not his fault we paid £1.8 million for him. 

So Joe dodoo gets better service than garner? 

No he doesn't, he just gets himself in better positions. All our forwards today had the same service yet kenny nearly scored, assisted in 2 goals and dodoo got a brace within 30 mins.

this " he gets no service" argument doesn't  really wash when others are scoring and creating and he isn't.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

He looked slow and immobile we can't carry players he wasn't brought to play against the small teams and he struggled against the scum. 

There are worse players in our team at the moment than Nico was even before he started to show a bit of form.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

So Joe dodoo gets better service than garner? 

No he doesn't, he just gets himself in better positions. All our forwards today had the same service yet kenny nearly scored, assisted in 2 goals and dodoo got a brace within 30 mins.

this " he gets no service" argument doesn't  really wash when others are scoring and creating and he isn't.

We have scored 11 goals in 7 league games so it's not as if we are scoring an abundance of goals. To single out Garner is unfair I think. I'm not writing him off yet. 

MCcann made a good point in the commentary today when a ball was laid into the box and Garner was back at the D not even trying to get into the 6 yard box. None of the strikers seem to want to attack the ball in the box. Don't know if their told not to or what, but it's not working.  

As I said in the match thread Garner is just a bad fit for us and the style of football we play.

He had the season of his life playing in a direct team with a strike partner and m the goals dried up once he stepped up a level and was asked to lead the line alone.

I think he was a panic buy and if he wasn't then questions need to be asked as to why he was deemed a good target for us, especially at the price he cost.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

As I said in the match thread Garner is just a bad fit for us and the style of football we play.

He had the season of his life playing in a direct team with a strike partner and m the goals dried up once he stepped up a level and was asked to lead the line alone.

I think he was a panic buy and if he wasn't then questions need to be asked as to why he was deemed a good target for us, especially at the price he cost.

Im beginning to think that Warburton was a panic buy, let alone the players he is leaving in our squad. It's not a question of Gardner fitting in to a system, that is obviously confusing and lacks a clear tactial framework. I'm sure these players can perform better under a new management system, let's not kid ourselves on now MW was very lucky today. Another performance like that and we will all be calling for his removal. 

Op what a crock of shit.  One guy up front on his own. A guy that win's every high ball, works his ass off. We've been crying out for a similar type of player for a while. What more do you want from him? No support and has to do all the running on his own. 

Ffs op you're taking the piss and I'd like to laugh along but not while there are so many impostors wearing the blue jersey. Garner isn't one of them.