Joe Garner is shite

cushynumber

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, cushynumber said:

£1.9 million for that? It's absolutely unreal how poor this guy is. There's nothing about him that I can see that makes me think he is a player.

A total waste of money.

And some think Warburton should get more cash to buy more players..............

Just now, Thermopylae said:

I have to say if he wasn't there it doesn't seem like a very big priority to him 

As he said in his interview , his priority is us getting into Europe next year as it means more cash coming in to run the club and him putting heehaw in again. Be interesting to see his next move if we fail to qualify..........

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Along with the chequebook, he'll see the score and think Mark is doing well, but then he doesn't have to watch this shite.

He said that there was a few signings he wasn't happy with. I think he is still critical but the only way for us to earn money right now is via football. 

Sooner we get fat mike to fuck the sooner we can earn money commercially. Really need to get 2nd this year to get Europe or win the Scottish Cup. 

Spoiler

(his play suggests) He is being asked to come short and link up with midfield, win and keep possession high up the park (on his own) and then lead the line as the lone striker. Give the guy a strike partner for crying out loud. Anyone who has played the game will understand this is an extremely hard task. not taking into account we often create next to f*** all goal scoring chances. When Joe got a goal scoring opportunity from the edge of the box in about the 75th minute I was actually taken aback. We might never see the best of him if we do not change tactics/formation.

Maybe in signing him Warburton thought Garner would adapt to play the way Warburton wants Rangers to play.  Sold on all the stuff we heard last season about the importance of interchangeable 7s, 8's 10's and 11's and thought that by adding Garner into that mix of supposed interchangeability he would have other players in striker positions to work with / feed from.  

If that wasn't the theory then only Warburton himself might then know what he sought to gain by signing Garner and by playing him in the team the way it is set up.     If that was the theory, then all the interchangeable stuff seems to have got lost in translation somewhere as far as being effective as goal scoring threat is concerned.  

Maybe Garner is as confused as a matador waiting for a cow when it comes to working out what to do to be a regular (prolific would be good) goal scorer for Rangers.   I certainly can't work it out which is why Warburton is the Manager and the rest of us merely observe and scratch our heads in wonder.   Right now and on evidence seen so far those who thought this might not be a good signing look to be correct.   Wonder if Garner was one of those that King had in mind yesterday in his interview when he seemed to observe that some of Warburton's signings are not yet delivering as hoped for.