Am I stating the obvious?

Deanzmeanzheinz

29 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Solution? For a certain director to keep his promises and invest and spend money he claimed he had. 

Or is he mendacious? I bet his children hope he is! 

They have invested and will need to invest more and the various deals that need to be cleared before equity can be invested are clear - but this desire to spend our way to the top is just repeating the major mistake of the Past that many agree we should not do - yes it's frustrating not being more competitive than we are but the calls for and need for patience, while falling on many a deaf ear, is what we should support.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, martin93 said:

Op makes a good point, we are light years behind them and its frightening, under the lying cunt king the gap will only become bigger 

I wouldn't say we are light years behind them,they have signed a couple of players that are better quality than we have but not much else playing wise.

They have learned from the last couple of years and unfortunately got rid of Ronny and replaced him with an experienced manager that has got them playing way better than the he last one did.

I feel our biggest hindrance is not necessarily the players but the manager,we need a guy that can get the best out of the players and can adapt and change in any given game.

The board also need to step up and find that little bit of extra cash we have all done our bit again they need to do more.

7 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Didn't Murray get/ con King to invest £20 mil ? There must be more money men out there who would stick some money into the club, are the only millionaires all Tims ? Or is King wanting to keep the club for himself.

Keep the club for himself, it's more like controlling the club and holding it back, the scum have no worries with this board in place and an inept manager only too eager to oblige them. He was controlling the club from the outside while the last board were in power, make no mistake, we have one devious man in charge, as regarding money, Rangers went 5 years spending nothing under Murray and then gave Smith £30 million to spend and we reached a European final and 3 titles. While not spending stupid money on players is wise, the £30 million is an indication of how much is needed and like you say, where is it coming from.

The board are liars who are happy with mediocrity,  happy with second place, happy with the tims getting into the CL and getting 10 million in the bank to outspend us, happy with us getting a kicking from the media.

Next year's AGM it will be "remember this is only our second season in in the top flight"

If Ally hadn't fucked the championship and we'd went straight up thru the leagues then folk wouldn't accept the level were at. but we've had 4 years of being pish and we're used to it and the board knows that. 

The board will get away with it for years because it will take that long for the conditions to be right for the fans to do something.  There's three groups of fans, those who love the Board, those who dislike the board and those on the fence, the ones on the fence are the ones that can change things

Those who love the board have proven that they'll blindly follow and will never speak against the board.  Those who don't like the board are pointing saying "fucking wake up" saying what we've said all along.

Those on the fence can make things happen, but they're tired of all the shite we've went thru, they just want to get on with it, it will be years till they grow tired of the mediocrity and lies and tell the board what's what and the board no this so they're just sitting tight spending as little as possible and ignoring the fact the tims are miles and miles ahead of us on and off the pitch. 

We are happy with second best and nothing the board has said makes that statement seem false

Warburton has had 18 month and 2 transfer windows.  This whole "he's not had enough time" pish is just a lie and a shite excuse.

We played better football this time last year than we do now, we've went backwards since then and time and transfer windows have had fuck all to do with it. yet folk pull out the few positives like winning an OF months ago and then cover their eyes and ears

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

They have invested and will need to invest more and the various deals that need to be cleared before equity can be invested are clear - but this desire to spend our way to the top is just repeating the major mistake of the Past that many agree we should not do - yes it's frustrating not being more competitive than we are but the calls for and need for patience, while falling on many a deaf ear, is what we should support.

Spending wasn't our problem. Overspending was. I don't think anyone wants us to overspend. But considering the lies the board told us about how much they had to invest most would think we've under spent and I agree.

If King hadn't lied about how much he'd invest he'd have little problems. But just like all the rest of the liars he couldn't help but open his mouth which is why he's open to this level of criticism because he hasn't delivered on the bare minimums let alone went over the top with his spending.

On 28/11/2016 at 0:08 AM, Vanoli said:

I'm as anxious as anyone else just now, but light years is crazy. Their one window ahead of us - they had a great summer, we had a terrible one. That's pretty much the difference right now, the worry is that trend continuing. 

Aye, and Hamilton accies are only one window behind them if they go out and sign Barcelona's first team...ffs waken up we are years behind them, to say Its just one window is fantasy land, the money they have at their disposal completey dwarves ours many times over

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 10:57 PM, gsa said:

If they get to fuck who takes their place? 

Anyone who wanted to own us and had money would've made themselves known by now, they have had plenty of opportunity over last few years. 

Speculate to accumulate? Folly in my opinion. To take that approach after what we've been through? Madness? 

No easy answers and there will be no overnight success but eventually we will get there. 

Only my opinion but as a club we need to stop obsessing about Celtic. Always disappoints me when DK feels the need to constantly mention them. Improve the infrastructure of the club, stadium, training ground, scouting, academy. 

Let's do things right their time. We need to have learned lessons. 

Spot fucking on, fans will need to be patient and the tims unfortunately ain't our battle at the moment, if we end the season in 2nd place it'll be job done. We can only dream about catching the tims as sadly they've hit the ground running whereas we've struggled to adapt due to the fitness and injuries to some new recruits .We'll come good but King is too easy a target from impatient fans and if the signing of Garner is the benchmark then I'd not trust Warburton with a fiver.

If Warburton thought the squad he had going into this season was anywhere good enough to win the league then we are in serious trouble. I'm pretty sure the board would have been delighted with second place and maybe a cup final this season. The fact that we are really going to struggle to secure second place in this league is not good enough - we obviously don't have the finances to compete for first but we should be comfortably second. 

Apart from Windass who has undoubted potential Warburtons signings have been average at best and if there was money available I would imagine the board might be having a rethink as to how much, if any, to give him.

The constant struggle against pish week in week out along with our awful standard of football doesn't give me much hope that things will change anytime soon

17 hours ago, Willis said:

Spending wasn't our problem. Overspending was. I don't think anyone wants us to overspend. But considering the lies the board told us about how much they had to invest most would think we've under spent and I agree.

If King hadn't lied about how much he'd invest he'd have little problems. But just like all the rest of the liars he couldn't help but open his mouth which is why he's open to this level of criticism because he hasn't delivered on the bare minimums let alone went over the top with his spending.

I think investment comes in many forms - we have upped our wage bill - bought some players, invested in scouting and youth departments ,some tarting up of the stadium and those losses need funded for a few years ( due to well documented issues) so I find it plausible that the cash is being spent / allocated but not on the 'big' signings some want - Barton, senderos and Kranjar looked like stellar signings and, for different reasons did not work out ( and I am sure lessons will have been learnt) and so the team looks very similar to last year and folk are not seeing the huge leap that we all hoped for but I think the intent was there, and that is one of the reasons patience is required. 

we need to be more pragmatic, and we have to not only understand where we currently are but we have to remember where we have come from.

its all well and good to say that we should be well off enough to spend 3 -4 million on a player to give that added extra unfortunately we are not in the position to do that.  When we left the top division we lost between 20 & 30 million worth of talent, we also almost lost our club. We cannot forget this point now or ever.

as it currently stands in the last fiscal year our losses went from 7 mil to 3.3 mil, this shows that we are slowly moving in the right direction, as it stands the only investment we have is in the form of soft loans from the board.  we have no external investments coming in, we have the ST money and some match day revenue and what ever TV money there is.  our profits from the retail deal are non existent.  so I ask, how are we going to fund this 3 or 4 million pound player, their wage and signing on fee etc? 

we all want to win the title we all want us to be sitting on top of the pile lording it over everyone else as we used to, however right now this season its not going to happen. Our realistic goals for this season and the start of next season have to be, finish second, progress into the group stages of the Europa league, and the Scottish cup. personally I would take the first two. 

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:49 PM, K.A.I said:

How is that beyond us? the only reason we are not in a position to do it is because King won't honour is promises.

How many millions are Celtic in debt? I hope someone reading this is now thinking "Champions League money" despite this being the first year in a few years they've qualified for it and my usual retort to it that you have to speculate to accumulate - how do you get that money in? you do it by winning the league and qualifying for it - which we won't do unless we invest the money on good players. It's really, really simple.

If we have no ambition and/or money to spend then they should all just get to fuck.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, I really do.  but......

we don't have external investment, we have no overdraft facilities, we have crippling contracts that were designed to hamstring us.  the ST money will only go so far, spending 2-3-4 million on some players does not guarantee that these players will be up to the task of playing for this club.

every fan of this club want us to progress and get back to the top of the pile, but we cannot be reckless about it.  this season was always going to be hard anyone who says different is not being honest.  we will get 55 and it will ne Warburton that delivers it in my opinion  but we have to be pragmatic about it.

5 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, I really do.  but......

we don't have external investment, we have no overdraft facilities, we have crippling contracts that were designed to hamstring us.  the ST money will only go so far, spending 2-3-4 million on some players does not guarantee that these players will be up to the task of playing for this club.

every fan of this club want us to progress and get back to the top of the pile, but we cannot be reckless about it.  this season was always going to be hard anyone who says different is not being honest.  we will get 55 and it will ne Warburton that delivers it in my opinion  but we have to be pragmatic about it.

I have asked this question before and still waiting on an answer.Where are all these people who want to invest.I do not see any multi national companies with real advertising and investment budgets queing up outside Ibrox to invest their millions on advertising and investment.Individuals and busineses invest to make money plain and simple.Perhaps those who go on and on about investment have to take on board that perhaps,just perhaps the Rangers and Scottish football is not such an attractive investment as some think.We are where we are and some realise there is not quick fix and deal with it and others unfortunately bang the same old drum and don't deal with it.That does not make the guys who deal with the financial position deluded,less ambitious,willing to settle for mediocrity it makes them realistic in the knowledge that it is going to take time.Rangers are a football club and a business.A business that is still losing money and which has had to start as much from scratch after what has been going on for the past few years.Any business will take time to build and it will take time to rebuild the brand and trust of potential investors,advertisers and lenders.

7 hours ago, martin93 said:

Aye, and Hamilton accies are only one window behind them if they go out and sign Barcelona's first team...ffs waken up we are years behind them, to say Its just one window is fantasy land, the money they have at their disposal completey dwarves ours many times over

No, it literally has been the work of one window. Rodgers coming in and lifting their current squad and adding genuine class like Dembele and Sinclair. Whereas we failed to build on what was, despite a disappointing cup final, quite a good position. 

All of that happened in one transfer window, and that's the difference. You can never say x team is x amount of years behind y team, it's just not how football works. What happens if they lose Dembele, Sinclair, Rogic or even Rodgers himself and replace them with duds? That could all happen in a single window, so would we still be 'light years behind' then? 

The significance of the gap between us has been the work of a single transfer window - that isn't me being positive. It's actually incredibly frustrating, until the day Rodgers walked through the door they got just about everything post-2012 wrong, but one really good window for them and a terrible one for us means they've got away with it. It's just how football is now, you can't put years on it. What you can say is we need significant investment in the team, and i don't think you'll find anyone disagreeing. The 'you don't need to spend to win the spl' thesis half of our support bought into in the summer has been stomped into the ground in just 14 games.