A complete lack of….everything

cushynumber

I’m struggling at this stage to articulate how bad that actually was. So this is a bit of a ramble:

A team that tried to play tippy tappy possession football were raped by a team that knew how to play attacking, penetrating football. We played triangles in the middle of the park while Hearts ruthlessly targeted our weaknesses - they played through balls at every opportunity and constantly had our defense looking over its shoulder. I like Tavernier but tonight was a genuine eye opener in how poor a defender he actually is. But look as how Hearts targeted that area to great effect - what area do we target? Well, we don’t - we try and play through defences rather than over or round them. This worked last season, - but it looks naive and childish this year.

When MW had a chance to change it he didn’t - different players in the same 4-3-3 system. Barrie Mackay in the centre of midfield? Don’t make me laugh.

Unorganised, unfocussed, no clear game plan of breaking down the opposition, no fight, no heart, barely a shot on target, no goals.

Ultimately, it wouldn’t have mattered what the starting 11 was - because there is no plan, there is no direction, there is no focus. If Pepe Guardiola is the Van Gogh of the footballing world then Mark Warburton is the 11 year old using a “painting by numbers” set to attempt “Sunflowers”.

And making an arse of it.

One of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Rangers side. And its very basic skills that are lacking. The ability to trap and pass a football, cross a football, the defensive positioning....fuxking tragic stuff.

No fight, no clear idea on what to do, no solidality. Woeful.

6 minutes ago, five stars said:

MW still learning the game. He's going to have to learn quickly.

Its no excuse.

He's had 18months. And it's been shite for 12 of them. 

If I was performing like him in my job after 18months and tried to use that excuse I'd be out on my arse.

Does MW never think to himself the football is s### let's try something different?

We just look like a team that goes through the motions every single week now.

That's Hibs (twice) Falkirk  (twice) Aberdeen,them and Hearts all away not one single point gained.

The one thing i will say is it's no longer MW who should be getting stick now its the boards turn they are to blame for letting this shambles of a gaffer continue in his job letting the club be embarrassed time and again.

We are rotten, and if anything we are getting worse. Basically our players aren't good enough - they are overpriced garbage the lot of them. Other teams are starting to cotton on to exactly how bad we are, and I can only see us slipping down the table from here on in.  This is a shambles.

11 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

I could outmuscle, disposses and skin Kiernan and Wilson with a crate of Stella under my arm and a fag in my mouth. Pathetic 'defenders'

I actually thought kiernan was the only player that played well tonight. Wallace was never in position. Wilson was always in left back 

37 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ultimately, it wouldn’t have mattered what the starting 11 was - because there is no plan, there is no direction, there is no focus. If Pepe Guardiola is the Van Gogh of the footballing world then Mark Warburton is the 11 year old using a “painting by numbers” set to attempt “Sunflowers”.

And making an arse of it.

This, great analogy, unfortunately no matter how much I like the guy thats exactly what its like.

On 30/11/2016 at 10:49 PM, Big Al II said:

This, great analogy, unfortunately no matter how much I like the guy thats exactly what its like.

The painting by numbers phrase has been knocking about in my head for ages when I watch us. We are a poor copy of better teams. 

Summed up for me in the pre match interview: Will Crooks be playing a defensive, holding type role in midfield?

Warburton: He'll be in midfield.

It's like he grabs a few bodies together before the game and goes: "Right, youse are all in defence today. Go."

No-one out there seems to have a clue what the plan is.

I think the players confidence has gone. Whether it's a lack of belief in the system or Manager i don't know. 

Everyone knew Hearts would be fired up tonight and yet our players don't seem to have the appetite for a scrap. I can accept being beaten by the better team on the night. What is unacceptable is the lack of fight. 

quite a number of our players were hiding tonight and that's not good enough. Until there's a change of system and/or Manager we are going to have to suffer this pish over and over again

On 30/11/2016 at 11:00 PM, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Summed up for me in the pre match interview: Will Crooks be playing a defensive, holding type role in midfield?

Warburton: He'll be in midfield.

It's like he grabs a few bodies together before the game and goes: "Right, youse are all in defence today. Go."

No-one out there seems to have a clue what the plan is.

I don't think he knows beyond " control the ball" - that's it.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The painting by numbers phrase has been knocking about in my head for ages when I watch us. We are a poor copy of better teams. 

Nothing about the club is good enough to play that system at this point...what do you do...tighten up change the system and survive, stay in touch with opposition until you can improve the personnel. Not MW apparently.

On 30/11/2016 at 11:04 PM, Big Al II said:

Nothing about the club is good enough to play that system at this point...what do you do...tighten up change the system and survive, stay in touch with opposition until you can improve the personnel. Not MW apparently.

Exactly,  go 4-4-2, you tighten up, you stick dodo and garner up front and you tell your midfield to pass through the channels and tell your forwards to be looking for the through ball all the time.

At least it's a fucking tactic, a plan, something to build on. Rather than "control the ball" with no thought to what you are actually going to do with it.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Exactly,  go 4-4-2, you tighten up, you stick dodo and garner up front and you tell your midfield to pass through the channels and tell your forwards to be looking for the through ball all the time.

At least it's a fucking tactic, a plan, something to build on. Rather than "control the ball" with no thought to what you are actually going to do with it.

He wont change and for the first time i dont see him turning it around.

Never know with 18 months, 3 windows and £15m he might, but he will get none of those.

He needs to be pragmatic, play a system that suits the players strengths, stabilise, then tinker in the smaller games.

First half felt like:

Wes to Wilson to Wallace to a fucked up pass in midfield and then scramble to get it back.

Second half:

Wes just smashing it up the park to absolutely no cunt and us struggling win a single fucking thing in the air.

Couldn't even look like a capable team for 5 fucking minutes!