Rangers fans being SNP supporters

Rambo1872

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Choosing your battles in the context of abusing Bears is a euphemism for hypocrisy. Nobody is saying don't see Labour as the lesser of evils if that's what you think they are, but don't call people scum if they decide the other of two unpalatable choice is the lesser of evils. Or if they see neither as evil. Both of which arguments could be made for.

The above bolded is your choice, and yours alone. At the end of the day, if you choose to abuse Bears that vote SNP by calling them scum or whatever, whilst failing to do the same for people that vote for a party that actively discriminates/discriminated against Rangers/protestants , they you're a straightforward hypocrite, not because you're wrong about your priorities, but because you don't recognise that both sides have acted in a damaging way towards Rangers/PUL etc, and one is being called for it whilst the other isn't.

Bottom line is both have been similarly repugnant, so Bears that vote for each should be treated similarly. With similar tolerance, hopefully.

Sorry but where have I actually said I abused anyone ? I simply stated that a bear voting for SNP just does not sit right with me and I stand by that. And you are acting like I am some sort of labour voter , I am not . Scottish labour are a bunch of sleekit bastards and the Westminster based Labour Party are currently ruled by an IRA loving old arsehole . 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Sorry but where have I actually said I abused anyone ? I simply stated that a bear voting for SNP just does not sit right with me and I stand by that. And you are acting like I am some sort of labour voter , I am not . Scottish labour are a bunch of sleekit bastards and the Westminster based Labour Party are currently ruled by an IRA loving old arsehole . 

Never said you had. That's simply what the discussion has been about. 'You' is in the broad, not specific sense. I'm not talking about cr3_bear when I say 'you'.

I am not acting like you're a Labour voter either. I'm making a point about people choosing to abuse some but not others or of their being hypocritical. The Labour point started before you even joined. 

None of it is about you, it's about the point. Which I'd have thought would be apparent, given that it was being argued before you joined.

And I don't care who you vote. It's others that care about that to the point of abusing fellow supporters.

17 hours ago, lanarkshire_bear said:

You're making some really fair points. I've never understood why the Independence debate gets some people so hot under the collar on here, to the extent that fellow Bears are scum if they vote SNP. Even if the objections are based on the economic / defence / foreign affairs / whatever issues then fair enough, but it still doesn't make someone who disagrees with you scum. I feel anethema towards anyone who votes Tory, but I don't think they are scum.

Here's a thought. The SNP would, in my opinion, fragment into pieces if it ever achieved its stated aim. At the moment, it's actually many different interest groups united under one banner. Those that lean towards the right would no longer need to pretend to like those who lean towards the left. Some would drift towards Labour, some Tory, some whatever. However, the existing "Catholic vote" would now be very much in the minority.

An independent Scotland would still have the Queen as the head of state, which is important to many, we would just stop having legislation made for us by Westminster. What remains of the "Protestant" vote in Scotland, allied with the now majority non-religious vote overall, would arguably mean an end to say, Catholic Schools, Catholic domination of certain councils etc...

Anyone who thinks that protestants would somehow benefit from an independent Scotland are deluding themselves, we're hated and discriminated against enough as it is thanks to devolution

Chat about other parties misses the point as well, whatever damage Labour, Tories etc do can ultimately be reversed and there's always a chance for them to be voted out every four or five years

If the SNP got their way it would be irreversible damage, however bad things got there's no way we'd ever get the chance to rejoin the UK so that's us stuck regardless of what party was running an independent Scottish Parliament

If you can't vote tactically for someone like Labour then at the very least don't vote at all, giving the SNP a vote because others are so bad is complete stupidity

8 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Anyone who thinks that protestants would somehow benefit from an independent Scotland are deluding themselves, we're hated and discriminated against enough as it is thanks to devolution

SNP voters crave protestants suffering.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Yup, their core base is the catholic/irish republican sympathisers vote now and keeping them happy is number one priority

I thankfully do still know catholics that can see through the SNP lies but too many of them have fallen for it and won't let go

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

And all things British. Some of the things that John Mason has came out with on twitter is just straight up xenophobic, if it was a black or gay he was talking about then the cunt would be hounded to no end.

But because it's Brits it's alright apparently? 

Also just look at the Snats going into taig pubs where "up the RA" is sung in full voice, yet to see the cunts go to the louden or that. 

I actually feel sorry for them, they are so poisoned with propaganda and lies they cannot even see how much they are being manipulated.

The SNP prey on the weak minded and sadly our country is full (Not majority mind you!!) of those types who are easy targets.

21 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I actually feel sorry for them, they are so poisoned with propaganda and lies they cannot even see how much they are being manipulated.

The SNP prey on the weak minded and sadly our country is full (Not majority mind you!!) of those types who are easy targets.

Bang on . The SNP are dangerous . A party that hates unionists , Protestants and anyone who does not align with their one policy agenda . They react to democratic votes like a bunch of spoilt weans if it does not go the way they wanted it to  . A horrible cult who I can only hope begin sliding down the polls over the next ten years 

On 15 December 2016 at 3:56 PM, simplythebest said:

I'm only 24 and honestly feel embarrassed much of the time with how large an amount of my generation seems to fall for that shite, can only hope that like with most things increased age will wake them up to reality

Do most Rangers fans your age vote Snp? Surely not.

33 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Do most Rangers fans your age vote Snp? Surely not.

As a 22 year old, I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head in my class (of about 19-26 year olds) that voted no. 

The ones I know for a fact that didn't vote no is only boys/girls my age that goes on the supporters bus. 

On 14/12/2016 at 7:16 PM, cr3_bear said:

People can vote how they want I have no issue with how they vote . Yes Sinn Fein , their main agenda is the end of the Union aswell so it's not hard to draw the parallels between both parties . Why do you think the SNP have been cosying in with them , to pander to to the republican vote . Sure labour where guilty of that but the Scottish republican vote is much more dangerous with the SNP than it ever was with Scottish labour . Scottish labour where in charge for God knows how many years and there was never a murmur of Scottish independence , the SNP have been in charge for under ten and have held a referendum and hell bent on getting another one . 

Actually there was. Both Manny Shinwell and James Maxton were strongly in favour of Scottish Independence. It was part of Labour's platform in Scotland for many years following its inception.