Rangers fans being SNP supporters

Rambo1872

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/9/2016 at 7:33 AM, Prso's headband said:

Getting more and more obvious who the SNP supporters are in our support. Many of them don't sing things like that and some "Rangers fan" even tweeted that we should blow up Buckingham Palace with the Queen in it. 

Lowest of the low. They are all around my age (22) or below and its sickening to watch it. Heads are full of shite about big bad Westminster. 

I mean what must it be like for a SNP Yes Voter to be in a packed ibrox with Rule Britannia getting sung? 
Do they just sit silently in contempt of their follow supporters? 

Being a Rangers fan is also about being proud to be British, and supporting the monarchy.  The snp have managed to persuade the far left over to their cause. I actually class myself as a left winger and very liberal, but what a lot of the Snp supporters don't  realise is that they have been utterly brainwashed into basically hating another country i.e England. Critical thinking is important in any society, and the Snp have managed to abolish that in many people. What they are getting away with is disgusting and does indeed  make me ashamed to say I come from Scotland. There was always good banter between English and Scottish people without much real animosity; that, however, has now changed and the nats have driven a wedge between the Scottish people that will take years to be eradicated. I was disappointed with the Brexit result, but hate the way the nats have made it all about them. 

22 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I mean what must it be like for a SNP Yes Voter to be in a packed ibrox with Rule Britannia getting sung? 

Yup. I started a thread months ago about the time I had one idiot behind me claiming William Wallace should be on a Scottish £5 note and not the Queen and how the Queen has done fuck all for this country etc etc. Obviously not many people on this site believed me and that's the problem. It's happening so much more often and its sickening. Support a party that essentially promotes that Scotland is a country of many cultures bar Rangers and then support that very team on the Saturday. Ridiculous if you ask me. 

3 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Being a Rangers fan is also about being proud to be British, and supporting the monarchy.  The snp have managed to persuade the far left over to their cause. I actually class myself as a left winger and very liberal, but what a lot of the Snp supporters don't  realise is that they have been utterly brainwashed into basically hating another country i.e England. Critical thinking is important in any society, and the Snp have managed to abolish that in many people. What they are getting away with is disgusting and does indeed  make me ashamed to say I come from Scotland. There was always good banter between English and Scottish people without much real animosity; that, however, has now changed and the nats have driven a wedge between the Scottish people that will take years to be eradicated. I was disappointed with the Brexit result, but hate the way the nats have made it all about them. 

It isn't for me, and I don't even vote SNP or Yes.

That's what people need to understand. Other people are not you. And they've persuaded much of the left, not just the far left. 

I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking it's all about a lack of critical thinking either. I think that would simplify the issue. People vote a particular way for a variety of reasons.

Anyway, you could quite easily make similar arguments '(how could a Rangers fan vote...') about working class people, which most Bears are, voting Tory. Or protestants, which most Bears are, voting Labour.

25 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Probably the same as me (i.e. someone that isn't really nationalistic - in the British sense - in the slightest). I join in as part of the tribalism of being a Rangers fan. I'd suggest that many SNP voters/Yes voters are not rabid nationalists. So why would such people sit in contempt? Sometimes I think that's what staunch unionists like to believe, the sitting in contempt thing. Because it's not hard to imagine reasons why SNP/Yes voters could be comfortable in a unionist atmosphere if you try.

I actually know SNP voters and Yes voters that sing the songs. It's not hypocrisy. It's that they vote SNP/Yes for reasons other than mad nationalistic fervour.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

William Wallace should be on a Scottish £5 note

Someone's watched too much braveheart clearly. 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Queen has done fuck all for this country etc etc

Palace brings in 500m a year through tourism alone :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Obviously not many people on this site believed me and that's the problem. It's happening so much more often and its sickening. Support a party that essentially promotes that Scotland is a country of many cultures bar Rangers and then support that very team on the Saturday. Ridiculous if you ask me. 

I completely agree with you, the scotland the Nats push is VERY anti british and it just some happens that Rangers is quite possibly the most "british" scottish football club. Even having 2 portraits of the queen in the changing room. 

It is very sickening and worrying when you consider just how gung ho they are with it, to the point where they disregard public health systems, education and so on. Amount of abuse I've seen unionists get from them is ridiculous. 

17 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Someone's watched too much braveheart clearly. 

Palace brings in 500m a year through tourism alone :lol: 

I completely agree with you, the scotland the Nats push is VERY anti british and it just some happens that Rangers is quite possibly the most "british" scottish football club. Even having 2 portraits of the queen in the changing room. 

It is very sickening and worrying when you consider just how gung ho they are with it, to the point where they disregard public health systems, education and so on. Amount of abuse I've seen unionists get from them is ridiculous. 

Aye. I know people say don't bring politics into football but c'mon it's just natural I think to be more unionist and British considering what the clubs values are. Its alarming its happening because I could bet my life you'll no find a Israel flag waving, Thatcherite who goes and watches cellic. 

When you see the taigish antics and ramblings of the Yes movement I find it utterly astonishing that anyone who follows our club could relate to that pish.

It's literally a bunch of angry poisonous men and women (throw a good portion of stinking students into the mix) who want nothing more than to piss all over the things this club stand for.

Folk who hang their colours to that mast make me sick, especially if they are packed into Ibrox pretending to be something they are clearly not.

Some folk wont like that because it will hit home but fuck it.

Scum

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

It isn't for me, and I don't even vote SNP or Yes.

That's what people need to understand. Other people are not you. And they've persuaded much of the left, not just the far left. 

I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking it's all about a lack of critical thinking either. I think that would simplify the issue. People vote a particular way for a variety of reasons.

Anyway, you could quite easily make similar arguments '(how could a Rangers fan vote...') about working class people, which most Bears are, voting Tory. Or protestants, which most Bears are, voting Labour.

Probably the same as me (i.e. someone that isn't really nationalistic - in the British sense - in the slightest). I join in as part of the tribalism of being a Rangers fan. I'd suggest that many SNP voters/Yes voters are not rabid nationalists. So why would such people sit in contempt? Sometimes I think that's what staunch unionists like to believe, the sitting in contempt thing. Because it's not hard to imagine reasons why SNP/Yes voters could be comfortable in a unionist atmosphere if you try.

I actually know SNP voters and Yes voters that sing the songs. It's not hypocrisy. It's that they vote SNP/Yes for reasons other than mad nationalistic fervour.

Actually, I should have said that for me being proud to be British is a big part of being a Rangers fan. 

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

When you see the taigish antics and ramblings of the Yes movement I find it utterly astonishing that anyone who follows our club could relate to that pish.

It's literally a bunch of angry poisonous men and women (throw a good portion of stinking students into the mix) who want nothing more than to piss all over the things this club stand for.

Folk who hang their colours to that mast make me sick, especially if they are packed into Ibrox pretending to be something they are clearly not.

Some folk wont like that because it will hit home but fuck it.

Scum

By that logic you could make the same argument for you being scum, given that you've voted Labour in the recent past. Taigish antics and ramblings etc.

Let's face it. This is all some weird SJW-esque greetin because other people don't vote the way you want them to and have different politics. It's all very SJW like, actually. Reminds me of the way they all behaved when Trump won the election.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

By that logic you could make the same argument for you being scum, given that you've voted Labour in the recent past. Taigish antics and ramblings etc.

Let's face it. This is all some weird SJW-esque greetin because other people don't vote the way you want them to and have different politics. It's all very SJW like, actually. Reminds me of the way they all behaved when Trump won the election.

Wow

Just now, Inigo said:

Go on...

For a start Labour has always been a Unionist party. 

You said something about someone voting for Labour in the past. There's nothing wrong with that although anyone voting for them now with Corbyn at the helm being the IRA loving bastard that he is would be a different matter. They are not the party they once were, when you were referring to them there. 

Even the cretins they had previously such as Galloway and Reid - I don't mind that they are Celtic supporters, what counts is that they're for the union and campaigned hard to maintain it.

I've a lot more respect for someone like them than a Scottish Protestant or Rangers fan that voted YES and/or for the SNP - even if I don't like their other policies and beliefs. 

It's also ridiculous to put the bit about Trump in at the end too. There's a big difference between not liking who's been voted for/voted in for and people who we've seen recently rioting in USA, raising tens of millions for recounts in American states, people here taking the Government to court in an attempt to halt Brexit .. the list goes on. 

Can you show me one person on here who's anti-SNP but is undemocratic about it? ... everyone's entitled to not like someone or something. It doesn't make them a hypocrite - especially using that logic of yours. It seems really desperate.

You always seem to stick up for these baw bags in our support that support the SNP but never have anything to say about the reasons why? you've plenty to say to people criticising them but you've not said anything about that prick from Cathcart and his Tweets, that I've seen? 

Why is that? 

I loved voting in the referendum

At the school where the vote was I walked by a bunch of yes voters with their wee flags blah blah

"Are you decided on your vote? Would you like a Yes flyer?"

"Oh no need my good man, I'm hitting that yes box, independence for me"

"Excellent Sir, Bravo"

Once I walked out

"By the way, did i fuck vote yes ya prick, take your stall and fuck off"

:lol: they were fucking raging :lol:

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You said something about someone voting for Labour in the past. There's nothing wrong with that although anyone voting for them now with Corbyn at the helm being the IRA loving bastard that he is would be a different matter. They are not the party they once were, when you were referring to them there. 

Even the cretins they had previously such as Galloway and Reid - I don't mind that they are Celtic supporters, what counts is that they're for the union and campaigned hard to maintain it.

I've a lot more respect for someone like them than a Scottish Protestant or Rangers fan that voted YES and/or for the SNP - even if I don't like their other policies and beliefs. 

It's also ridiculous to put the bit about Trump in at the end too. There's a big difference between not liking who's been voted for/voted in for and people who we've seen recently rioting in USA, raising tens of millions for recounts in American states, people here taking the Government to court in an attempt to halt Brexit .. the list goes on. 

Can you show me one person on here who's anti-SNP but is undemocratic about it? ... everyone's entitled to not like someone or something. It doesn't make them a hypocrite - especially using that logic of yours. It seems really desperate.

You always seem to stick up for these baw bags in our support that support the SNP but never have anything to say about the reasons why? you've plenty to say to people criticising them but you've not said anything about that prick from Cathcart and his Tweets, that I've seen? 

Why is that? 

Why is that? 

Right, OK. Labour has always been a unionist party. Yup, they have. So are we only allowed to analyse how people vote in relation to that? Do you think that's the only way Rangers can be affected by voting? Is there any proof that it would actually affect Rangers?

Or are we allowed to look at how voting Labour has affected the wider Rangers or protestant or whatever you want to call it community? So in this example we've got a guy in Wishaw that's voted Labour in the past calling Rangers fans scum for voting SNP. Same Wishaw that's in a part of the country that should know fine well how Labour has acted, and continues to act, in terms of sectarianism. Labour that actively funded Catholic parts of N Lanarkshire at the expense of protestant. Labour that very sneakily found ways of avoiding employing non-Catholics. A Labour that in other parts of the country to this day still operates in a distinctly sectarian fashion. A Labour Party that in those other parts has used tax payers cash to attend sellic games, and who have had and still have prominent members associated with the sellic Board. That have used tax payers cash to fund improvements at sellic park and have been implicated in giving them cheap land (is that not more of a direct and obvious threat to Rangers?) . And that's not even discussing all the other various shite that Labour has inflicted on us over recent history, in a wider sense.

So we justified in calling Labour voters scum, are we? Of course not, because all the rabid anti-nationalist SJW-esque (it IS a similar phenomenon, the videos you see on the internet. Just because some take it to extremes doesn't mean the average greetin-faced RMer isn't similar to the ones that don't) types can't see beyond independence or the SNP.

I stick up for SNP voters because I'm not blinkered. I know that there's strong arguments to be made against most parties. Whether I agree or disagree with those arguments is irrelevant. That's politics. Unless you're an SJW or a rabid anti-Nat RMer, of course, in which case it's toys oot the pram and an inability to accept that others have different opinions and you might not be right. I also have family and friends that have voted SNP and Yes that have put way more time and money into the club than the like of The Godfather, and have been a supporter for a lot longer. So I have personal experience of how it's quite possible to be both a Bear and vote that way.

You've seen me criticise the SNP/Yes when it mattered. I direct you to the threads around the vote where I was about as vociferously anti-SNP/Yes as anyone. I don't feel the need to comment on every issue, any more than I do any issue that comes up in the politics section. You might have seen that I haven't posted much on any of the ramblings over there?? Largely because I don't comment on everything and often can't be bothered with it. But if you think I haven't criticised the SNP repeatedly, you're really not remembering right.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Right, OK. Labour has always been a unionist party. Yup, they have. So are we only allowed to analyse how people vote in relation to that? Do you think that's the only way Rangers can be affected by voting? Is there any proof that it would actually affect Rangers?

Or are we allowed to look at how voting Labour has affected the wider Rangers or protestant or whatever you want to call it community? So in this example we've got a guy in Wishaw that's voted Labour in the past calling Rangers fans scum for voting SNP. Same Wishaw that's in a part of the country that should know fine well how Labour has acted, and continues to act, in terms of sectarianism. Labour that actively funded Catholic parts of N Lanarkshire at the expense of protestant. Labour that very sneakily found ways of avoiding employing non-Catholics. A Labour that in other parts of the country to this day still operates in a distinctly sectarian fashion. A Labour Party that in those other parts has used tax payers cash to attend sellic games, and who have had and still have prominent members associated with the sellic Board. That have used tax payers cash to fund improvements at sellic park and have been implicated in giving them cheap land (is that not more of a direct and obvious threat to Rangers?) . And that's not even discussing all the other various shite that Labour has inflicted on us over recent history, in a wider sense.

So we justified in calling Labour voters scum, are we? Of course not, because all the rabid anti-nationalist SJW-esque (it IS a similar phenomenon, the videos you see on the internet. Just because some take it to extremes doesn't mean the average greetin-faced RMer isn't similar to the ones that don't) types can't see beyond independence or the SNP.

I stick up for SNP voters because I'm not blinkered. I know that there's strong arguments to be made against most parties. Whether I agree or disagree with those arguments is irrelevant. That's politics. Unless you're an SJW or a rabid anti-Nat RMer, of course, in which case it's toys oot the pram and an inability to accept that others have different opinions and you might not be right. I also have family and friends that have voted SNP and Yes that have put way more time and money into the club than the like of The Godfather, and have been a supporter for a lot longer. So I have personal experience of how it's quite possible to be both a Bear and vote that way.

You've seen me criticise the SNP/Yes when it mattered. I direct you to the threads around the vote where I was about as vociferously anti-SNP/Yes as anyone. I don't feel the need to comment on every issue, any more than I do any issue that comes up in the politics section. You might have seen that I haven't posted much on any of the ramblings over there?? Largely because I don't comment on everything and often can't be bothered with it. But if you think I haven't criticised the SNP repeatedly, you're really not remembering right.

So what are you trying to say? ... Labour are as bad as the SNP? 

I'm not a Labour voter. I don't like them but there's no-one scummier than the SNP. 

So what are you trying to say? ... Labour are as bad as the SNP? 

I'm not a Labour voter. I don't like them but there's no-one scummier than the SNP. 

No. I'm saying better make sure you're squeaky clean if you're going to call a bunch of Bears scum.

Personally, I have equally little time for SNP and Tory, slightly more for Labour, but not by much. But that's just me. I can easily see how different people could make different arguments for different ones being more reprehensible. Which is why sitting calling one group scum is a nonsense. Politics is full of liars and schemers in every direction.

I'm interested in which party a Bear should vote for?

General consensus on here is :

If I vote for SNP then I'm scum.

If I vote Labour then I'm scum

if I vote Green Party = shite name and scum anyway

But for me, there's no way I'm ever going to vote Tory. A lot of good Bears in North Lanarkshire were thrown on the employment scrapheap by Thatcher and her cronies.

2 minutes ago, lanarkshire_bear said:

But for me, there's no way I'm ever going to vote Tory. A lot of good Bears in North Lanarkshire were thrown on the employment scrapheap by Thatcher and her cronies.

Don't vote or spoil the paper. It's the only way to be sure.

2 minutes ago, lanarkshire_bear said:

You do know she was a Rangers fan right? Came to a fair amount of games and had a seat in the directors box. 

5 minutes ago, lanarkshire_bear said:

If I vote Labour then I'm cum

There lies the problem.

I would never vote for any separatist clueless party particularly the vile SNP and it's extremely unlikely that I would ever vote for the Tories especially now with Johnson IDS etc

I have voted Labour (far from perfect) all my life but I want rid of Corbyn and the loony left.