Rangers fans being SNP supporters

Rambo1872

That's the thing no party is squeeky clean but the snp are vile bastards. They hate Britain and there brainwashed dribblers hate what Rangers is.

We all know it, let them stick their stickers up and fly their wee saltire till they are blue in the face. It's changing nothing.

Rule Britania 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/12/2016 at 8:31 PM, lanarkshire_bear said:

I'm interested in which party a Bear should vote for?

General consensus on here is :

If I vote for SNP then I'm scum.

If I vote Labour then I'm scum

if I vote Green Party = shite name and scum anyway

But for me, there's no way I'm ever going to vote Tory. A lot of good Bears in North Lanarkshire were thrown on the employment scrapheap by Thatcher and her cronies.

Dry your tears ya dick.

Thatchers not been Prime minister for nearly 30 years.

Are you still unemployed? Did you just moan when made redundant or did you get off your fat arse and get a job?

Margaret Thatcher get the blame of everything in this country by poor wee victims like your self.

Thatcher didn't like coal fires.

Thatcher didn't like the steel industry.

Thatcher made my weans teeth fall out by taking their milk aff them.

On 11/12/2016 at 0:37 AM, WCPRANGERS1 said:

And I give you the MSP for Cathcart......

https://mobile.twitter.com/glasgowcathcart/status/807605912680747012

It's bad enough that the general social media population think Phil's blog has even an ounce of credibility, but a fucking well educated guy chosen to represent this country's electorate :power_of_anguish:

Sums that joke of a cult party up. They will burn in time, or the country will if people continue to refuse to see. 

2 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Dry your tears ya dick.

Thatchers not been Prime minister for nearly 30 years.

Are you still unemployed? Did you just moan when made redundant or did you get off your fat arse and get a job?

Margaret Thatcher get the blame of everything in this country by poor wee victims like your self.

Thatcher didn't like coal fires.

Thatcher didn't like the steel industry.

Thatcher made my weans teeth fall out by taking their milk aff them.

This is too subtle for me. What are you trying to say?

On 12 December 2016 at 5:40 PM, Inigo said:

By that logic you could make the same argument for you being scum, given that you've voted Labour in the recent past. Taigish antics and ramblings etc.

Let's face it. This is all some weird SJW-esque greetin because other people don't vote the way you want them to and have different politics. It's all very SJW like, actually. Reminds me of the way they all behaved when Trump won the election.

Labour are a different kettle of fish to the SNP , the SNP's soul purpose is to destroy the union which many rangers fans hold dear . 

Scottish labour has been infested , yes but independence was never on the cards with Scottish labour , because the Westminster based Labour Party would never have backed it to begin with , even with someone like Corbyn in charge .

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

It's bad enough that the general social media population think Phil's blog has even an ounce of credibility, but a fucking well educated guy chosen to represent this country's electorate :power_of_anguish:

Sums that joke of a cult party up. They will burn in time, or the country will if people continue to refuse to see. 

Mate the same guy asked in Scottish Parliament for the tarriers to be praised for their their Palestine flags despite being a strong supporter of the OBAF act which laws it breaks AND says it's the footballs job to intervene in the child abuse scandal not the Scottish Govts, despite thinking they should tackle people signing songs......at the football!

I think even people who may have a solid educational background get wet warped when it comes to their football club.

2 hours ago, calio said:

Look at this cunt.

Cllr Vincent Waters– ‏@WatersSNP

@gersmandan Offence is also a legal definition. The point of the act is to prohibit behaviour at games that damages our whole society.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: 

Sing TBB and the whole of society comes crashing down :lol: 

Cllr Vincent Waters– ‏@WatersSNP

@gersmandan @SuperN7RFC See that's the problem. Too many folk too easily "baited" or "offended". We used to have humour in this city. Let's have it again...

THE FAMINE IS OVER

2 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Labour are a different kettle of fish to the SNP , the SNP's soul purpose is to destroy the union which many rangers fans hold dear . 

Scottish labour has been infested , yes but independence was never on the cards with Scottish labour , because the Westminster based Labour Party would never have backed it to begin with , even with someone like Corbyn in charge .

That kind of misses the point I was making. Again, this post makes it all about Unionism, as if nothing can affect Rangers or the 'PUL community' except the independence issue. Both the SNP and Labour could be seen as having been deeply damaging to both, yet people call Rangers fans scum for supporting one, but not the other (like the examples from the Labour party that have affected Rangers and the protestant community in some pretty deep ways). 

Yes/No isn't the only thing that can affect Rangers/PUL negatively and pretty deeply, but it is the only one that gets you called scum, and turns people into foaming authoritarians that say that you can't be a Rangers fan because of how you vote or that are just hateful towards other Rangers fans. And some of it's hypocrisy, because they themselves vote for some parties that have been pretty damaging to Rangers. But you know, free pass, because it doesn't relate to independence.

13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

That kind of misses the point I was making. Again, this post makes it all about Unionism, as if nothing can affect Rangers or the 'PUL community' except the independence issue. Both the SNP and Labour could be seen as having been deeply damaging to both, yet people call Rangers fans scum for supporting one, but not the other (like the examples from the Labour party that have affected Rangers and the protestant community in some pretty deep ways). 

Yes/No isn't the only thing that can affect Rangers/PUL negatively and pretty deeply, but it is the only one that gets you called scum, and turns people into foaming authoritarians that say that you can't be a Rangers fan because of how you vote or that are just hateful towards other Rangers fans. And some of it's hypocrisy, because they themselves vote for some parties that have been pretty damaging to Rangers. But you know, free pass, because it doesn't relate to independence.

I would rather a labour run Scotland as part of the union than an independent Scotland ran by the SNP any day of the week . 

The snp and their whole manifesto stands against everything this club stands for , and like it or not the PUL community is the lifeblood of this club , it's the reason we are not just some substandard run of the mill Scottish club . We are more than a club , we are a sporting focal point for a community who at present are getting battered from pillar to post because of our beliefs , traditions and views. You don't necessaryily have to be part of that to support our club but it should at least be respected and in my eyes voting against one the main things we hold dear -our union - flys in the very face of that respect . 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

I would rather a labour run Scotland as part of the union than an independent Scotland ran by the SNP any day of the week . 

I'd rather neither, but that's not the point. 

The point is that being vicious towards SNP voting Bears (for the reasons people give for being so on here) whilst voting Labour can be shown to be hypocritical and that it's ridiculous to call SNP voting Bears scum when you vote Labour.  

And that you could probably make similar arguments involving other parties.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'd rather neither, but that's not the point. 

The point is that being vicious towards SNP voting Bears (for the reasons people give for being so on here) whilst voting Labour can be shown to be hypocritical and that it's ridiculous to call SNP voting Bears scum when you vote Labour.  

And that you could probably make similar arguments involving other parties.

Your missing the point ,apply enough pressure over time and you can change Scottish labour and their one sidedness . Particularly now when they are licking their wounds and looking for voters and ways to get them . You will never change the SNPs main principle and it's not like they keep it a secret , vote SNP and you know exactly what you are likely to get from it 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Your missing the point ,apply enough pressure over time and you can change Scottish labour and their one sidedness . Particularly now when they are licking their wounds and looking for voters and ways to get them . You will never change the SNPs main principle and it's not like they keep it a secret , vote SNP and you know exactly what you are likely to get from it 

I'm missing nothing. Labour have actually done things to damage the PUL community and Rangers heavily, the things I stated. They've done things that continue to affect us, arguably more than the SNP have actually done. They continue to do them. Aye, OK they may change. Get back to me when they have and then maybe you'll have a reason to say people voting Labour calling SNP voters scum are not hypocritical. At the moment, whilst the have done those things in the near past and continue to do things that damage Rangers/the PUL, sorry, the 'aye but they can change and the SNP won't' projection bears little relevance to that question.

And that's not even starting with all sorts of other political arguments against various parties that can be made. But you know, independence is all that seems to matter to some on here, so it's all that should matter to anyone else, and only RM anti-Nats can be right and everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about, and so can be referred to, quite arrogantly, as scum. 

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'm missing nothing. Labour have actually done things to damage the PUL community and Rangers heavily, the things I stated. They've done things that continue to affect us, arguably more than the SNP have actually done. They continue to do them. Aye, OK they may change. Get back to me when they have and then maybe you'll have a reason to say people voting Labour calling SNP voters scum are not hypocritical. At the moment, whilst the have done those things in the near past and continue to do things that damage Rangers/the PUL, sorry, the 'aye but they can change and the SNP won't' projection bears little relevance to that question.

And that's not even starting with all sorts of other political arguments against various parties that can be made. But you know, independence is all that seems to matter to some on here, so it's all that should matter to anyone else, and only RM anti-Nats can be right and everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about, and so can be referred to, quite arrogantly, as scum. 

i am not a labour voter but I personally have more time for a labour voter than I do any SNP voter. A Scottish bear voting for SNP is like an Ulster bear voting sin feinn in my eyes . It just does not make sense 

7 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

i am not a labour voter but I personally have more time for a labour voter than I do any SNP voter. A Scottish bear voting for SNP is like an Ulster bear voting sin feinn in my eyes . It just does not make sense 

Despite all the things I've listed that Labour does and has done? Makes little sense.

Sin Feinn. Lol. People need a sense of perspective. Not to mention that if you're going to make 'out there' statements like that, again, in many ways that matter, Labour could be seen as closer to Sin Feinn. But those independence blinkers mean only SNP voting Bears are bad.

This is why I say let people vote who they want to vote and don't throw the toys oot the pram when they vote the way you don't want them to. That, after all, is democracy. 

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Despite all the things I've listed that Labour does and has done? Makes little sense.

Sin Feinn. Lol. People need a sense of perspective. Not to mention that if you're going to make 'out there' statements like that, again, in many ways that matter, Labour could be seen as closer to Sin Feinn. But those independence blinkers mean only SNP voting Bears are bad.

This is why I say let people vote who they want to vote and don't throw the toys oot the pram when they vote the way you don't want them to. That, after all, is democracy. 

People can vote how they want I have no issue with how they vote . Yes Sinn Fein , their main agenda is the end of the Union aswell so it's not hard to draw the parallels between both parties . Why do you think the SNP have been cosying in with them , to pander to to the republican vote . Sure labour where guilty of that but the Scottish republican vote is much more dangerous with the SNP than it ever was with Scottish labour . Scottish labour where in charge for God knows how many years and there was never a murmur of Scottish independence , the SNP have been in charge for under ten and have held a referendum and hell bent on getting another one . 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

People can vote how they want I have no issue with how they vote . Yes Sinn Fein , their main agenda is the end of the Union aswell so it's not hard to draw the parallels between both parties . Why do you think the SNP have been cosying in with them , to pander to to the republican vote . Sure labour where guilty of that but the Scottish republican vote is much more dangerous with the SNP than it ever was with Scottish labour . 

Sin Feinn represent a whole lot more than being against the union that means that the comparison with the SNP is ridiculous. Besides, ending the Union is not, in and of itself, a scummy choice. It's just a different one. 

As for the SNP cozying up, yeah, it's unpalatable. Nobody, least of all me, is saying they're a force for good. But none of this dispels the hypocrisy issue. All it says is that the SNP is bad in different ways. Labour, need I remind us, actively employed Catholics and avoided protestants. They massively funded Catholic areas that were Irish Republican hotbeds, at the expense of protestant areas. 

But again, one form of pandering is OK, the other gets you called scum. I'd suggest that, if you were living in N Lanarkshire, the Labour Party pandering to Catholics was much more dangerous to you back then than the SNP is now by making friends with Sin Feinn. I'd suggest that GCC favouring Catholics over others could argued to be worse, whilst their financial backing of sellic is infinitely worse for Rangers itself. Independence hasn't even happened, and looks less likely with each passing day. It' blinkered hypocrisy to treat SNP voting Bears with disdain without so doing for Labour ones. Unless independence is all that matters to you, of course.

Personally, I'd treat neither with any disdain. They're Bears and this isn't a niche club of any kind.

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Sin Feinn represent a whole lot more than being against the union that means that the comparison with the SNP is ridiculous. Besides, ending the Union is not, in and of itself, a scummy choice. It's just a different one. 

As for the SNP cozying up, yeah, it's unpalatable. Nobody, least of all me, is saying they're a force for good. But none of this dispels the hypocrisy issue. All it says is that the SNP is bad in different ways. Labour, need I remind us, actively employed Catholics and avoided protestants. They massively funded Catholic areas that were Irish Republican hotbeds, at the expense of protestant areas. 

But again, one form of pandering is OK, the other gets you called scum. I'd suggest that, if you were living in N Lanarkshire, the Labour Party pandering to Catholics was much more dangerous to you back then than the SNP is now by making friends with Sin Feinn. I'd suggest that GCC favouring Catholics over others could argued to be worse, whilst their financial backing of sellic is infinitely worse for Rangers itself. Independence hasn't even happened, and looks less likely with each passing day. It' blinkered hypocrisy to treat SNP voting Bears with disdain without so doing for Labour ones. Unless independence is all that matters to you, of course.

Personally, I'd treat neither with any disdain. They're Bears and this isn't a niche club of any kind.

The SNP came up with a law which has landed various bears with 5 year jail terms for singing a song and a law which seems very heavily sided towards jailing rangers fans for their song choices . No doubt about it , Scottish labour were far more sleekit in their way they went about things but you have to choose your battles wisely and right now the main issue facing us is a never ending cry for another referendum from the SNP , once that is nipped in the bud then we can focus on Scottish labour and trying to rid it's biased standing . That's if they ever get their act together because right now they are a busted flush anyway 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

The SNP came up with a law which has landed various bears with 5 year jail terms for singing a song and a law which seems very heavily sided towards jailing rangers fans for their song choices . No doubt about it , Scottish labour were far more sleekit in their way they went about things but you have to choose your battles wisely and right now the main issue facing us is a never ending cry for another referendum from the SNP , once that is nipped in the bud then we can focus on Scottish labour and trying to rid it's biased standing . 

Choosing your battles in the context of abusing Bears is a euphemism for hypocrisy. Nobody is saying don't see Labour as the lesser of evils if that's what you think they are, but don't call people scum if they decide the other of two unpalatable choice is the lesser of evils. Or if they see neither as evil. Both of which arguments could be made for.

The above bolded is your choice, and yours alone. At the end of the day, if you choose to abuse Bears that vote SNP by calling them scum or whatever, whilst failing to do the same for people that vote for a party that actively discriminates/discriminated against Rangers/protestants , they you're a straightforward hypocrite, not because you're wrong about your priorities, but because you don't recognise that both sides have acted in a damaging way towards Rangers/PUL etc, and one is being called for it whilst the other isn't.

Bottom line is both have been similarly repugnant, so Bears that vote for each should be treated similarly. With similar tolerance, hopefully.

21 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Choosing your battles in the context of abusing Bears is a euphemism for hypocrisy. Nobody is saying don't see Labour as the lesser of evils if that's what you think they are, but don't call people scum if they decide the other of two unpalatable choice is the lesser of evils. Or if they see neither as evil. Both of which arguments could be made for.

The above bolded is your choice, and yours alone. At the end of the day, if you choose to abuse Bears that vote SNP by calling them scum or whatever, whilst failing to do the same for people that vote for a party that actively discriminates/discriminated against Rangers/protestants , they you're a straightforward hypocrite, not because you're wrong about your priorities, but because you don't recognise that both sides have acted in a damaging way towards Rangers/PUL etc, and one is being called for it whilst the other isn't.

Bottom line is both have been similarly repugnant, so Bears that vote for each should be treated similarly. With similar tolerance, hopefully.

You're making some really fair points. I've never understood why the Independence debate gets some people so hot under the collar on here, to the extent that fellow Bears are scum if they vote SNP. Even if the objections are based on the economic / defence / foreign affairs / whatever issues then fair enough, but it still doesn't make someone who disagrees with you scum. I feel anethema towards anyone who votes Tory, but I don't think they are scum.

Here's a thought. The SNP would, in my opinion, fragment into pieces if it ever achieved its stated aim. At the moment, it's actually many different interest groups united under one banner. Those that lean towards the right would no longer need to pretend to like those who lean towards the left. Some would drift towards Labour, some Tory, some whatever. However, the existing "Catholic vote" would now be very much in the minority.

An independent Scotland would still have the Queen as the head of state, which is important to many, we would just stop having legislation made for us by Westminster. What remains of the "Protestant" vote in Scotland, allied with the now majority non-religious vote overall, would arguably mean an end to say, Catholic Schools, Catholic domination of certain councils etc...

3 minutes ago, lanarkshire_bear said:

You're making some really fair points. I've never understood why the Independence debate gets some people so hot under the collar on here, to the extent that fellow Bears are scum if they vote SNP. Even if the objections are based on the economic / defence / foreign affairs / whatever issues then fair enough, but it still doesn't make someone who disagrees with you scum. I feel anethema towards anyone who votes Tory, but I don't think they are scum.

Here's a thought. The SNP would, in my opinion, fragment into pieces if it ever achieved its stated aim. At the moment, it's actually many different interest groups united under one banner. Those that lean towards the right would no longer need to pretend to like those who lean towards the left. Some would drift towards Labour, some Tory, some whatever. However, the existing "Catholic vote" would now be very much in the minority.

An independent Scotland would still have the Queen as the head of state, which is important to many, we would just stop having legislation made for us by Westminster. What remains of the "Protestant" vote in Scotland, allied with the now majority non-religious vote overall, would arguably mean an end to say, Catholic Schools, Catholic domination of certain councils etc...

I agree. I think this is highly likely. 

Still don't think independence would be anything but a costly mistake though. But that's for another thread on another day...