The Stadium Bar

Gaz52

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Glad the Louden took over the Stadium. Cracking pub.

Best thing that happened as we now have a class Gers pub right at the stadium. I just wish it could be even bigger lol I can barely stand when I'm in it but they have done good work with the bottle stall outside.

Also good to see the union bar taking over that other taig pub on paisley road west. All we need now is someone to take over that Stanley bar lol.

taigs out.

2 hours ago, Louden_Greg said:

Is it the lounge you are talking about or the bar? 

We have 4 cd's but they are quite similar around 60 Rangersy songs that are alright. We need to fully replace the sound system from CD based to digital so that we can mix them in better. Due to the nature of our pub I tend to ere on the side of caution with songs by going with the ones that are best received. It's a fair criticism that it can be a bit repetitive but often when you try a new (old) song and it doesn't take off then the atmosphere can turn quickly to the "unsafe" variety. 

I'm doing a bit of work on the playlist and trying to see what we can introduce. For instance I've edited a "glad all over" version for the garner chant that I think will go down well. Tempted to branch out into getting someone to make some songs for us as the older versions of some songs are bit dated or could do with a remaster. Would love a proper good version of Derry's Walls that fits the cadence and forcefulness of the chants at the game. 

5 minutes ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

It's always fucking roasting in there. Also missed many a game in the League 1/Division 2, "it's only Clyde". Watched game on the tele and got mad wi it. 

:beer1:

I always found getting to the game not be an issue , it was deciding wether or not to stay after the third hopeless long punt up to John Daly that was the issue  many times the Loudon won :lol:

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I always found getting to the game not be an issue , it was deciding wether or not to stay after the third hopeless long punt up to John Daly that was the issue  many times the Loudon won :lol:

:lol: Aye it did get busier around third punt to Jon Daly. The football on show was pish even though we were winning (most games) the third division novelty had worn off and watching Ian Black and Kevin Kyle pretending to be footballers was wearing thin. 

34 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

People that sit next to us in Ibrox used to joke about McCoist earning us money with his football ? But in reality poor football means less fans which doesn't help any of the pubs and clubs never mind the team!

9 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Whilst I appreciate the many song examples so far a number would be considered proscribed under current legislation unfortunately. I'll have a listen to them all (think I have all but one so far) and double check 

What about this? :pipe:

2 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

An example of where Scottish legislation is wrong imo but it is what it is and until we get some decent legislation in we as a business have to abide 

A much more serious and sensible answer than I was expecting, tbh! :lol: 

Ive just listened to it again, and it is pretty topical...

2 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

"Also good to see the union bar taking over that other taig pub on paisley road west. All we need now is someone to take over that Stanley bar lol"

Can you expand on this PB? Where is the union and what did it replace?  

2 hours ago, Louden_Greg said:

£4 for that one. £3.50 for every other pint. Bottles £3 except the odd premium and cider bottles at £3.50 and a vodka mix is £2.50

Whit?!?!?

Nae wonder ye only open 2 days a week.

All pints £3, vodka mixer £1.70 in ma local & free food. And if ye don't like Rangers ye'll be asked tae get tae fuck and no come back - exactly like that.

Great wee pub.

@Louden_Greg you may be able to help me out here.  There's a catchy wee song I've heard almost every time I've been in and I can't find it anywhere.  The lyrics in the chorus go something like "and they gave us bigotry on a scale not seen before.  They even backed the Germans right through the war".  What's this called?  And is it on YouTube? :crabflute: