All the best to Madjid Bougherra

Gaz52

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was more than good was assured and bullied the opposition

If he felt the urge to attack did it when he felt like it thought he was a midfielder

What a player and no suprise that for Algeria was a star in the world cup for them at the back.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Another nail in the coffin decision by the gardening one.

Great player, great service to us and I remember him fondly.

Great player for us, and super to know he feels the same affection for our club.

This. 

I believe he loved us enough that he would have stayed with us in the lower leagues. He would have been tied on to be our captain if he'd been given that chance. The legacy of McCoist's fuck ups continues to throw up examples such as this.

A very good player without being a great. He will be fondly remembered.

2 hours ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

I met Bougherra in boots at Glasgow airport on the way to Lisbon, he was buying deodorant and i told him to one from the back incase somebody had already sprayed the ones at the front. Looking back I wish I had asked for a photo, Or at least made a better conversation.

Good advice though mate.

2 hours ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

I met Bougherra in boots at Glasgow airport on the way to Lisbon, he was buying deodorant and i told him to one from the back incase somebody had already sprayed the ones at the front. Looking back I wish I had asked for a photo, Or at least made a better conversation.

I passed gazza in Glasgow airport one year in one of the long corriders in his rangers tartan suit. He was incoming I was outgoing and there was not one other person in the corridor.

As we passed I managed "hi"

How fucking lame is that? At least you struck up a conversation. 

I happened to be staying in a hotel in Glasgow when he signed and psaw him in the swimming pool with his wife and daughter. He had a shocking physique (man boobs and fat stomach)I thought, fucking hell, what have we signed here!

Couldn't have been more wrong! So much pace and power and unbelievable value signing for us.

Very odd that he was so chubby though.