Football Manager stories

Jameshay09

Was wondering if anyone wanted to share their FM stories for example how far they have got with the rangers or any other team (except THEM). I'm currently on my 3rd season with rangers in fm17 and just won the Europa league. All be it with some lucky draws against average teams

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

on 15 I won the champions league with us, beat Arsenal 4-0 in the semis at the Emirates, 2-1 at home, then got Juve in the final and won 3-2 I think. That was after my 4th season maybe

Nice, remember any of the players?

18 minutes ago, Jameshay09 said:

Nice, remember any of the players?

Hervin Ongenda and Nabil Fekir ( I think his name his, from Lyon), as the striker and CAM. Left wing Tarek Elyounoussi, right wing was Aluko. One of the centre mids was Moritz Leitner, other was a big Turkish guy (may have been Ozyakup). Left back was Jordan Lukaku, the rest I can't remember, one of the centre backs was a big hidden Italian animal. 

I can't remember what one it was but I won 10 in a row with Rangers. I got 9 years out of Babacar from Fiorentina who was an absolute monster. Beat Sam English's record for goals in a season in his second season and became our all time greatest goal scorer. Had Abel Hernandez as his strike partner for years. They were absolutely lethal together. 

On FM14 I won thd CL and 5 trebles in a row all down to a strike partnership of Adam Campbell and Alberto Cerri (who's still a machine btw).

Cerri ended up breaking Sam English's record in his second season and ended up breaking McCoists scoring record at 27. Good times.

• 2 weeks later...

Back on Championship Manager (before it became Football Manager) in 2002/3 version on Xbox, I was playing as HJK Helsinki and won a close Finnish league title race because of a striker called Miika Ilo from Telstar in the Netherlands. He was a Finn and I signed him and managed to get a team together with a lot of pace down the wings and a solid centre.

I remember playing another game on the same game where during Rosenborg's long consecutive league run I decided to try to continue it. Signed a few decent players including Lorenzo Amoruso but ended up in EIGHTH place! Played well in the cups and was doing fairly well until about two thirds of the way through the season when a mixture of tiredness and injuries left Rosenberg threadbare and weak. A few old guys just totally broke down to be honest.

Not achievement based, but players wise.

CM03/04 I signed a 15 year old Cerci for Rangers, he ended up scoring 400 goals in just over 350 appearances.

FM13 it must have been, I was at Rangers for a good 15-20 years. Signed a young french regen striker Frederik Nackache. He was a goal machine and played until he was 37 for me, still banging them in. Ended up becoming my assistant manager. Became very attached to that fake player :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Football Manager died after 2007.

In it's hey day I had many a story, especially with the best management game of all time Championship Manager 00/01.

Done about 15 seasons with Rangers and failed all my exams.

Set up as 4-4-2 with your wingers having arrows pointing up the wing. Simple as that. No training and no instructions.

1 minute ago, Sasa_Papac_No1_Fan said:

Set up as 4-4-2 with your wingers having arrows pointing up the wing. Simple as that. No training and no instructions.

Ma man! Easy as that.

I tried a 4-5-1 with a defensive midfielder and arrows all over the shop...that was a brutal November.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Ma man! Easy as that.

I tried a 4-5-1 with a defensive midfielder and arrows all over the shop...that was a brutal November.

31st of December was the magic day, sign half the premiership on free transfers and then realise you've fucked your wage bill when they all sign.

Just now, Sasa_Papac_No1_Fan said:

31st of December was the magic day, sign half the premiership on free transfers and then realise you've fucked your wage bill when they all sign.

Sitting looking at your future transfers with a huge grin then you look at the wage budget....this isn't going to work is it.

Frantically trying to shift Bob Malcolm, Jeszper Christensen and Maurice Ross to free up some money. Kauppila just go to Dundee Untied ya arsehole.

The day comes and all your hard work is over when the transfers don't go through!

I always made a cunt of it with bosmans :lol: 

Used to try to sign as many as I could then July came and you had 4 players for every position. Had to play the non EU players because of that work permit game %ge thing.

Stressed out at night canny sleep and deed the next day at school.

8 hours ago, The Godfather said:

In it's hey day I had many a story, especially with the best management game of all time Championship Manager 00/01.

Passed the life exam GF.

8 hours ago, The Godfather said:

I know so many people from school that done the same thing :lol: up at 5am before an exam playing a champs league final lol