The Auchenhowie Stand???

So with the thread on spending at Ibrox and Auchenhowie I was wondering if anyone knew if the RFFF has blown its wad to build the wonderful stand overlooking the training pitch.

Or is it not going ahead now.

Or is it still in planning.

Or is the money still sitting in an account somewhere, gathering dust but not interest. Half a million over 4 years but no interest paid. Great planning.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs spent on something worthwhile ... my biggest fear is one day that just get's handed to Club1872 for shares or something.

Now before anyone starts (from Club1872 or otherwise) that's not me saying it will happen or anything .. I'm just saying it's a fear of mine. 

22 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

So with the thread on spending at Ibrox and Auchenhowie I was wondering if anyone knew if the RFFF has blown its wad to build the wonderful stand overlooking the training pitch.

Or is it not going ahead now.

Or is it still in planning.

Or is the money still sitting in an account somewhere, gathering dust but not interest. Half a million over 4 years but no interest paid. Great planning.

Check how many Jaffa packets are in Dingers bin.

Is it simply just a stand or is it a stand with changing facilities and other stuff built in with it? I wouldn't see much point in needing just stand at Auchenhowie but if it was more to it like changing facilities and medical facilities etc then I can see it being worthwhile.

5 minutes ago, denya said:

Is it simply just a stand or is it a stand with changing facilities and other stuff built in with it? I wouldn't see much point in needing just stand at Auchenhowie but if it was more to it like changing facilities and medical facilities etc then I can see it being worthwhile.

Auchenhowie itself has various changing rooms for various levels of teams as well as a medical center . 

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Auchenhowie itself has various changing rooms for various levels of teams as well as a medical center . 

So where do the 'much needed' changing facilities mentioned above come in?

A small stand to house 100 people with changing rooms, toilets and cafe would be perfect up there. And would cost buttons. Thevarea people need to stsnd and watch games is quite embarrassing fir a club our size.

Then the majority could be spent on something more important. Used to build a museum or convert Edmiston House into a club sports themed family bar/restaurant or something. Things that will. ensure a steady revenue stream. 

7 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

A small stand to house 100 people with changing rooms, toilets and cafe would be perfect up there. And would cost buttons. Thevarea people need to stsnd and watch games is quite embarrassing fir a club our size.

Then the majority could be spent on something more important. Used to build a museum or convert Edmiston House into a club sports themed family bar/restaurant or something. Things that will. ensure a steady revenue stream. 

You don't get a lot for 500K these days, certainly not as much as you're suggesting.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I don't know . 

I worked in it for a year while it was being constructed and other than the first team changing facilities which included showers , baths and even a sauna , there were 3 or 4 other changing facilities which standard diminished dependent as the age groups lowered . 

Not only is there a medical center but an indoor pool to help players rehabilitate from injuries . It really is a first class facility , though I must be going back nearly 20 years but I can't imagine anything drastic required other than something cosmetic . 

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I don't know . 

I worked in it for a year while it was being constructed and other than the first team changing facilities which included showers , baths and even a sauna , there were 3 or 4 other changing facilities which standard diminished dependent as the age groups lowered . 

Not only is there a medical center but an indoor pool to help players rehabilitate from injuries . It really is a first class facility , though I must be going back nearly 20 years but I can't imagine anything drastic required other than something cosmetic . 

?

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Currently the various youth squads get changed in different rooms within the complex, rooms that aren't actually changing rooms.

Child protection laws don't allow (so I'm told) for different age groups to change together, therefore when multiple age groups use the facilities on the same night they have to change in rooms that arent designed for it.

Essentially this limits the amount of develop squads that can use our facilities at the same time.

This new stand (& more than that) allows for more groups to use the facilities at the same time in safe & suitable surroundings.

13 minutes ago, Ace said:

Currently the various youth squads get changed in different rooms within the complex, rooms that aren't actually changing rooms.

Child protection laws don't allow (so I'm told) for different age groups to change together, therefore when multiple age groups use the facilities on the same night they have to change in rooms that arent designed for it.

Essentially this limits the amount of develop squads that can use our facilities at the same time.

This new stand (& more than that) allows for more groups to use the facilities at the same time in safe & suitable surroundings.

There are various changing rooms , each with their own showers . 

9 minutes ago, Ace said:

If legislative, this is something which should have been taken care of as a matter of course - unless there's a deadline by which we should have the facilities in place, which hasn't arrived yet.

NOT something which could only come to pass because there just happened to be half a mill in a supporters fund which could be annexed.

Otherwise, that sounds a reasonable explanation. (Not a dig at you, btw, Ace).