Jordan Thomson

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Its another **Generic i've never really seen him play but stick the young guy straight into the first team** Thread

We had one for Sinnamon, Gasparrotto, Hardie etc etc - the answer is simple. If he was first team material he would be setting the heather alight at his loan club and he would be in under the spotlight from other clubs - he's neither. So it's my guess that hes not nearly good enough yet, just like all the others. 

Eskbank said yesterday that he knows a Raith fan who says Jordan is much better than their own players they have, not that that's some sort of benchmark but he is doing well apparantely.

Speaking to Morton fans last season they couldn't believe Gasparatto couldn't get in our side and that was from both seeing him play and seeing Rob Keirnan and Danny Wilson play against them.

Also worth saying that Halliday, Holt, Windass and Tav aren't good enough yet either.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

He's out of contract in 6 months I think so why not give him a chance to prove he deserves a new contract

Agree with this, i would have also gave Hardie a wee run as well with the injury to Garner rather than send him back to Raith Rovers.

17 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Tbh, I wouldn't want any good young player with us, as it will ruin his confidence. One bad game and the fans will be calling him all the names under the sun. Happens constantly, and we wonder why we never get youths coming through the ranks.

Yeah we should scrap the youth programme and recruit old players only.

28 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Tbh, I wouldn't want any good young player with us, as it will ruin his confidence. One bad game and the fans will be calling him all the names under the sun. Happens constantly, and we wonder why we never get youths coming through the ranks.

May as well scrap football altogether as this happens at every ground and football park up and down the country.

30 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

So the reason we have no players coming through is because we shout at them?

43 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Whereas the older players you anticipated "wiping the floor" with the bheasts.....

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Its another **Generic i've never really seen him play but stick the young guy straight into the first team** Thread

We had one for Sinnamon, Gasparrotto, Hardie etc etc - the answer is simple. If he was first team material he would be setting the heather alight at his loan club and he would be in under the spotlight from other clubs - he's neither. So it's my guess that hes not nearly good enough yet, just like all the others. 

The difference is he has had some run-outs in the first team and @Rfc52 summed him up perfectly 'comfortable on the ball and composed'.  He is the same age as Rossiter and both have come from top EPL clubs.  Thomson seems more mature both physically and mentally than our youngsters.

MW appears willing, eager actually, to gamble with who he signs knowing the will not all be successful yer unwilling to throw the dice on youngsters who appear to have some talent.   

Seems to me it might be worth bringing Thomson back and giving him a run in the first team squad.  We're short of midfield options and competition for places is not high.   He strikes me as the sort of player who might well grab his chance.

Hardie has gone to Raith for the rest of the season I understand so he's not being considered as a striker option for this season.

50 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

The difference is he has had some run-outs in the first team and @Rfc52 summed him up perfectly 'comfortable on the ball and composed'.  He is the same age as Rossiter and both have come from top EPL clubs.  Thomson seems more mature both physically and mentally than our youngsters.

MW appears willing, eager actually, to gamble with who he signs knowing the will not all be successful yer unwilling to throw the dice on youngsters who appear to have some talent.   

MW and the other coaches watch him in training on a daily basis. Does anyone in here monigor any/all of the youth set up? You have to trust their judgement. Its a huge step up to the first team although Liam Burt has been giving a nibble and i know for a fact that the smhellies are poking their nose around him. So it seems hes the stand out right now. 

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Why not give the whole of the youth team a chance then? Why just him? 

They should be, when they deserve it. I just don't understand why none have been given a chance considering our pish form and all our injuries. From what I've seen of this lad he looks decent on the ball and would be better than Halliday who is piss poor.

I liked to see him recalled as well plus I think Ryan hardie gone on loan again to raith rovers on Jan 1st which is a surprise Liam Burt would be nice too see him on the bench so much for young players seeing a path way to the first team

24 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

MW and the other coaches watch him in training on a daily basis. Does anyone in here monigor any/all of the youth set up? You have to trust their judgement. Its a huge step up to the first team although Liam Burt has been giving a nibble and i know for a fact that the smhellies are poking their nose around him. So it seems hes the stand out right now. 

I trust their judgement but it doesn't stop myself or others questioning their decisions, had enough of 'blind trust' over the past 5 years.  As President Reagan said "trust, but verify".  

I was really hopeful under MW that youth may be given a chance, sadly it hasn't really happened, yet.  Either the players are not good enough or they are not trusted with the responsibility.  McKay has been given the opportunity and grabbed the chance with both hands others may do the same if given the opportunity.  

I think you have to summarise this thread with the below - 

http://spfl.co.uk/challenge-cup/fixture/3639073/

Now that team had JT and liam Burt in it and got fuckin torched by a lower League 1 team - incidentally read the stats tab - they really did get their arses felt

And some on here want them in to play eg a double header against Motherwell!!

Fuck me!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

The lad is getting a lot of game time at Raith and apparently looking really good against hearts today.. 

Warburton has said  about the youngsters,  get them out and get them playing..could he be playing for us though? 

"Jordan Thompson, on loan from Rangers, is making his presence felt in midfield, snapping into tackles and not letting Hearts playmaker Malaury Martin settle at all."

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-thompson/leistungsdaten/spieler/321169

Performance data for the season thus far: 

On 04/01/2017 at 10:27 PM, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I think you have to summarise this thread with the below - 

http://spfl.co.uk/challenge-cup/fixture/3639073/

Now that team had JT and liam Burt in it and got fuckin torched by a lower League 1 team - incidentally read the stats tab - they really did get their arses felt

And some on here want them in to play eg a double header against Motherwell!!

Fuck me!!! 

Are you serious? Barton was in the team when we got smashed by the tims, yet he's doing alright back in the Premier League.

You can't just say because 1 or 2 players were in a team that didn't perform as a whole that day, that they're not and will never be good enough ?