Kenny & Hill to get contract extensions

RFCRobertson

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why did we even sign O'Halloran? :lol:

Because he scored against us and looked a decent CF with lots of pace in that game .......so warbs signed him then hardly played him and when he does play him plays him as a winger in games that we struggle to break teams down and there is no space behind the defence to use his main attribute which is his pace ....... MOH is very poor technically and his decision making in certain areas also seems poor..... for me just another player who has not been used correctly by the manager and not used to his main strengths or skills which are not many tbh ......poor signing imo.

9 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

This rules out any significant investment in my eyes. 

The smhellies are clode to signing a young ivory coast international for c. £3m and we are applying 2 sticking plasters to the spine of our team.

In summary, King has bluffed his way into the Blue Room - where are we going??? 

It would be sheer madness to let two of our best players leave this summer because of their age. Sheer madness.

This is a disgraceful move by Warburton although both players this season so far have been okay if we are to compete with them then we need to improve the squad there is no room for sympathy in football we need to move forward and this move is not going to send out a we mean business marker

If they are both still physically fit to do a job for the team then they certainly deserve to be given extensions for another year imo. I'm not one of those who get caught up on the age issue if they are good Enough and fit enough then they deserve their place in the team for me.

8 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Because he scored against us and looked a decent CF with lots of pace in that game .......so warbs signed him then hardly played him and when he does play him plays him as a winger in games that we struggle to break teams down and there is no space behind the defence to use his main attribute which is his pace ....... MOH is very poor technically and his decision making in certain areas also seems poor..... for me just another player who has not been used correctly by the manager and not used to his main strengths or skills which are not many tbh ......poor signing imo.

Not the first time this has happened for these reasons. Jim Christie from Ayr United and George McLean from St Mirren spring to mind.

3 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

This is a disgraceful move by Warburton although both players this season so far have been okay if we are to compete with them then we need to improve the squad there is no room for sympathy in football we need to move forward and this move is not going to send out a we mean business marker

What are you talking about sympathy? 

We already have a really big/important transfer window in the summer. Letting two of our best players leave would make it infinitely harder.

4 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

:lol::lol: 

We won't mention that one of them scored the goal against the very mhob we're battling with. Or that the other battled for every ball and looked the only CB who deserved to play. 

Whether you like it or not, they both bring bags of experience and know how. I won't excuse King's 'investment' or lack of. But to deny these two of an extension, purely because we haven't spent the money required, is madness. 

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

It would be sheer madness to let two of our best players leave this summer because of their age. Sheer madness.

Is that the sum of our ambitions! Is our hopes going to be pinned on a 38 and 39 yr old pair.

If it is i guarantee a big drop in ST sales because many people will realise King sold them a pup. 

Can't argue with giving them both new deals, along with Fod been our most consistent players.

Not to bothered about Crooks going out on loan, not getting any game time here so may as well send him somewhere he's going to play regularly.

MOH going out on loan is a strange one, personally don't think he's good enough for us and not bothered if he leaves but would hope he'd at least go to England or somewhere we can at least get a fee for him.

Interested to see who the two loan players could be, hoping it's a CB with pace who can pair up with Hill and a CF.

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Is that the sum of our ambitions! Is our hopes going to be pinned on a 38 and 39 yr old pair.

If it is i guarantee a big drop in ST sales because many people will realise King sold them a pup. 

No, but why would we release them when they've been two of our top performers this season? What a stupid move that would be.

If you wouldn't buy a season ticket because the team is poor then batter in, I personally find that ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

What are you talking about sympathy? 

We already have a really big/important transfer window in the summer. Letting two of our best players leave would make it infinitely harder.

Sorry I beg to differ it is not a positive move we have to improve not stay still or go backwards both players legs are going   Both are on decent wages we need to use their wages and look for players who improve the squad

Just now, PRW. said:

No, but why would we release them when they've been two of our top performers this season? What a stupid move that would be.

If you wouldn't buy a season ticket because the team is poor then batter in, I personally find that ridiculous. 

Firstly, i'll buy my ST for the 35th year in a row but i think others will not.

Secondly, you sum it up - a 37 and 38 yr old are our best players. What does that say about the rest of our squad   How are we meant to compete with that lot? 

We should be trying to sign a Cuellar for 2m again - 2/3yrs good service and off to the prem for a good profit. That should be our ambition!!! 

3 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

If O'Halloran goes out on loan i hope either St Johnstone are picking up at least half his wages or looking to buy him back.

Unfortunately there's absolutely zero chance of this happening they stung us for 1/2 million for him and had the cheek to try and negotiate for more!.......am I right in saying he's on a 4 year contract as well ??.........

6 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

If O'Halloran goes out on loan i hope either St Johnstone are picking up at least half his wages or looking to buy him back.

Unfortunately there's absolutely zero chance of this happening they stung us for 1/2 million for him and had the cheek to try and negotiate for more!.......am I right in saying he's on a 4 year contract as well ??.........

10 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Sorry I beg to differ it is not a positive move we have to improve not stay still or go backwards both players legs are going   Both are on decent wages we need to use their wages and look for players who improve the squad

How many players are we likely to be able to get to improve the squad? Surely we must replace those who are not performing rather than those who are

7 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Yeah he still has another 3.5 years on his contract (come February initially it was a 4.5 year contract) 

If Hill gets another year (Which he should IMO) then he should primarily be a bench player and a guide for the younger players.

As for Miller, if he gets another year (Again, he should IMO) then it should be the beginning of him moving into coaching and like Hill he should be used as a guide and example for younger players.

EDIT - Thank fuck Crooks is away btw, the human personification of a donkey.