OzGers

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ibroxblue said:

This sort of story in the Daily Rectum or The Scum should be taken with a sack of salt.

I hope so. You'd think we would have Barton's wages minimum to spend and toral won't be that much surely

The article does contradict as it suggests we are still in for jota 

13 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Don't fall for the hype. This is a boy that was going to Spurs for £6m a year ago but half a season in Scotland has added over £14m to his value? 

It's the Celtic PR machine in full flow and if you think they would turn down £12m- £15m for a player that they paid £500k for then you're kidding yourselves.

Time will tell and I'll take no pleasure at being proven correct. He was a 6m Spurs gamble with 6 months left in his contract. Fulham wanted to take the money and keep him on loan for the rest of the season.  

Anyway fuck him. Spent too much time on this subject. It's depressing 

2 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

I'm not a MW lover but King signed him.

Yeah to compete with the Ronnie Delia bheasts.

They then got shot, got a decent manager in, got the CL money and invested a few million and decent wages on some very good players.

King has 3 options.

1. Spend and compete.

2. Don't spend, don't compete, face the wrath.

3. Push forward a fall guy.

Warburton will be that fall guy, it's just a matter of when.

40 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The latest argument for not spending his money and delivering on pledges made.

Not much longer til King throws MW to the lions.

The only one who will throw MW to the lions is himself.

The signings of Senderos, Kranjcar and Barton were an abject failure.

The striker he paid near £2m for will probably now finish the season with 3 goals.

Crooks and Rossiter are perpetually injured.

£750,000 paid out for MOH and Dodoo to warm the bench 95% of the time.

MW wont be manager of Rangers next season so its probably not wise to hand this guy a war chest right now and keep any money for the next gaffer.

6 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

I can see your point but most these players a free for a reason. 

While most of his signings were Bosmans some like Senderos,Barton,Kranjcar and Rossiter would no doubt be on huge wages in SPFL terms.

Also any money Rangers have spent over the last 12 months has been totally wasted by MW as well.

How embarrassing for Warburton that after signing 11 players in the summer that he's now wanting another 3 to aid his team get second place and for him personally to save face and most likely his job.

If we dont get second he'll piss off back to England with the old "i'd taken the club as far as i could" line pushed by his English media pals.

Why doesn't Mr Mcparland use those agents he's, ermmmm friendly with, to get Senderos,MOH,Waghorn,Crooks other clubs.

18 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Every chance the source was Paul Murray we know how close they are.

Every chance there is no source. We're five days into January. Still plenty of time left before we need to start panicking.

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

Septic only spent about £3m net this summer so it's hardly like he's up against a Man City level of spending from across the city.

Yes they did have a squad signed for a lot of money before hand but the manager they have has made players that were gash under Deila into better players.

They got Dembele for 500k compo the same money we spent on MOH last year.

But they will have paid that upfront we will be paying in installments because of the boards lies about investment.

It's a bit simplistic just to blame Warburton and ignore the boards lies.

Not surprised at all by this at all. I know it's the Record but I can't believe anyone really believes we have the money to recruit 3 players who will add quality to the squad in January. We are skint and anyone thinking King is going to magic up some funds is in cuckoo land. And the worrying thing is Dembele WILL go for big money plus they will get a kickback of 10℅ when Van Dijk goes. Meanwhile we are fucking about with more panic loan signings till the end of the season. Its depressing.

I would suggests its time we moved people on then. MOH looks to be out in the cold so get shot him. Get shot of Aird, terminate Kranjcars and senderos contract, thats 4 right way. At least 3 of them will be on good wages.

If MW is complaining he only has his disaster of a summer transfer window to blame. I despise DK but picking up the pieces after MW completely fucks it up isnt his job.

37 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah to compete with the Ronnie Delia bheasts.

They then got shot, got a decent manager in, got the CL money and invested a few million and decent wages on some very good players.

King has 3 options.

1. Spend and compete.

2. Don't spend, don't compete, face the wrath.

3. Push forward a fall guy.

Warburton will be that fall guy, it's just a matter of when.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10526627/dave-king-claims-rangers-will-hold-money-in-reserve-until-january

King did say this was his window.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yeah but he's allowed to change his mind and shouldnt be held to account.

In line to achieve his set goal (2nd with European place), talk of him wanting more players from the pot that was allegedly held back for this window, and now in here the apparent lack of spending is justified by saying to hold back the money for the next manager.

No one pulls him up it's like he brainwashes them.

No matter what he says, it's always an excuse to justify it or someone else's fault.

If someone pledges to do something they should be held to account. If they dont, justify why not. End of.

I think we will sign more than one player I would think we will get at 

least three new players in,there is nothing wrong with loan signings

as long as their good enough to get us into second place.:craphead:         

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah but he's allowed to change his mind and shouldnt be held to account.

In line to achieve his set goal (2nd with European place), talk of him wanting more players from the pot that was allegedly held back for this window, and now in here the apparent lack of spending is justified by saying to hold back the money for the next manager.

No one pulls him up it's like he brainwashes them.

Because I think people realise that the 30 million comment was a mistake and are willing to look past it because we don't have any money to spend. I don't think King and co are holding back excessive amounts. I just don't think they have it. In addition to the fact I don't think there is anyone out there at the moment that would want to buy the club and plough lots of money in. It's just where we are at the moment.